Dynadot

What registrars do you want to see compared?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Christian Taylor

Established Member
Impact
Alright guys,

I'm wanting to make a YouTube video on my channel to compare 5 domain registrars. I know there are so many out there, but what are the main ones you guys think I should cover?

I was thinking..
  • GoDaddy
  • Network Solutions
  • Namecheap
  • NameSilo
  • Uniregistry
What registrars do you want to see compared?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think, seeing as how this is a website for domainers, that most of us have experience with most of the major registrars...so I'm not sure what the intent of this video would be?

•••
I think, seeing as how this is a website for domainers, that most of us have experience with most of the major registrars...so I'm not sure what the intent of this video would be?

The video wasn't targeted at this site. I make YouTube videos related to technology and am wanting to make a video to "break it down" for noobs. I.e. someone is buying a domain for the first time and wonders "where should I buy it? What is best?"

•••
I'd like to see Dynadot included in this list. I dislike the first 3 on the list. So my list would be Dynadot, NameSilo, and Uniregistry. I don't really understand what you are going to compare. But unless it's an in deep comparison, including pluses and minuses of actual usage. And that's a difficult task, even for just 1 registrar. Let alone to compare and contrast multiple registrars. You should probably forget it. How do you even boil down NameSilo's pricing policy to less than a page? Let alone knowledgeably evaluate all their other services they offer.

•••
I'd like to see Dynadot included in this list. I dislike the first 3 on the list. So my list would be Dynadot, NameSilo, and Uniregistry. I don't really understand what you are going to compare. But unless it's an in deep comparison, including pluses and minuses of actual usage. And that's a difficult task, even for just 1 registrar. Let alone to compare and contrast multiple registrars. You should probably forget it. How do you even boil down NameSilo's pricing policy to less than a page? Let alone knowledgeably evaluate all their other services they offer.

I'm comparing prices of .com domains, features (if Whois protection is free, email forwarding, URL forwarding, mobile app, etc), and how good the UI is of the panel. I don't like GoDaddy or Network Solutions, but the idea is to target to the average consumer, and they need to see a few recognizable names to be interested. It's not a video for domainers, just noobs wondering what each panel looks like and what features are offered.

•••
OK. Put Dynadot on the list. And provide the URL when your done.

•••
OK. Put Dynadot on the list. And provide the URL when your done.

Any coupons you know of? I don't want to spend much since I'm just gonna throw away the domain next year. I decided to change out Network Solutions with Name.com, since I hear about Name often.

So:
I already have a domain at Namecheap and Uniregistry, a relative has a domain at Wild West Domains, which is now owned by GoDaddy and the panel is identical.

At NameSilo I plan to get a $1.49 .Space domain, and at Name.com I will get a $0.99 .Com domain with a promo code I found.

Translation: don't want to spend much. Any promo codes for Dynadot? It can be a cheap TLD too. I don't care if it's not .com

•••
Interesting initiative (y)
Do provide here, or PM me, the link to the video, when ready, please. Thanks!

Last edited:
•••
I started using epik recently and so far so good...free privacy included (if you want) and good service. It would be interesting to see them in a comparison with the others. If you do include them, please pm me a link if you can.

•••
I started using epik recently and so far so good...free privacy included (if you want) and good service. It would be interesting to see them in a comparison with the others. If you do include them, please pm me a link if you can.
Same here. I was about to suggest Epik myself (y)

•••
I was about to suggest Epik myself

Actually, now that I think about it, it's been almost a year since I've been using them...transferred many to them and registered hundreds through them...no complaints at all...many complaints about a couple of the OG five listed. It would be interesting to see an unbiased side by side comparison (unlike the ones the registrars tend to put on their own sites).

•••
How about above? Got some with them but not sure they are in the same boat as original 5. Okay, I'm done adding :)

Look forward to the results.

•••
@Mister Funsky and @Domains - Wanted

Will definitely add Epik! Can get a .gdn name there for cheap! :)

Hopefully you guys realize, I'd like to compare as many as possible, I just can't break the bank with registrars that don't have a cheap introductory offer!

•••
Name.com, NameSilo, Namcheap, GoDaddy, Uniregistry are top OnlyDomains and 101Domain.com are decent too.

•••
So now the modified list is:
  • GoDaddy
  • Namecheap
  • NameSilo
  • Uniregistry
  • Epik
  • Name.com (in consideration)
  • Dynadot (in consideration)

•••
You might want to include one registrar that uses a very popular, third party panel (can't recall the panel name - someone help me here...) - like AlpNames or BigRock.com...

I vote for AlpNames - lots of promos! - plus they have a very helpful rep right here, at NP

@AlpNames

Last edited:
•••
You might want to include one registrar that uses a very popular, third party panel (can't recall the panel name - someone help me here...) - like AlpNames or BigRock.com...

I vote for AlpNames - lots of promos! - plus they have a very helpful rep right here, at NP

@AlpNames

AlpNames has domains for $0.69, so financially, I can add them in the mix. I need to have a "cut off" though, as if I compared too many companies, people will just be bored! Thinking..
  • GoDaddy
  • Namecheap
  • NameSilo
  • Uniregistry
  • Epik
  • Name.com
  • AlpNames
I need to cover GoDaddy just to make people happy since they're the top dog, but we all know they basically suck, so I can dismiss them fast in the video, which leaves 6 companies to have solid content on. I think this will need to be the limit.

•••
I need a way to test the support at each of these places. Can any of you guys think of a "duh" question I can ask? Like, I want to test their support, but I'm already good with figuring stuff out. As a "domain newbie," what would be a question someone might ask that I can ask to each registrar?

•••
•••
•••
With the names you have, it will be a good comparison .

•••
I need a way to test the support at each of these places

Now that we have the registrars sorted out, are there any things in particular you'd like to see me test? What should I do to test the support? I'm thinking I can ask a fairly simple question and get a rough time on how long it takes to get an answer. Now, of course, this is subjective on what time of day I do it, and there are a lot of variables that could contribute to it.

•••
Any coupons you know of? I don't want to spend much since I'm just gonna throw away the domain next year. I decided to change out Network Solutions with Name.com, since I hear about Name often.

So:
I already have a domain at Namecheap and Uniregistry, a relative has a domain at Wild West Domains, which is now owned by GoDaddy and the panel is identical.

At NameSilo I plan to get a $1.49 .Space domain, and at Name.com I will get a $0.99 .Com domain with a promo code I found.

Translation: don't want to spend much. Any promo codes for Dynadot? It can be a cheap TLD too. I don't care if it's not .com

I'd like to see you keep Dynadot on the list. They also have a number of domain extensions they are offering at .99 or 1.99 -- just go to their site and search on a name and see the suggestions they come up with...

If you are just trying to compare control panels, etc and the extension does not matter...

Regards,
DN

•••
•••
I'd like to see you keep Dynadot on the list. They also have a number of domain extensions they are offering at .99 or 1.99 -- just go to their site and search on a name and see the suggestions they come up with...

If you are just trying to compare control panels, etc and the extension does not matter...

Regards,
DN

Thanks, I'll definitely consider it. I didn't realize they have some cheap extensions too!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back