Dynadot

What is a schmuck domain?

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
I noticed a while back a category in Sedo for schmuck domains.

Crossed my mind that they might be jewel related:
"Of German origin, Schmuck means jewel or jewelry." Answers.com

Anybody know what they are and do you have any?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The Domain base for Sedo.de currently offers about 1,000 so-called Schmuck domains. These are domains with a hyphen between each letter.

H-O-P-E-T-H-A-T-H-E-L-P-S-Y-O-U.

•••
SO....are you a schmuck for buying one...or for selling one? :hehe: JK

thanks for the clarification...was wondering the same thing.

•••
Kerrijo said:
SO....are you a schmuck for buying one...or for selling one? :hehe: JK

Probably both! :hehe:

Thanks for the clarification! I learn something new everyday! Rep +, bluesman :)

•••
I would not believe sedo to be so crass, but I've been wrong in the past.

Perhaps the jewel translation of schmuck is a synonym to the word marque which would be a kind description of a dashed / hyphened domain name.

BTW, I'm a schmuck twice over. Both get good traffic. :)

•••
Name-Maker said:
I would not believe sedo to be so crass, but I've been wrong in the past.

Perhaps the jewel translation of schmuck is a synonym to the word marque which would be a kind description of a dashed / hyphened domain name.

BTW, I'm a schmuck twice over. Both get good traffic. :)

Are you the one selling g-o-d.info ? :D

•••
Kerrijo said:
Are you the one selling g-o-d.info ? :D

No, I would never take g*ds name in vein and use dashes. I have god.am.

•••
SchmuckDomain.com is still available for registration :)

•••
Schmuck is a Yiddish word.... ummm, google it.

•••
•••
~ Cyberian ~ said:
Schmuck is a Yiddish word.... ummm, google it.
binaryman said:
Just like schlemiel
Um, no, they're not quite the same thing ....

Last edited:
•••
Did'nt say they were the same thing. Said they are both Yiddish expressions :)

•••
lol, MOT's outing themselves?

•••
•••
This thread got me thinking. And that is not a good thing, with the lack of sleep I have had the last three days :tri: In this half-stupor, I aquired the following domain, for no particular reason, other than it was registered in other extentions too:

0-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9.com

Guess that makes me the ultimate schmuck :p

Edited 16/16/2006: The domain 0-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9.com now belongs to Kerrijo. May she get the biggest numbers out of it she can..lol

Last edited:
•••
UltimateSchmuck.com is also still available and in all extensions :)

•••
Nice name maximum, one of my personal favourite schmuck domains. I had never even heard of them before this thread though, so I might have to go out and see if I can find a decent one ;)

Edit: p-o-k-e-r is available in most extentions, if anyone is interested.

•••
maximum said:
This thread got me thinking. And that is not a good thing, with the lack of sleep I have had the last three days :tri: In this half-stupor, I aquired the following domain, for no particular reason, other than it was registered in other extentions too:

0-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9.com

Guess that makes me the ultimate schmuck :p
Mid - high $xx,xxx undeveloped! :tu:

:lol:

•••
binaryman said:
UltimateSchmuck.com is also still available and in all extensions :)
You didn't have to go tempt me, did you? :D

It's not available now :)
maximum said:
Guess that makes me the ultimate schmuck :laugh:
UltimateSchmuck.com - Guess this makes me the Official Ultimate Schmuck now :bah:

•••
My goodness! And he's not joking either..... :hehe:

•••
binaryman said:
My goodness! And he's not joking either..... :hehe:
No, I'm not joking about regging it; but, I was by doing so. I like a good sense of humor like most people do, and you created a reason for me to just be silly (something that in my job and every day life I do not get to do very often). Besides, maybe I'll find a good use for the domain at some point in the future if no one takes it off my hands. Maybe a site for folks to post about the "schmucks" we all see (hint: politicians), or the like.

Thanks for the idea, man :) Rep added for giving me a good laugh & making my morning a bit fun :laugh:
slider said:
Mid - high $xx,xxx undeveloped! :tu:
:lol:
Now, that is truelly funny :yell:
hairyfreak said:
Nice name maximum, one of my personal favourite schmuck domains. I had never even heard of them before this thread though, so I might have to go out and see if I can find a decent one ;)
Thanks, I find it rather schmucky (Cyberian will get on to me about that not being a word :lol: ) myself. I don't see them having any real $ value, other than a very few rare and short ones. But, maybe you can come-up with one for personal use that will stick-out in folks' heads once they see it.

Last edited:
•••
Just in case anybody else has the desire to register any schmuck domains, I make a quick list of some available ones here. If anybody else has any, please add them to the list
maximum, congratulations on your new title of Official Ultimate Schmuck, I think it really suits you ;)

•••
maximum said:
You didn't have to go tempt me, did you? :D

It's not available now :)

UltimateSchmuck.com - Guess this makes me the Official Ultimate Schmuck now :bah:
Maximum, you are a GEM... I can think of a few uses for this name and a few who would wear the jacket well.

Sorry, but you dont make this list.

As binary mentioned and randomo pointed out schlemiel and schmuck are not even close to the same thing. You my friend, will never be considered neither one nor the other.
(shlemil = dope, fool... as in... He's a real schlemiel - always screwing up!)

Common Yiddish Words

Last edited:
•••
Cyberian,

Ty. Coming from you, that is high praise. And thanks for the link. Several of those I have heard but never really knew what they meant (atleast not what they really meant).

•••
some available:

Being up here in Canadaland, I can't reg these schmucks since they're with the dot.us, but they are stellar keywords:
c-a-r.us
s-i-n.us
p-i-n.us

someone nab the car and sin; pin ain't so hot. C-a-r.us is useful as heck. also very easy to type in, as the letters all use the Left hand and the hyphens all use the right hand, and there's only 3 Letters and 2 hyphens. Ideal schmuck.
Send me some lovin' if you reg 'em, Yanks :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back