Dynadot

showcase What is the oldest domain you own?

NameSilo
Watch

HotDomainSales

Established Member
Impact
The first domain name ever registered was Symbolics.com. It was registered 1985, to Symbolics Inc., a computer systems company in Cambridge, Mass.

I think it will be interesting to see who owns the oldest domain here on NamePros.

The oldest domain in my portfolio is:
  • PlasmaScreen.co.uk (1997) which is a whopping 18 years old (nearly as old as me!)
Post yours, let's see who owns the oldest domain on this forum :D

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The guys with 2L's probably own the oldest domains and i doubt they'll tell everyone.

Mine would be 4-5 years im guessing.

•••
•••
Elix.com 19 years old (Nov 1996)
NobleMetal.com 17 yrs
Recons.com 17 yrs
FinWorld.com 16 yrs
PlanetaryDefense.com 18 yrs
Courtyards.com 19.5 years (April 1996)
Revalue.com 18.5 yrs
LandPlot.com 18 yrs
generalinfo.com 19.5 yrs

I probably have hundreds 15+ olds. Probably some 20+ as well, just GD interface does not let search that way.

•••
•••
•••
I registered CasualComputing.com in 1998 and have owned it since. I might have a few older but I picked them up recently.

•••
I registered CasualComputing.com in 1998 and have owned it since. I might have a few older but I picked them up recently.

Props to you for hand-reg'ing it back in '98, to think of all the premium domains that would have been available back then :-o

•••
Assurer.com, Juventud.com and Juventude.com all 19 yrs and 4 days :)
BlackPrince.com 17 yrs
Braunschweig.com 17 yyrs

•••
•••
Props to you for hand-reg'ing it back in '98, to think of all the premium domains that would have been available back then :-o
I don't think I even looked at what was available at the time. Wasn't a domainer, just wanted that name. In fact, I bought it closer to 94-95 and accidentally let it drop in 98. Got it back but the registration date was reset. I got into domains around 04.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
My oldest has a hyphen unfortunately:
Net-Services (dawt) com
march of '96

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
VirginiaDrivingSchool/com 15YRS OLD other extensions are developed..

•••
I believe my oldest is now ATFY.com
1995 so 20 Years old.

•••
•••
I think I have sold my oldest ( 20 yo llll )...so maybe 2003 AVYD .com.
I also believe that domain age is a "thing of the past" so I do not pay much attention to it. :xf.smile:

•••
FunniestVideos.net - Jan 2000
Almost 16 years

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back