Dynadot

What is your strategy if you die?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
We live in strange times. What is the strategy for your domains if you die?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
upondeath com
domainestatebroker com
inhered.com To exist permanently and inseparably.

•••
I will be reborned before expired days.

•••
Just set up to SedoMLS and Afternic Fast Transfer. Just in case you die, you dont any take action. LOL
Please auto renewal active!

•••
I have advised (authorized) my brother on how to get access to all my accounts, crypto etc., fortunately he's also freelance web developer so getting him understand this will not be a difficult thing.

•••
I guess I'd switch to .cloud domains and specialize in death and immortality themed domain names.

Regards,

Reddstagg

P.s....Dead-Is-Forever

•••
Will launch extensions like .heaven and .hell and sell them there ...........

•••
Why do I care if I died?

My thoughts exactly... Actually, my family members would not be happy (or able) to deal with domaining stuff, as it is all Chinese for them. All registrars I use are doing pre-release expired sales, so they will earn some good $$$ I guess.

I think there was a registrar started by a few former fabulous.com empoloyees which was intended to answer this exact question. They planned to prepare wills, liquidate domains or something... just in case. Do not remember the name or is it still operational....

Last edited:
•••
I have advised (authorized) my brother on how to get access to all my accounts, crypto etc., fortunately he's also freelance web developer so getting him understand this will not be a difficult thing.
Now you need to teach him art of negotiation and how not to make the mistakes of every other novice so your names aren't auctioned off at $30 as sure he got passwords then what to do with it?

Last edited:
•••
I'm not so sure that 'strategy' is even the correct term to describe planning for one's death, unless of course you have a strategic plan to conquer Hades in the afterlife ;)

Last edited:
•••
We should prepare the worksheets for all the domains with registrar username, password, past highest offers and other important informations in spreadsheets and inform the family members.

•••
i have prepared the doc for all my domains with username, password, past highest offers (including lead details) in spreadsheets. (I have saved crypto holding details too in another sheet)

i can't explain in & out about domaining to my wife, so told about namepros.com. If I die, she may contact someone/admin in this forum to sell my domains, at least for reseller price. I have told to share the doc because it has the info.

I wish long life for everyone :xf.grin::xf.smile:(y)

Perfect plan!

•••
i have prepared the doc for all my domains with username, password, past highest offers (including lead details) in spreadsheets. (I have saved crypto holding details too in another sheet)

i can't explain in & out about domaining to my wife, so told about namepros.com. If I die, she may contact someone/admin in this forum to sell my domains, at least for reseller price. I have told to share the doc because it has the info.

I wish long life for everyone :xf.grin::xf.smile:(y)
Smart.

We wish long life to everyone too.

Yet this is pragmatic and responsible. Clever indeed!

Last edited:
•••
We should prepare the worksheets for all the domains with registrar username, password, past highest offers and other important informations in spreadsheets and inform the family members.
Roughly what @ramkumaritrvs just described, right?

•••
Last edited:
•••
I have also been thinking of this a lot lately. Ironically, the more secure your domains are, the more difficult it can be for your family to retrieve them.

Even if I write down a list of registrars and passwords, that it just the beginning. Then comes 2FA and security questions to answer at some of the registrars.

And sure, having names set up with Afternic fast transfer is a great solution. But if I die tomorrow, it will be a matter of days before my company bank account is deactivated. So the funds will get returned. Same with my credit card for renewals, so it is important always to renew the best ones several years in advance.

I am also trying to consolidate names at as few registrars as possible. It would be great to just use one registrar because it makes everything so much easier. But on the other hand it is scary if someone (although very unlikely) gains access to your account. Then your entire portfolio might be gone...

Letting your family know about NamePros is definitely a good idea. There are many great people here willing to help.

•••
•••
Always set Afternic fast Transfer so that the wife/husband/kid/whoever gets a surprise every few weeks lol

•••
Hopefully to go to heaven.

So Sorry. I thought you knew...

Domainers don't get indexed into heaven.
They get parked in purgatory to steal traffic from the devil's domain.

•••
Great idea! Next time a terrorist starts stabbing me in the chest I'm gonna pull out my phone, log into my GoDaddy account, and start transferring my domain names. Oh I almost forgot; and then call my girlfriend to tell her where to sell them.

Nice explanation....enjoyed :)
Also thought some filmy twists while reading like what if terrorist left without harming and later on GirlFriend now custodian of all domain and assets couldn't recognise ;)

•••
I have a 'In Case I Die' folder with instructions on maintaining domains/sites. I have also included a couple of online names that my family can approach safely for help in liquidating unwanted domains.

•••
I wrote an article about this back in March. While it's not designed to be a comprehensive guide, I think it's a good starting point.

You can read it here.

•••
Register your High valued Domains for longer period and list them for Sale. In case you meet your fate some of your Brandable Domains will make some decent profit for your family in the coming years...

•••
•••
Put your domains and passwords to manage the domains in your heritage before you die ...

Tell them that you own and parked some domains for sale ...

Change accountnumbers at your seller's dashboard or so can be a problem may be ...

Advice/solution welcome about this. Very interesting imo.

It's up to yourself wich strategy you have.

Maybe you can save some taxes in this way.

This depends on local tax regulations i think ...

Glta
this is where lastpass.com comes in handy. put the lastpass password in the will or with a trusted friend.

That said, I am downsizing my names and selling them off on namejet and investing in something thats getting a greater return. 5% currently per month.

Last edited:
•••
to take over hell

Mr Satan I'm reaching out with fantastic rebranding opportunity for Hell. Your website looks like Geocities, and your domain name is hell-website-visit.net. Coincidentally I'm the current owner of hell.media. Have you heard about nTLDs?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back