IT.COM

discuss What's The Best way to set up your domain website?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Ive used third party brokers such as DNS and others and have had over 100 inquiries and only one sale. I have done 3 times better negotiating by myself via email. So I have come to the conclusion that it's worth selling my own domains on my own website.

But what is effective? What works best? What do buyers take seriously?

1. You have portfolio website with logos similar to brand bucket?
  2. You have portfolio sites where the names are just listed without logos
  3. You have a landing page for each domain with a offer form
  4. You have a simple 1 to 5 page website that's not too flashy, may even look oldish but can be taken seriously. These sites have only necessary info with no names to show but the names are forwarded there and you can use contact form.
  5. You have a domain shop whether your own theme or third party like name investors. Where people can buy the name on your site or click through to escrow or Paypal.
  6. Have a designer do some custom solution? What exactly?
These are all ideas I'm thinking about. I considered portfolio with logos before to be honest but got no inquiries. I'm not sure if it was just the main domain being weak or the site not looking serious enough? So I will consider all. Personally I think I take sites that don't even look flashy seriously. Think it's maybe a solid company is hat owns the name but may not be using it or maybe it's a trustworthy investor.

--Share what you think is the best?
What would you do take seriously as a buyer?

Share any Wordpress themes you think would be excellent...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I may consider Bodis! So you would be the one negotiating a sale? No broker, no commission. But if I do that then it wouldn't make sense to do my own lander or website

Correct :)

•••
I make a landing page with slide photos of domain names which link to buy it now page.
Wasn't sure whether having a slide format is a good idea? What would you think?
http://www.billionaire.property/

•••
@Raymond C - For me personally, it was way too cluttered. YMMV.

•••
•••
to much stuff going on. hard to see the name on the left side of slider, then off to the next one. Its kind of overwhelming to the eyes. Very beautiful site, you did a god job. And the prices are in pounds. I think usd is better. I have n oway to convert it to canadian dollars without spending time just to find a price.
Maybe slow down the slider?
100 pages in google, did you spend a lot of time building it?

•••
to much stuff going on. hard to see the name on the left side of slider, then off to the next one. Its kind of overwhelming to the eyes. Very beautiful site, you did a god job. And the prices are in pounds. I think usd is better. I have n oway to convert it to canadian dollars without spending time just to find a price.
I did spend lots of time regularly updates on my site. I see your point, I slow dome the slide from 3 sec to 5 sec. I use Wix and custom design, unfortunately the name on the left of the slide can't be customise in order to increase the size of fonts to make it visible....

•••
my canadian dollar is worth 0.54 pounds and 1 british pound is worth $1.86 canadian
so $1600 gbp = $2980 cdn dollars
so much easier if it was in usd.
can you slow the slider to 7 seconds, that part is way better

•••
I slow down to 7 sec.
my canadian dollar is worth 0.54 pounds and 1 british pound is worth $1.86 canadian
so $1600 gbp = $2980 cdn dollars
so much easier if it was in usd.
can you slow the slider to 7 seconds, that part is way better
I make it 7 sec. Let me know if it is too slow? Thanks.

•••
•••
•••
•••
I may consider Bodis! So you would be the one negotiating a sale? No broker, no commission. But if I do that then it wouldn't make sense to do my own lander or website

You can integrate Escrow into any platform. Checkout @Bram C. landing pages.

http://socialfilter.com/

He has PayPal and Escrow as payment options.

•••
•••
The service Bodis provides is great with an easy UI. I've had little luck with the landers though. Pointing out options.

•••
The service Bodis provides is great with an easy UI. I've had little luck with the landers though. Pointing out options.

we're all pointing out options. you are no more associated with the apple than I am with the orange. I just say what I like. taking into account things I value like friendly UI, simplicity, free vs not free etc.

I've tried many sites and always go back to bodis. as far as I am concerned, it is the perfect place from which to manage all yoru domains. whether to send ot parked page with sale banner, redirect right away to sale lander (offer/buynow), redirect to url (like flippa sale lander, afternic or any other, with just 2 clicks of mouse!).. plus great visitor stats.. and amazing support too.

for me it just got to the point where trying new services is a waste of time. as nothing really tops bodis. so I'm pointing this out as option to others now. cause I got no reason not to.

cheers.

•••
•••
@MasterOfMyDomains . Thanks for your feed back. I have updated the site after your comment. Hope it's not too clutter now. Please advice. Thanks

•••
I make a landing page with slide photos of domain names which link to buy it now page.
Wasn't sure whether having a slide format is a good idea? What would you think?
http://www.billionaire.property/
Take the "s" off the word everyday. it makes a difference.
"We are please to provide Domain Deals Of The Day on daily basis. We randomly add new premium domains everydays"*

i personally would use a plain white background too.

•••
Bodis support page states this FYI.

