Domain Empire

Afternic Fast Transfer and Domain/com, Dotster

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Cdomains

Top Member
Impact
I've never listed a domain registered at Domain/com or Dotster on Afternic's premium network with fast transfer.

I usually receive an email asking me to accept the domains into the program.

I see that Domain/com and Dotster are listed as partners for fast transfer.

I have not yet received the emails asking me to accept these domains into the fast transfer program.

Has anyone else listed domains registered at these registrars on Afternic's fast transfer program.

Is there a way to accept the domains from inside your account at these registrars?

What is the deal with this?

@usernamex, @daica85, @alcy - you guys use these registrars.

Do you know how this works?

Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Anyone?

Last edited:
•••
I have listed Dotster domains with Afternic's fast transfer and you get an email from Dotster to accept.
Sometimes this email never arrives. It happens with other registrars too.

AFAIK there is no way to accept the domains from the control panel.

You can try removing the BIN price, and afer some time putting it up again, this may work.

•••
I just noticed that some domains have the wrong registrar listed.

What's up with that?

•••
•••
Just realized I didn't receive any emails from NameCheap either.

•••
Listed something like 200 domains, received one email. However, all were instantly part of Afnic premium distribution. But no fast-transfer.

•••
Listed something like 200 domains, received one email. However, all were instantly part of Afnic premium distribution. But no fast-transfer.

Some registrars will send an email for each one separately, and then when you use any one you are able to approve all at once at the registrar.

Still have not received emails from NameCheap, Domain/com and Dotster.

The domains listed at Afternic from the above registrars seem to be in limbo for fast transfer.

•••
You need to set a BIN at Afternic to qualify for fast transfer. If you set a BIN when you submit the domain you usually receive the fast transfer notification immediately at Domain/Dotster etc..

Namecheap is not eligible for fast transfer.

•••
Some registrars will send an email for each one separately, and then when you use any one you are able to approve all at once at the registrar.

Still have not received emails from NameCheap, Domain/com and Dotster.

The domains listed at Afternic from the above registrars seem to be in limbo for fast transfer.

Actually, I stated wrong. Mixed up with FastHosts. I HAVE received emails regarding my Dotster names and Afnic premium. But for some reason they stopped coming some time ago... Really not sure what's going on @ Afnic because my experience has been for a long time that any name @ any registrar with BIN price is instantly part of Afnic premium distribution. At least, they show up on GD, NetSol, Register.com, Tucows etc.

•••
Actually, I stated wrong. Mixed up with FastHosts. I HAVE received emails regarding my Dotster names and Afnic premium. But for some reason they stopped coming some time ago... Really not sure what's going on @ Afnic because my experience has been for a long time that any name @ any registrar with BIN price is instantly part of Afnic premium distribution. At least, they show up on GD, NetSol, Register.com, Tucows etc.

For some reason, many of mine, from many different registrars, are still showing "No (Opt-in Required)" under the fast transfer column.

The weird thing is, even with domains from the same registrar, some will be set for fast transfer and some will not. :xf.confused:

And yes, they all have a BIN set and a minimum offer set.

Is it just me or is the Afternic system the worst one out there?

Even their interface is a pain in the a** to use!

•••
You need to set a BIN at Afternic to qualify for fast transfer. If you set a BIN when you submit the domain you usually receive the fast transfer notification immediately at Domain/Dotster etc.

I did set a BIN, and still no email sent.

Maybe because I used the upload a spreadsheet function, somehow the system messed up and some of the registrars were not notified.

•••
Most of the time I get the notification, but on some submissions it fails. However, it shows up after the 60-day lock period sometimes, not sure why. Other times I just contacted support and told them to add my list to fast transfer.

•••
However, it shows up after the 60-day lock period sometimes, not sure why.

That's weird!

Maybe their system checks the registration and will not allow a newly regged or transferred name on the fast transfer system until the 60 days are up.

•••
I thought that too. But many other fresh regs are added immediately.

•••
Has anybody else had trouble getting domains working for Afternic's fast transfer for - Domain/com or Dotster or NameCheap?

•••
Has anybody else had trouble getting domains working for Afternic's fast transfer for - Domain/com or Dotster or NameCheap?
I have sold just this month one using the fast transfer, I have checked my email at 2 o'clock, after one hour or so when I have rechecked my email, I had some emails from afternic with domain sold, paid and transferred to the buyer. They send the email to confirm that you want to allow the fast transfer, but not for all domains from the fist time, so the easiest way is to delete the listing and relist it one more time. Around 80% of my domain.com and family domains are registered for fast transfer.

•••
I have sold just this month one using the fast transfer, I have checked my email at 2 o'clock, after one hour or so when I have rechecked my email, I had some emails from afternic with domain sold, paid and transferred to the buyer. They send the email to confirm that you want to allow the fast transfer, but not for all domains from the fist time, so the easiest way is to delete the listing and relist it one more time. Around 80% of my domain.com and family domains are registered for fast transfer.

Are you saying that not all of your domains from Dotster or Domain/com were set for fast transfer when you first listed them?

•••
Are you saying that not all of your domains from Dotster or Domain/com were set for fast transfer when you first listed them?
Yes, first I was thinking that it's something from afternic...but I think that it' just the system. I have some names with alpnames and didn't received any messages from them for the fast transfer, I will have to ask customer service about that.

•••
Yes, first I was thinking that it's something from afternic...but I think that it' just the system. I have some names with alpnames and didn't received any messages from them for the fast transfer, I will have to ask customer service about that.

So, did your names still show at their partner sites anyway?

•••
So, did your names still show at their partner sites anyway?
Just the 80% of them for which I have received an email confirmation from dotster& co. I had a few for which I had to delete and resubmit them, and for the rest of 20% it's not that important.

•••
Just the 80% of them for which I have received an email confirmation from dotster& co. I had a few for which I had to delete and resubmit them, and for the rest of 20% it's not that important.

I did not receive an email from dotster& co. for any of the domains I listed, not even one, and they all now say No (Opt-in Required) under the fast transfer column.

•••
Just realized I didn't receive any emails from NameCheap either.
I just started using Afternic a few days ago.
All my domains are on Namecheap.
Afternic email stated they should email me soon.... Never got an email from NC.
(I'm having the same problem as you.)

Last edited:
•••
I just started using Afternic a few days ago.
All my domains are on Namecheap.
Afternic email stated they should email me soon.... Never got an email from NC.
(I'm having the same problem as you.)

I'm not sure if NameCheap is part of the fast transfer program.

My NC domains never received and email.

It is hard to tell who is part of the fast transfer program because they never update the page listing the partners when new ones come on or others leave.

•••
Don't forget to complete the required tax-form (W-8BEN if Non-US individual)...
As I know, they don't payout without it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back