NameSilo

discuss What makes for a good brandable domain ? Showcase your brandables here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

oldtimer

SaveThyWorld.com Let's not leave anyone behindTop Member
Impact
With thousands of startups needing a name for their new company and many more existing businesses also branching out all the time and needing names for their new line of products and services it seems that brandable domains is one of the areas that could be very beneficial to domainers both old and new and deserves to be explored further.

Below are a few points of discussion to get this thread started, if I have left something important out please let me know so that it can be added to them. If you have any tips or advice about brandable domains please feel free to share them with the rest of us.

1-What is a brandable domain.

2-How many different types of brandable domains are there and is one type better than the others.

3-What makes a brandable domain stand out amongst thousands of others.

4-What is the optimum length for a brandable domain, how long can a brandable domain be and still qualify as being a good choice.

5-What types of brandable domains are most desired by startups and existing businesses.

6-What is the best way to find brandable domains.

7-What is the best way to sell brandable domains.

Attention Newbies: It's probably best to first hear what some of the more experienced domainers have to say about this subject before you consider getting any domains, and even then it's probably best to experiment with just a few domains at a time. You should be able to sell one domain and then use the proceeds from that sale to get more domains, if you cannot even sell one domain then you are doing something wrong and need to adjust your strategy. IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I bought these domains in GD auction:

r e a l s h o r t . c o m (15 years old) domain dropped by Realnetworks Inc. I did send the CEO a message if he wants it back, but no response yet.

a p h e s i s . c o m (8 years old)

Both not accepted by brandbucket. Parked now at SEDO and put in in GD auction.

Maybe will send some more end user emails.

•••
Here are a few domains that I just registered and submitted to BrandBucket:

L, u, c, k, y, t, a [com]

L, u, c, k, i, t, a [com]

H, e, r, e, d, e, t [com]

P, l, a, y, a, x, a [com]

T, a, p, s, i, e [com]

P, a, l, s, i, e [com]

P, l, a, y, m, e, r, a [com]

G, u, e, s, s, i, e, [com]

Hope to make a few sales soon. :)

•••
I think "e" and "i" starting domains should be included on these brandable sites, and i wonder why they are not. I have sold a couple to some star-ups/new co's and they are clearly in the brandable category.

•••
What are your thoughts on the following (all .com)

Butify (beautify)
Ladole
Stota
Telpek
Uptastic

•••
What are your thoughts on the following (all .com)

Butify (beautify)
Ladole
Stota
Telpek
Uptastic

butt i fy ?

I do like uptastic

•••
I have Voxala.com and eeveo.com

•••
all .com

Ageful
Appgenic
Oaiso

•••
I like Voxala.com. You should try out BrandBucket its the type of name they like to put on their site. They would probably list it above $3,000

•••
Starting to see some names listed under $1000, icoip.com, and emailblitzer.com being the lowest. $595.

Last edited:
•••
WisconsinAsbestos.com

NAFMI.COM

NOMBIO.COM

andractim.net

asett.com

losct.com

pillp.com

preyr.com

sekze.com

seodns.org

snnn.net

tenns.net

vewes.com

vinuse.com

wiscee.com

bunble.com

clicsy.com

INTERESTED? PM

Last edited:
•••

I took a chance with an unpronounceable name, just because of the visual appeal and repeating letters.

ZZZNN.

I stuck it on Brands Z with two versions of the same logo (link in siggy).

I also have ZZZspot, which does make a lot of sense.

It would take a daring company to use the first name, but you never know...

•••
soted.com
weedling.com
boypro.com

•••

I took a chance with an unpronounceable name, just because of the visual appeal and repeating letters.

ZZZNN.

I also have ZZZspot, which does make a lot of sense.

It would take a daring company to use the first name, but you never know...

zzzSPOT COULD BE A SLEEP SPOT, IE, BEDS. MOTELS, ETC.

•••

ZZZNN.

