NameSilo

discuss What's The Best way to set up your domain website?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Ive used third party brokers such as DNS and others and have had over 100 inquiries and only one sale. I have done 3 times better negotiating by myself via email. So I have come to the conclusion that it's worth selling my own domains on my own website.

But what is effective? What works best? What do buyers take seriously?

1. You have portfolio website with logos similar to brand bucket?
  2. You have portfolio sites where the names are just listed without logos
  3. You have a landing page for each domain with a offer form
  4. You have a simple 1 to 5 page website that's not too flashy, may even look oldish but can be taken seriously. These sites have only necessary info with no names to show but the names are forwarded there and you can use contact form.
  5. You have a domain shop whether your own theme or third party like name investors. Where people can buy the name on your site or click through to escrow or Paypal.
  6. Have a designer do some custom solution? What exactly?
These are all ideas I'm thinking about. I considered portfolio with logos before to be honest but got no inquiries. I'm not sure if it was just the main domain being weak or the site not looking serious enough? So I will consider all. Personally I think I take sites that don't even look flashy seriously. Think it's maybe a solid company is hat owns the name but may not be using it or maybe it's a trustworthy investor.

--Share what you think is the best?
What would you do take seriously as a buyer?

Share any Wordpress themes you think would be excellent...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

That's not done. At least in Firefox. You can scroll down below the end of the footer for about 0.5 mile :)

I would probably increase the size of the menu text by 50-100%

Last edited:
•••
OK. That's fine, if thats where you want it. But you should get rid of the email. You don't need the email stuff on every page. You have it in the menu.

I take it you cannot separate the domains and the text into 2 separate blocks?

But it looking a lot better overall.
Yes, unable to separate the domains, may be I don't know how to do it with Wix. Will get rid of emails, but need time to do every page. I will exclude the emails for the new pages. Yes, it looks better now after your input. Thanks for your advice and will constantly update and improve slowly. Many thanks.

•••
Will try to
That's not done. At least in Firefox. You can scroll down below the end of the footer for about 0.5 mile :)

I would probably increase the size of the menu text by 50-100%
Will try to reduce amount of drop down menu, and avoid long scroll down...I enlarge slightly the menu, looks too busy when increase to 50% size.

•••
OK. It's looking better. Hears what I think you need to fix. YMMV

1. The "- Up To 60% Discount" should be in the heading above the domain names.

2. The "Deals Of The Day - Up To 60% Discount" should be deleted from the white box

3. The white box should be separated from the domain names, and could include a heading, like above the domain names. I forget what you kept before and have removed now. But that's what I would do. Ahh... It was ""Domain Name is your Business Name"

4. I would remove "
Internet billionaire domain name property
Billionaire.Property sells billionaire domain name property. Digital real estate is the foundation asset for billion dollar businesses chasing internet customers" and the email contact (because you have that in your menu)

5. The text, if you wish, could go in the white box instead.

6. I'd keep google verification to the end. But I'd make sure that is defines in the footer part of the template (so it appears on every page).

7. I'd also make sure your header/menu appears in the header part of the template, so it also will appear on every page as well.
"...I take it you cannot separate the domains and the text into 2 separate blocks?"
I found a solution..... and able to separate the domains and the text into 2 separate boxes...check it out. Looks better. Also, I removed the scroll down domains, and restrict the numbers to top landing page without too much scrolling down.....

•••
@Raymond C There still seems to be a lot of blank space in the footer. Overall it looks nice though.

•••
@Raymond C There still seems to be a lot of blank space in the footer. Overall it looks nice though.

Yes it's looking much better overall, now. Here are probably my final comments on this. As always YMMV.

1. I prefer the Social Media links in the Header. So you should remove them from the footer, and centralize the other text on that line.

2. I would put in the menu, only 1 link for your 4 domain categories. Called "Domains For Sale". And whichever category a visitor clicks on in the dropdown, ie 3-4 char, would load that page.

3. The Domain Deals of the Day should be clickable links on the domain name.

4. I'd definitely get rid of the eMail in the footer. Surely if you edit the footer, it should be gone from all pages. That's the whole point of a footer. You shouldn't need to edit every page.

5. The page should end immediately after the gray footer. You should not be able to travel any further down the page.

Then your Home Page would be done as far as my comments are concerned :)

•••
I found these wordpress themes for domain sellers. "google"
intime wp theme
domina wp theme
this domain is for sale wp theme
my domain list wp theme

•••
Guess most of these are WP Plugins.. Not themes..

•••
Guess most of these are WP Plugins.. Not themes..
You are correct my error as they work with many themes. Absent minded on the post.

•••
Yes it's looking much better overall, now. Here are probably my final comments on this. As always YMMV.

1. I prefer the Social Media links in the Header. So you should remove them from the footer, and centralize the other text on that line.

2. I would put in the menu, only 1 link for your 4 domain categories. Called "Domains For Sale". And whichever category a visitor clicks on in the dropdown, ie 3-4 char, would load that page.

3. The Domain Deals of the Day should be clickable links on the domain name.

4. I'd definitely get rid of the eMail in the footer. Surely if you edit the footer, it should be gone from all pages. That's the whole point of a footer. You shouldn't need to edit every page.

5. The page should end immediately after the gray footer. You should not be able to travel any further down the page.

Then your Home Page would be done as far as my comments are concerned :)
Will do item2 when time permit. There is no eMail in the footer, unless I miss something. Don't know how to fix the end after the footer.

