IT.COM

Afternic Fast Transfer and Domain/com, Dotster

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Cdomains

Top Member
Impact
I've never listed a domain registered at Domain/com or Dotster on Afternic's premium network with fast transfer.

I usually receive an email asking me to accept the domains into the program.

I see that Domain/com and Dotster are listed as partners for fast transfer.

I have not yet received the emails asking me to accept these domains into the fast transfer program.

Has anyone else listed domains registered at these registrars on Afternic's fast transfer program.

Is there a way to accept the domains from inside your account at these registrars?

What is the deal with this?

@usernamex, @daica85, @alcy - you guys use these registrars.

Do you know how this works?

Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I did not receive an email from dotster& co. for any of the domains I listed, not even one, and they all now say No (Opt-in Required) under the fast transfer column.
If they are in the fast transfer system it should say yes. Try to delete a few of them and relist, to see if you will receive the email.

•••
I'm not sure if NameCheap is part of the fast transfer program.

My NC domains never received and email.

It is hard to tell who is part of the fast transfer program because they never update the page listing the partners when new ones come on or others leave.

You know, I think a lot of these marketplaces are having a hard time differentiating Namecheap from eNom, even though NC is now it's own registrar (as opposed to reseller.) Here's the email Afternic sent me:

Dear Terri Jones,

Congratulations on choosing the Afternic Premium Network for the promotion of your domain names. Your domains are registered with an eligible Premium Network registrar.

In order to get the domains live on the Premium Network: 1) we need to confirm your domain ownership and 2) you need to accept the Premium Network terms and conditions so that your domains are opted-in to the Premium Network. You will be contacted shortly through email to complete the opt-in process. Click on the link in that email to complete the process for the following domains:

centyen.com ecartbuilder.com

For questions or assistance, please contact our customer service department at
1-866-351-9586 (U.S.) or +1 781-839-7990 (Worldwide).

Sincerely,
The Afternic Team
www.Afternic.com
P: 866.351.9586 or 781.839.7990

Never got the followup email....

•••
Don't forget to complete the required tax-form (W-8BEN if Non-US individual)...
As I know, they don't payout without it.
Maybe just if something changed lately, they say that they will not pay, but usually they do without the form.

•••
You know, I think a lot of these marketplaces are having a hard time differentiating Namecheap from eNom, even though NC is now it's own registrar (as opposed to reseller.) Here's the email Afternic sent me:

Never got the followup email....

I get the same ones when listing names.

For some reason a lot of my names are not receiving emails and for some at the same registrar I get emails for some and not for others.

All have a bin set so that is not the problem.

•••
I'll give it another day or two and then contact support to see what's going on.

•••
afternic.com/domain-help

Fast-transfer domains must have a buy now price and be registered through Network Solutions, Tucows, Register.com, Name.com, eNom, eNomCentral, EuroDNS, Moniker, DynaDot, TerraNet, DomainDiscover, MeshDigital, Gransy, Regtons, 123 Reg, DomainBox, or BulkRegister.

Last edited:
•••
I don't see NameCheap among registrars which support FT...
And don't forget to disable Privacy on your NC-domains...

•••
Even if eNom is shown in WHOIS of your domains - it is not a reason to be FT-eligible...
Because NameCheap uses its own panel/platform.

•••
I've never listed a domain registered at Domain/com or Dotster on Afternic's premium network with fast transfer.

I usually receive an email asking me to accept the domains into the program.

I see that Domain/com and Dotster are listed as partners for fast transfer.

I have not yet received the emails asking me to accept these domains into the fast transfer program.

Has anyone else listed domains registered at these registrars on Afternic's fast transfer program.

Is there a way to accept the domains from inside your account at these registrars?

What is the deal with this?

@usernamex, @daica85, @alcy - you guys use these registrars.

Do you know how this works?

Thanks.
I haven't use this feature or Afternic yet so I can't say anything :)

•••
From my understanding, you should wait until the end of the 60-day lock. Not sure if they will email you again, so it's a good idea to delete and list again the domains at that time.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back