IT.COM

strategy Price request strategy ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Seb@stien

Established Member
Impact
Hi guys,

Sometimes I receive just any "price request" (Afternic, Undeveloped...).
I never answer it.

What is your strategy when you receive this type of request ?

Thanks for your opinion.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
you can always ask them to make an offer or give them a price range or give them a link to BIN price
or keep doing what you've been doing.

it's your call

imo...

•••
Hi guys,

Sometimes I receive just any "price request" (Afternic, Undeveloped...).
I never answer it.

What is your strategy when you receive this type of request ?

Thanks for your opinion.

A good first step is to check comparable sales history for your keywords so you have an idea of what your domain names may be worth. You can check out Namebio.com or DNpric.es for this.

Also, there are several domain name appraisal tools you can test out - estibot.com or freevaluator.com or GoDaddy appraisals.

Lastly, those Afternic Price Requests are actually offers made through their partner network. I would recommend calling Afternic support directly and asking them to check what the offer was for you. If you don't have a Buy Now or Floor price on your listings, you will have to do this each time.

Hope this helps!

•••
Just list a price you are happy with.

If you are in the business of selling domains and get a price request from a buyer? Why would you ignore it? These are lost sales.

Most of my Afternic sales originate from a "Price Request", where you list a Floor, Reserve and Minimum price.

Never ignore potential buyers

Good luck

Last edited:
•••
for me I test my domain first via out bound, if one of CEO reply with how much, usually I will give price about $3k to $15k! even the deal off with that CEO, I don't really care that much! because once CEO said, how much! it mean that domain have value! ,

but if my outbound test failed! I will give the domain name as low as $250 :xf.grin: or let it expired!, because if CEO don't have any interest with my domain, for sure! my domain suck so bad :xf.laugh: but if one of them reply with how much! its good indication, even the deal is off, and that CEO hoping $100 domain!

but if my domain never outbound, and often get offer, I will give the price , min offer mid XXXX=4k to low XX,xxx,
what if no one buy ? at least we know the price suck! :xf.laugh: but don't let that kind of domain expired!

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back