Dynadot

What is a schmuck domain?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I noticed a while back a category in Sedo for schmuck domains.

Crossed my mind that they might be jewel related:
"Of German origin, Schmuck means jewel or jewelry." Answers.com

Anybody know what they are and do you have any?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
maximum - nice smiley :)

schmuckaroo.com <<< still available as of post

schmuckalicious.com also available :)

say it 3 times fast..............now backwards lol

•••
These schmuck domains make me think of spam sites, or those phishing sites to obtain your credit card numbers/paypal accounts in an illegal way.

•••
I can verify the German heritage of the word as well, growing up in southern indiana... I lived right off of Schmuck Road. Road sign got stolen about every other year. :tu:

•••
I bet SchmucksR.us is still available.

•••
deadweight said:
I can verify the German heritage of the word as well, growing up in southern indiana... I lived right off of Schmuck Road. Road sign got stolen about every other year. :tu:
lol, how many do you have? Send me one plz...

•••
Was looking in Sedo's Schmuck category and while they have:
v-i-e.ws & s-h-o.ws in there, they also have:

xx6.com
ymf.net
crushed.info
and near.tv
Maybe whoever listed them put them in the wrong category.

•••
bluesman said:
The Domain base for Sedo.de currently offers about 1,000 so-called Schmuck domains. These are domains with a hyphen between each letter.

H-O-P-E-T-H-A-T-H-E-L-P-S-Y-O-U.
And here I thought it was a domain that contained the letters GW...

•••
maximum said:
This thread got me thinking. And that is not a good thing, with the lack of sleep I have had the last three days :tri: In this half-stupor, I aquired the following domain, for no particular reason, other than it was registered in other extentions too:

0-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9.com

Guess that makes me the ultimate schmuck :p

Edited 16/16/2006: The domain 0-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9.com now belongs to Kerrijo. May she get the biggest numbers out of it she can..lol

Hehee I am now Miss Schmuck or a schmuckette! :lol:

Thanks Max. :)

•••
That is one of those questions I always wanted to ask but was too afraid to. I figured all my names would be Schmuck domains. :)

what a relief. Thanks. Fun thread.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back