•••
Will do item2 when time permit. There is no eMail in the footer, unless I miss something. Don't know how to fix the end after the footer.

OK. Do #2 at your leasure.

Seems like you've fixed the whitespace below the footer. Your page now ends after the footer.

What? You cannot see the huge Enquiries/Make an Offer section above the last line of your page, below Internet Billionaire Domain Name Property section?

One other small tip would be not to have any water/sky pictures on the slider because you aren't getting enough differenceiation/definition between the slider and your background picture.

Last edited:
•••
I just created my own portfolio website (https://www.metalogics.xyz/portfolio) and forwarded all my domains to it. So far it is very easy for me to manage the domains, I can create, update and do whatever anytime after logging in to my website.

It saves a lot of my time just to log in to different registrars website just to check a little thing.

•••
I just created my own portfolio website (https://www.metalogics.xyz/portfolio) and forwarded all my domains to it. So far it is very easy for me to manage the domains, I can create, update and do whatever anytime after logging in to my website.

It saves a lot of my time just to log in to different registrars website just to check a little thing.
So did you create the entire site metalogics.xyz?

If so were you able to create a bulk uplaoder to upload all your domains at once and automatically assign landing pages to each domain?

That is what I am looking for, just like Sedo I want to create a site where I can upload at least 100 domains at a time and it assign every domain its own landing page after pointing each domains nameservers to my site.

Thanks

•••
Well it is not as advance as Sedo landing pages are. But it serves my needs. I add one domain at a time with all customized features I want and it automatically create a landing page for that.

•••
Well it is not as advance as Sedo landing pages are. But it serves my needs. I add one domain at a time with all customized features I want and it automatically create a landing page for that.
Thanks, You did a great job.

•••
OK. Do #2 at your leasure.

Seems like you've fixed the whitespace below the footer. Your page now ends after the footer.

What? You cannot see the huge Enquiries/Make an Offer section above the last line of your page, below Internet Billionaire Domain Name Property section?

One other small tip would be not to have any water/sky pictures on the slider because you aren't getting enough differenceiation/definition between the slider and your background picture.
Nearly done.....well, still need to do updates.....

•••
For me. I don't see your reasoning to wanting The Billionaire Property text on every page. It doesn't make sense to me. But if that's what you want to do. It's up to you. But I would instead include it with the other text above it. I'd rearrange that text into 2 sections. "For Buyers" and "For Sellers". I would include the Billionaire Property text in the About Us page. But I don't see the need to include it on every inside page. YMMV.

And as I've mentioned I'd replace the 4 domain categories in the menu with "Domains For Sale" with the 4 categories in the dropdown menu. Clicking on a category taking you to that categories page.

You also need to fix all inside pages to get rid of the white space above the footer. My first and only comment about your inside pages because you originally only asked for improvements about your Home Page :)

Other than that. I'm done :)

Last edited:
•••
For me. I don't see your reasoning to wanting The Billionaire Property text on every page. It doesn't make sense to me. But if that's what you want to do. It's up to you. But I would instead include it with the other text above it. I'd rearrange that text into 2 sections. "For Buyers" and "For Sellers". I would include the Billionaire Property text in the About Us page. But I don't see the need to include it on every inside page. YMMV.

And as I've mentioned I'd replace the 4 domain categories in the menu with "Domains For Sale" with the 4 categories in the dropdown menu. Clicking on a category taking you to that categories page.

You also need to fix all inside pages to get rid of the white space above the footer. My first and only comment about your inside pages because you originally only asked for improvements about your Home Page :)

Billionaire Property text is for the Google SEO purposes. That's why it goes to top 1 page 1 when typed keyword Billionaire Property. Will update to Domain For Sale soon, quite a lot of time involved. I know, I need to get rid of white space, it takes time....:) Good point, good to rearrange that text into 2 sections. "For Buyers" and "For Sellers".Thanks for your input, it looks better now.....

•••
Billionaire Property text is for the Google SEO purposes. That's why it goes to top 1 page 1 when typed keyword Billionaire Property. Will update to Domain For Sale soon, quite a lot of time involved. I know, I need to get rid of white space, it takes time....:) Good point, good to rearrange that text into 2 sections. "For Buyers" and "For Sellers".Thanks for your input, it looks better now.....

Not quite sure that individuals Googling "Billionaire Property" would be looking for domain names. :guilty:

•••
Not quite sure that individuals Googling "Billionaire Property" would be looking for domain names. :guilty:
I know what you mean..... I try to target billionaire property owners who stumble into my domain name website.... hopefully they might think of buying premium domain names as their domain name investment portfolios....Billionaires are more likely spend big money on domains....:)

•••
I know what you mean..... I try to target billionaire property owners who stumble into my domain name website.... hopefully they might think of buying premium domain names as their domain name investment portfolios....Billionaires are more likely spend big money on domains....:)

Ahhh, I got you. That makes sense. Perhaps put up some educational material to persuade them. :D

•••
Ahhh, I got you. That makes sense. Perhaps put up some educational material to persuade them. :D
Good point....I am starting putting up educational materials, so they can learn and persuade them to invest....:)

•••
Can you suggest what educational materials that are suitable to educate billionaires? Thanks.

•••

Hi Stub, I nearly completed the updates you suggested. Check it out whether you happy with. Please comment if there is error to be done. Thanks.

•••
Do you know one that you can just add the domain and the price? One set up for domain sellers. Best if it link to payment cart.
You need Woocommerce for that. Each domain = an item. Tons of free and paid themes, and also plugins for customizing a shit out of it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back