IT.COM

What is your strategy if you die?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
We live in strange times. What is the strategy for your domains if you die?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Oddly enough, @AlvinBrown interviewed @Rob Monster Monster on his latest KickstartCommerce-dot-com podcast, which I listened to earlier today. This topic came up (among a raft of others) and it turns out Epik-dot-com-slash-manage has a facility to help with this scenario. I haven't looked into it yet but will be doing so.

Just love the ideas people suggest for at the time of death. I was totally unaware people had dates and times in mind for the event.

•••
Immortals don't have this dilemma.

•••
•••
•••
Having undergone a major surgery recently, I do consider this a serious and important topic.

Getting ready for surgery among the least of my " what if " concerns was the future of my domain portfolio.

That is because my wife is fully informed and vested into the portfolio and could easily manage name renewals and potential name sales at fair market value.

Worked together for years with the domains so frankly that aspect of overall investments would just continue.

And too have a long term well documented contingency plans for the inevitable line of succession as necessary.

Preparedness in advance of " need " is always a good idea and we have basic and advanced plans for everything that matters to us, pets first and foremost.

Last edited:
•••
So epik has a service for this? Would they be able to manage all of my domains across the various registrars that are US and foreign based. Some foreign registrars have no English translation and some are really wonky in domain management dashboard.

•••
Renew and setup fast transfer and make sure funds go to the right place.

If I die in nuclear war I don't care. Trump won (you will see), so I care.

•••
I will let you know when I die :)

•••
I feel, the question has to be rephrased like this !

"What is your strategy When you die?"

because the question 'IF' is not an option. It is 'When'.
Time Matters! What do you think!

•••
I feel, the question has to be rephrased like this !

"What is your strategy When you die?"

because the question 'IF' is not an option. It is 'When'.
Time Matters! What do you think!
Immortality could potentially be achieved within the next few decades.

•••
•••
What is the strategy for your domains if you die?

I'm sure someone above has said it already, but my plan is not to die! LOL, I crack me up!

Having seen so many investors die and then watch their work slowly fade away as their names are dropped or 'held' by a scummy registrar, I have been training a relative to take over.

They have been told where the codes to all my accounts are hidden and I've prepared a series of emails to reach out to people here offering the domains in bulk (they are pre divided into equal value groups of approximately 100 names and also into tiers in the event a high roller wants to spring for the top 20 or so).

After the time limit has passed to get the domains sold in one bulk form or another, I've assigned individual pricing in the 'blowout' range they will put on the names. Any income accumulated will be divided among my heirs in percentages I have assigned (more than one person is assigned 1%...I want them to know I did not forget about them).

After 6 months of selling/waiting, the person may keep what is left or let them drop.

Last edited:
•••
All accounts lead to some couple of emails where you can set things up and that email leads to (one time pin) OTP on your handset. You need to share those credentials and ultimately before changing any passwords you get sms alerts (better to go for double authentication).
You also need to explain how to change the passwords if one forgets....
Explain these things to some of your family you trust, tell them little bit about the domains (it might take little sessions with someone you trust in your family).
You got to trust someone (at least) though....

•••
Domain Guardians’s used to have a Domain Legacy legacy service, I am not sure if that is still operating today Evergreen operated by @strong & @Jen Sale might be able to confirm.

•••
We live in strange times. What is the strategy for your domains if you die?
Leave instructions in your will for your executor to be able to login to your accounts and take possession - along with separate instructions on how to manage/sell/or liquidate them.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back