NameSilo

What EXACTLY is SEO?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I know it's Search Engine Opt..., however how does it work? What exactly do those sites do when they claim themselves expert in SEO?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Basically those who say they are "experts" in SEO are people who know search engines inside and out and can (claim) to get you high rankings on popular search terms. I never realized the value of SEO until I owned a rap site a while back and was #1 on MSN for "rap" and "rap music" search terms, and my traffic skyrocketed.

•••
There are a few simple techniques that you can implement to help your website or pages rank better in the search engines. Most of these techniques are quite easy to implement and can literally be done by anyone. If you do a google search for SEO techniques I am sure you will be presented with a more than satisfactory list.

Good luck with your hunt. :)

•••
The Equivocate said:
Basically those who say they are "experts" in SEO are people who know search engines inside and out and can (claim) to get you high rankings on popular search terms. I never realized the value of SEO until I owned a rap site a while back and was #1 on MSN for "rap" and "rap music" search terms, and my traffic skyrocketed.

REALLY?!!
man! I have a site and at times it is disappointing that its not getting much results. Whenver I conduct a search on msn or google, I always thought there was no end to your search results, however now I know the reality. MY SITE ias all the way at the bottom and sometimes it doesn't even show up. :)

Any tips or who you used and how you payed?

jon said:
Good luck with your hunt. :)

gee thanks.. send me with the sharks to search for fish food. :)

btw, interesting site 'yesTHAT' :)

•••
Yes, please share. I need this service also. It helps increase your rankings

•••
Basically all I did was pick a keyword "rap music" and in all my forum signatures and at the bottom of all my other sites, made a link 'Rap Music' and linked it to my site. Then I joined DigitalPoint's Co-op and made my anchor text 'Rap Music' and before I knew it we were in the top 10.

•••
A form of online marketing, search engine optimization (or search engine marketing) is the process of making a site and its content highly relevant for both search engines and searchers. Successful search engine optimization helps a site gain top positioning for relevant words and phrases.

•••
SEO- Search Engine Optimization
influencing Search Engines how website is important enough to rank high on a certain keyword

Search engine optimization
You have a keyword phrase(s) that is related to the site you are submitting to the search engine.
In order to achieve a better high rank it should be undergo optimization, which means that you are modifying, the information you are submitting to search engines.
This will help to increase the quantity of the visitors entering the sites and the quality of the traffic in the site.

SE-Optimizer analyzes your Web files for search engine optimization specific to the latest search engine requirements.

Search engine optimizations term as a process, strategies, methods, and techniques to achieve a high rank in search engine lists.
The most relevant search terms are the phrases that people are most likely to type into a search engine when looking for what the website has to offer. These search terms is essential in ranking the site. Websites need optimization, which means that, you used to modify of up-to-date information in order to generate traffic of the site through the keyword phrase(s) that once specific term is type by the searcher, it will lead into lists of sites that belongs to higher rank.

In searching for information in Internet, you have to type the word or phrase(s) then, click the search button. From a database, search engine will help you by gathering and reporting information available in the Internet that is related to the specified terms you are looking for.
Then, choose from the list of what specific terms you are looking for.

hope this may help you have ideas regarding SEO

cheers :) :blink:

•••
webworksfirst said:
influencing Search Engines how website is important enough to rank high on a certain keyword

You have a keyword phrase(s) that is related to the site you are submitting to the search engine.
In order to achieve a better high rank it should be undergo optimization, which means that you are modifying, the information you are submitting to search engines.
This will help to increase the quantity of the visitors entering the sites and the quality of the traffic in the site.

SE-Optimizer analyzes your Web files for search engine optimization specific to the latest search engine requirements.

Search engine optimizations term as a process, strategies, methods, and techniques to achieve a high rank in search engine lists.
The most relevant search terms are the phrases that people are most likely to type into a search engine when looking for what the website has to offer. These search terms is essential in ranking the site. Websites need optimization, which means that, you used to modify of up-to-date information in order to generate traffic of the site through the keyword phrase(s) that once specific term is type by the searcher, it will lead into lists of sites that belongs to higher rank.

In searching for information in Internet, you have to type the word or phrase(s) then, click the search button. From a database, search engine will help you by gathering and reporting information available in the Internet that is related to the specified terms you are looking for.

hmm.. very interesting. :) Now, whats the cheapest way to get results? :)

•••
There are actually many ways to do it for free too. Like, exchanging links with other websites and submitting to google and other search engines. There are also other ways like Adwords which is google's advertising program. It displays ads in the sponsored areas of your search. For example, if I search for party supplies on google and on the right side you see a like to birthdayexpress.com.

http://www.mynexthost.com/sales_info/sales_info.html

•••
seo is completely free, matter of fact you can't get many search engines to accpet money for better ranking.

seo is simply making your website relevant to common traffic keywords. Only reason pros charge so much is it takes alot of time and usually about 6 months to see any results.

•••
•••
rufryder said:
hmm.. very interesting. :) Now, whats the cheapest way to get results? :)

What's your URL & what keywords do you want to rank #1 for?

It can be expensive to get a SEO expert but depending on your keywords it might be easy to get a decent ranking yourself...

•••
photoshopfreak said:
What's your URL & what keywords do you want to rank #1 for?

It can be expensive to get a SEO expert but depending on your keywords it might be easy to get a decent ranking yourself...

Currently, it's only www.hostMyparty.com
keywords would be: Birthday Party Supplies or party supplies or whatever gets me on top or ATLEAST up there. :)

•••
Fisrt off I would suggest changing your header. only keywords, something like "party supply | birthday party supply | party supply store"

Next your in the wrong mindset, don't you want the keywords that get you the most sales? or would you rather be on the very top of a low traffic keyword?

I'll pm you some more pointers later today if I can remeber..

good luck,
-Ryan

•••
The Equivocate said:
Basically all I did was pick a keyword "rap music" and in all my forum signatures and at the bottom of all my other sites, made a link 'Rap Music' and linked it to my site. Then I joined DigitalPoint's Co-op and made my anchor text 'Rap Music' and before I knew it we were in the top 10.

Could anyone please just explain how this works to someone who is very thick :lol:

Many thanks

•••
Concentrate on keyphrases instead of just keywords.
:)

•••
now this makes sense...thanx for the info..i think ill follow this protocol to get higher pr ranking ....

thanx a ton for info~

•••
admans said:
now this makes sense...thanx for the info..i think ill follow this protocol to get higher pr ranking ....

thanx a ton for info~

pr ranking means nothing. Just try to get high in SERPs, that's what it's all about whem making som real sales :)

•••
Correct,
PR means nothing. It is simply another tool developed by google to help it determine a websites ranking.

Optimize your content, enriching it with relevant keywords. There are also MANY other things you can do, but id rather not share my secrets...

A Few Pointers:

Stay away from link farms, link dumps, ect... there are many names for these, but they WILL hurt you and get you banned from major search engines like google.

•••
SEO is the art of making search engines rank a page higher than it would normally be :hehe: ...

•••
webworksfirst said:

Thanks for the info! :wave:

tomppa said:
pr ranking means nothing. Just try to get high in SERPs, that's what it's all about whem making som real sales :)

Err what is SERP ?

•••
SERP means "Search Engine Results Page"

•••
thanks! i had been wondering it for a long time!

•••
Search Engine Optimization is a combination of techniques that enable your website to rank high in the search engine result pages for targeted keywords. It is a process of configuring a website to be more visible to its target audience.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back