Dynadot

discuss What is your new gTLD balance so far?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

rubencouto

DN FrontTop Member
Impact
Hello!

I registered my first new gTLD back in January 2016. For the past two months, I have been dropping them "like flies"! :) Truth be told - all of them were hand registrations, and that says a lot about their quality...

So since the beginning of this year, I have dropped 215 new gTLD domains and it's not over yet! I think I've learned my lesson: do not invest in hand registered new gTLDs. Not that NP members hadn't warned about this. But you know, I had to try it for myself. The easier part of this lesson is that I only used promotions and, so far, my loss is around $280.

On the other hand, I got to sell a few new gTLDs, mainly through bulk sales here on NP and a few on Godaddy Auctions. In total, I sold 198 domains for around $680.

So, all in all it has not been a too harsh lesson. But, at least for now, I'm backing off of this niche, especially because of the renewals... :)

How about you? Have you made any profit from the new gTLD so far?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No! Super stubborn, I like newgTLDs way to much to stop buying them lol.

I mean come on ngTLDs started to boom in what a few years ago? Did you expect to have then selling like .coms in only a few years? I give it by 2020 ngTLD will start hitting the EndUser eyes. Specially the more Domainers keep hogging all of the good .coms

All I am saying is hold on to a few of the ngTLDs.

•••
No! Super stubborn, I like newgTLDs way to much to stop buying them lol.

I mean come on ngTLDs started to boom in what a few years ago? Did you expect to have then selling like .coms in only a few years? I give it by 2020 ngTLD will start hitting the EndUser eyes. Specially the more Domainers keep hogging all of the good .coms

All I am saying is hold on to a few of the ngTLDs.
As for me I would need much deeper pockets to be able to do that! :)

•••
why not give them away here and keep them off the dropcatch ?
would be greatly appreciated !

There is a fairly good crowd here interested in New "G"s
Wish you the best on the other best option
Happy Hunting

•••
why not give them away here and keep them off the dropcatch ?
would be greatly appreciated !

There is a fairly good crowd here interested in New "G"s
Wish you the best on the other best option
Happy Hunting
Well, I'm not giving them away right now (I've done it though: http://www.hdname.com/portfolio/free_domains.php?sort=GDSecurityCode&way=DESC). But at $1 each it's almost for free: https://www.namepros.com/threads/1-bin-new-gtlds-like-emergency-red-or-coupons-party.982141/ :xf.grin:

•••
A few hundreds of such domains for the last ~2.5 years...
No sales... and just a few lowball offers...

•••
Down about 2k USD on a handful of premiums.

•••
Back