I know you like your ZZZs Ms Domainer and just to let you know that BZZZR.COM that was sold on Brandbucket for Im guessing $XXXX is about to drop.

I know it does not begin with Z but still.

•••
Starting to see some names listed under $1000, icoip.com, and emailblitzer.com being the lowest. $595.

great post on hybriddomainer rayabout brand bucket

as a result i grabbed

r
o
b
o
l
y
c
o
m

•••

these are their own names (boxador)
the amount is almost the same as if they would get 30% commission for a mid/low x.xxx listed name

•••
Some good and bad brandable domains have been posted. Some people are posting domains and don't even know what the term brandable means, lol..

Here are a few of mine (All .COMs)...
BoiseConsultants
LouisianaChemicals
MarketingArizona

•••
Some people are posting domains and don't even know what the term brandable means, lol..

BoiseConsultants
LouisianaChemicals
MarketingArizona

But these names don't look brandable to me, they are generic..

Last edited:
•••
Some good and bad brandable domains have been posted. Some people are posting domains and don't even know what the term brandable means, lol..

BoiseConsultants
LouisianaChemicals
MarketingArizona

lol, no offence but seams like you should also learn what "brandable" means. The domains you posted are pure generic keyword names. Of course generic .com domains can be branded/brands too, but here we are talking about pure made up names and so called "keyword-brandable" type of domains which are a combinations of 2 real words but made up combinations of these words. For instance the word BrandBucket is a made up word. "Brand" and "Bucket" are dictionary words,generic terms, but once combined they create a keyword-brandable type of domain which is not a generic term / searched term anymore and which actually does not exist in reality.

Not saying your domains are bad or something, they are very good actually.
They just don't fit in this niche.

Last edited:
•••
What do you all think of the following (all .com)

Ageful
Appgenic
Oaiso
StartThat (StartNext dot com sold for 25k)
LendCircle

•••
Some nice brandables this week sold on Afternic

paylo.com $7,000 goband.com $6,500 vemory.com $5,500 avoco.com $5,000 yellowdolphin.com $4,899 technew.com $3,388 elinq.com $1,988 audioblast.com $1,950 vocify.com $1,750 devtree.com $1,650 whatt.com $1,650 flexride.com $1,600 CoGnea.com $1,595 keiron.com $1,500 anse.com $1,500 anai.com $1,277 GrooveHub.com $1,250 xperiential.com $1,227 dotlogo.com $1,200 reao.com $1,200 Zokee.com $1,195 NdOvo.com $1,195 tastybean.com $1,100 sweetsupply.com $1,000 $1,000 twil.com $1,000 brid.com $1,000 broc.com $1,000 mosq.com $1,000 brif.com $1,000 broz.com $1,000 $1,000 sodey.com $1,000

•••
I have these 2

Copee.com
ChatCo.com (Chat Co = Chat Company)

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

Some very nice sales here

Some might mean something and are not really true brandables, I havent really checked but nice sales anyway

Sorry if some were posted above

smake.com
$12,500

OCast.com
$15,000

Teea.com
$15,000

Pentius.com
$15,000

Fritzi.com
$16,000

Cromax.com
$17,500

Exma.com
$19,000

Quif.com
$20,000

Klique.com
$22,000

VOker.com
$30,000

ZooZoo.com
$44,000

TEMT.com
$45,000

Naveen.com
$50,000

meten.com
$2,000

azym.com
$2,241

defam.com
$3,000

nainc.com
$3,850

EVALID.com
$4,000

smarth.com
$4,088

goley.com
$4,088

leeo.com
20,000 USD

enip.com
$3500 USD

yoxu.com
2250 EUR

•••
Thank you Ray and Giles for posting these sales, this give us new hope. :)

I wonder if some of the bigger sales on this list have to do more with the quality of the name or just being lucky.

•••
Displaying Brandables

Here are a few brand-ables maybe,

MarijuanaShoppe.com%%-

Bank13.com

GreatBritainBank.com

•••
dawtCom, (cloud related):

CloudyOnline

:gl:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back