NameSilo

.Net Domains - What do you think of them ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello all,

I have regged 20 .COM in the last few weeks ...

Some with a XX low XXX potential value, two or three that could sell for more and the rest that won't sell for much...

Looking ... looking again .... and again and again .... no jewel !

But I see many .net that would really be my best names if they were .com ...

Of course, I know that the interest is not the same for .net ...

But do you have any good experience with .Net domains ?

Could you provide examples of some of you recent .net sales ??

How much would worth a name with the .net ext that worth 100 in .com ?

Thx for reading.

Grégoire.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Unless they are generally short, generic, one-word, and/or obviously and seemlessly matched with the ".NET" ... generally I avoid them for reselling (Wholesale) purposes, IMHO.
I've made a few bucks with them in the aftermarket, but never to a primo End user for any premium valuation(s). Can't really assign a valuation or percentage (%) of similar ".COM" measurement without the specific domain name(s), in my view ... it really depends.
All the best.
-Jeff B-)

•••
Generally, .net names seem to be worth ~ 4 to 10 times less than .com
Unless you can find a pretty cool & short domain.net, I would stick to .com for resale.
I have a couple of .net names, but I am planning to develop sites for them.

•••
I've personally never liked .nets. It's the only extension I have never made money with and I have dropped almost all of them I have (now have only 16 of them out of over 5,100 domains). I think people think of it as the extension that loses its traffic to the .com. Personally I would rather use info biz or us than net. You will leak some traffic to the com there too but at least the extension has some meaning of its own and being somethng different might help them catch the viewer's eye enough to realize its not a .com address.

•••
.net are usually worth around half the .com, they do sell alright, but little prospects for an end user

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back