Q. Does Bodis charge a commission fee for domain name sales/escrow?

A. Bodis does not charge commission for domain name sales. However, there is a small third party commission fee added for sales handled through our Escrow.com interface. This fee is 3.25% for sales between $0.00 - $5000.00 ($25.00 minimum).

More information on this can be found here.

www.escrow.com/support/fee-calculator.aspx

•••
Take the "s" off the word everyday. it makes a difference.
"We are please to provide Domain Deals Of The Day on daily basis. We randomly add new premium domains everydays"*

i personally would use a plain white background too.
I make 100% opaque white background. s taken off. Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
You mean too cluttered with slides? or reduce number of slides?

Here is what I would do. From Top to Bottom

1. Remove the Read More and make the domain the clickable Item. Make it bigger and Centralize it.
2. Remove the white lines around Domain Deals of the Day from extending to the edge of the screen.
3. Remove all the wording in Domain Deals of the Day. Just have the Domain Names.
4. To counter all the text about deals of the day being removed. I'd put after "Deals of the Day - 50% Discount"
5. Take Domain Resources off the Home Page and put them on an inside page. Add it to the Menu.
6. I don't really like emails on the front page. I'd put it in the Menu as "Make Offer"
7 Put in a copyright notice in a footer
8. You should have a ToS and SiteMap also in the footer.
9. For text on the front page. I put it in a separate section on the front page. Use the last 2 paragraphs (without the heading) currently under Deals of The Day. I would remove the centralization.
10. If you run out of space in your menu. I'd put all the items in a black footer full width, with 4 columns.
11. I'd keep just your domain listings in the menu. I'd make each drop down domains column as wide (in the dropdown) as you need it to be to show all the domains in 2 or 3 columns on one page without scrolling. Again remove the white line. It's ugly.

These are just what I would do to make your homepage more professional looking. YMMV.

•••

1. Remove the Read More and make the domain the clickable Item. Make it bigger and Centralize it.
2. Remove the white lines around Domain Deals of the Day from extending to the edge of the screen.
3. Remove all the wording in Domain Deals of the Day. Just have the Domain Names.
4. To counter all the text about deals of the day being removed. I'd put after "Deals of the Day - 50% Discount"
5. Take Domain Resources off the Home Page and put them on an inside page. Add it to the Menu.
6. I don't really like emails on the front page. I'd put it in the Menu as "Make Offer"
9. For text on the front page. I put it in a separate section on the front page. Use the last 2 paragraphs (without the heading) currently under Deals of The Day. I would remove the centralization.
10. If you run out of space in your menu. I'd put all the items in a black footer full width, with 4 columns.
11. I'd keep just your domain listings in the menu. I'd make each drop down domains column as wide (in the dropdown) as you need it to be to show all the domains in 2 or 3 columns on one page without scrolling. Again remove the white line. It's ugly.

These are just what I would do to make your homepage more professional looking. YMMV.
Thanks for your input. I will update it according to your suggestion asap.

•••

Regarding item1, unable to remove the Read More and make the domain the clickable Item. Can't make it bigger as it's a standard template, unable to customise from WIX....Be nice if it can be done.

•••
Ive used third party brokers such as DNS and others and have had over 100 inquiries and only one sale. I have done 3 times better negotiating by myself via email. So I have come to the conclusion that it's worth selling my own domains on my own website.

But what is effective? What works best? What do buyers take seriously?

1. You have portfolio website with logos similar to brand bucket?
  2. You have portfolio sites where the names are just listed without logos
  3. You have a landing page for each domain with a offer form
  4. You have a simple 1 to 5 page website that's not too flashy, may even look oldish but can be taken seriously. These sites have only necessary info with no names to show but the names are forwarded there and you can use contact form.
  5. You have a domain shop whether your own theme or third party like name investors. Where people can buy the name on your site or click through to escrow or Paypal.
  6. Have a designer do some custom solution? What exactly?
These are all ideas I'm thinking about. I considered portfolio with logos before to be honest but got no inquiries. I'm not sure if it was just the main domain being weak or the site not looking serious enough? So I will consider all. Personally I think I take sites that don't even look flashy seriously. Think it's maybe a solid company is hat owns the name but may not be using it or maybe it's a trustworthy investor.

--Share what you think is the best?
What would you do take seriously as a buyer?

Share any Wordpress themes you think would be excellent...

There are this guy on ebay that seems to do pretty good sellong apart from the marketplaces he keeps a store that appears to be an ecommerce cms not like wordpress and it looks real professional rajdomains.com one thing i know is that he always makes a compelling logo for every name and he never stops what i call rehashing his wares or circling and circling them in fron of the ebayers and twitterers

•••
There are this guy on ebay that seems to do pretty good sellong apart from the marketplaces he keeps a store that appears to be an ecommerce cms not like wordpress and it looks real professional rajdomains.com one thing i know is that he always makes a compelling logo for every name and he never stops what i call rehashing his wares or circling and circling them in fron of the ebayers and twitterers
I know of his site. He seems to be doing pretty well. I will definitely take notes from him. Thanks!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back