Dynadot

discuss What makes for a good brandable domain ? Showcase your brandables here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

oldtimer

SaveThyWorld.com Let's not leave anyone behindTop Member
Impact
With thousands of startups needing a name for their new company and many more existing businesses also branching out all the time and needing names for their new line of products and services it seems that brandable domains is one of the areas that could be very beneficial to domainers both old and new and deserves to be explored further.

Below are a few points of discussion to get this thread started, if I have left something important out please let me know so that it can be added to them. If you have any tips or advice about brandable domains please feel free to share them with the rest of us.

1-What is a brandable domain.

2-How many different types of brandable domains are there and is one type better than the others.

3-What makes a brandable domain stand out amongst thousands of others.

4-What is the optimum length for a brandable domain, how long can a brandable domain be and still qualify as being a good choice.

5-What types of brandable domains are most desired by startups and existing businesses.

6-What is the best way to find brandable domains.

7-What is the best way to sell brandable domains.

Attention Newbies: It's probably best to first hear what some of the more experienced domainers have to say about this subject before you consider getting any domains, and even then it's probably best to experiment with just a few domains at a time. You should be able to sell one domain and then use the proceeds from that sale to get more domains, if you cannot even sell one domain then you are doing something wrong and need to adjust your strategy. IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
......you do realise i was joking ( the smiley face was the clue )

Don't feel bad evirtual1, I was joking too. But it would be rather funny if the world's biggest ad agency was called PublicCon. :laugh:

---------- Post added at 06:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 AM ----------

By posting it here, someone has probably already snatched them. On the surface, they sound like cool names.

However, I would avoid them because "Public" and "Con" together has a negative meaning--BIG TIME.

Unless you plan to set up a watchdog type of site--re: public cons by government--I'm not sure how that could make money. These kinds of sites are wearing and attract the wackadoodles big time (I used to be an admin at Foetry, and all the wing nuts seemed to crawl out of their cracks, lol).

Also, admitting on a forum that you are thinking about merging the names of two existing companies might set you up for a bad faith UDRP.

Why buy trouble?

D-:

You are, of course, quite right on all points! :bingo:

•••
Zymphony is a great name. Switching out the S for the Z makes it a very new trend style name.

•••
Yeah they seem to have done well on Brand Bucket.

•••
A nice Z name sold this week Jennifer on Afternic Zymphony.com for $1,795.

Wow!

That's good news.

I have been acquiring good "Z" names, Zixio.com the latest. On a hunch, I regged zix.io to go with it, just to see if I can sell them as a pair to an .io start-up. I can't do that too often--those .io are expensive.

I have 25+ "Z's" on my site, with descriptions and prices--definitely end user prices.

I am going to expand brandables beyond "Z" and probably set up a site with real hosting.

:laugh:

•••
I like Zixio. Sounds good and visually appealing.

•••
bought;

A p p l a u s e d , com

would make a great reward or recognition brandable site... or even a nice app voting site.

•••

One of my new faves:

Zooray.com

Zooray!

•••
•••
"S" to "Z" Words

Zymphony is a great name. Switching out the S for the Z makes it a very new trend style name.

The good "S" to "Z" words are mostly all regged--I did a quick dictionary search, thinking that I might pick off a few goodies for my "Z" inventory, what with all those .99 coupons floating around.

I was really surprised, and I'm not talking about recent regs, either: most of them were 10+ years old.

I did find 2, though both in "the king" TLD:

Zestina (a Sestina is a 39-line poem, with a specific non-rhyming pattern. Zestina, a sestina with zest?)

Zequin (this turns out to be a real word, a variant spelling of "Sequin").​

I haven't posted them on my site yet, but I plan to soon.

•••
Showcasing some good 5 letter .com's i have for sale.
Here are some of them :

picne.com ( best for image uploading site startup )
buisy.com ( synonymous to busy, great potential )
ofwin.com ( of winning everything, smart domain )
spyho.com ( look there's a spy, stelth mode, steal info )
lungx.com ( great for medical related fields, lungs, asthma )
berip.com ( ripped movies, Rest In Peace etc.)
ipomi.com ( nice sounding brandable domain with 2 i)
ulaid.com ( love this domain, adult industry startup, get laid)
dapun.com ( you love puns right, site for pun )
vacnt.com ( vacant simplified, short version, short trip )
isamd.com ( huge company AMD, everything about it )
shonar.com

•••
Snagged rejuvie.com on the drop today. Wasn't able to grab banista, netbeer, swanjet, slimpup, hospoda, getnumb. I really wanted NetBeer. Brandables are hot on the drop D-:

•••
I have faceplorer.com for example.

•••
rejuvie is interesting, Was netbeer handregged or caught by NameJet or Snap ?

•••
Snagged rejuvie.com on the drop today. Wasn't able to grab banista, netbeer, swanjet, slimpup, hospoda, getnumb. I really wanted NetBeer. Brandables are hot on the drop D-:

when you guys are talking about "snapping up names on the drop" does that mean you wait until they are deleted from Namejet/Snap without having gone into auction (0 bids) and are available to register again for the "normal" reg fee?

•••
I have faceplorer.com for example.

I like these type of names.
I sold FaceBrowse a while back.

---------- Post added at 02:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 AM ----------

@Ms - i got one today, Zinzoo.com (two Z :D)

•••
i have also regd few names too,
Adiux, Adbuyz, Tarkor, Athecs and Xposal

Last edited:
•••
I am really surprised there was competition for those names. Rejuvie is good but I don't see the value in any of the others.

•••
•••
•••
I am really surprised there was competition for those names. Rejuvie is good but I don't see the value in any of the others.

Really? NetBeer? The usps is trying to legalize the shipping of beer wine and liquor through the mail. If i was in the business that would be a prime name for me! And Banista is a beautiful word plus it means "bather" in Spanish. Countless products and businesses could use that untrademarked brand name. It actually hurts to think i was so close to owning these for the price of a cheap godaddy code. There's gold in them there drops. It just has to be seen and appreciated. That is the challenge of brandables. ;)

•••
I stand corrected now I do like banista and hospoda but slimpup, swanjet, and getnumb I still don't like.

•••
I stand corrected now I do like banista and hospoda but slimpup, swanjet, and getnumb I still don't like.

I can't disagree with you now. Those last 3 were the weakest, and I'm better off saving the 1.99 discount codes for better. But, as an aside, If I had one discount code and I saw SlimPup and HookBox both expiring on the same day, it would be a tossup... Sometimes it's all what you do with it, I guess.

Have I made you a believer in NetBeer yet?

Last edited:
•••
I have the few brandable names like

Servize.com n Originali.com

•••
I have a couple of brandable names. My newest is:

B
U
X
S
Y

dot com

•••
adsoi dotcom

Ads On Internet

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back