Dynadot

discuss What do you say to a buyer after the deal is complete?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Haris

Best Domainer Of The End-TimesTop Member
Impact
Hi guys,

I know some domainers who are also web developers offer their services while some domainers try to sell other domains. I just thank them and tell them that if they have any questions they should feel free to ask.

What do you say to a buyer after the deal is successfully complete?

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thank you for the deal, and I hope the name will help you to build your business.
If either you or your friends needs any domain names in the future, I would be pleased to sell one of the names in my portfolio, which I am updating constantly.

I'm considering maintaining an opt-in mailing list, and inviting them to join that.

•••
Thank you for the deal, and I hope the name will help you to build your business.
If either you or your friends needs any domain names in the future, I would be pleased to sell one of the names in my portfolio, which I am updating constantly.

I'm considering maintaining an opt-in mailing list, and inviting them to join that.

Very nice wording. Thanks!

•••
"Thank you for the smooth deal. You got a great domain name for the reasonable price"

I think the buyer should be satisfied after the deal completed. He should not feel cheated and think that he overpaid (even if it's true).

•••
"Thank you for the smooth deal. You got a great domain name for the reasonable price"

I think the buyer should be satisfied after the deal completed. He should not feel cheated and think that he overpaid (even if it's true).

Yeah but saying "You got a great domain name for the reasonable price" will make them go, "reasonable price, yeah right". lol

•••
Thank them for their business and send them the list of similar names you registered and never mentioned previously.

•••
•••
If the vibe is all good go ahead and ask for a testimonial or a referral if another broker.

•••
•••
Thanks for buying my crap domain. I hope I find more stupid buyers like you:xf.grin::xf.grin::-P:-P

•••
Thanks for buying my crap domain. I hope I find more stupid buyers like you:xf.grin::xf.grin::-P:-P

Hahahah that's why I think when I sell some of my domains but will never say that to a buyer!

•••
Thanks for your purchase. I just blogged about how you paid high x,xxx for a domain I hand registered for $2 about 11 days ago.

•••
Thanks for the 50,000% profit. :)

Seriously though, keep it simple. I put this.

If there is anything else I can do for you please let me know.

Thank you,
Your name here
Your website name here

•••
"Thank you for such a smooth transaction and I wish you best! If in the future you begin looking for other domains similar to "xyz.com" let me know."

Always thank them for the business. The second sentence is leaving the door open for future business also. Don't just say thanks for the money and peace. Always keep an open line of communication.

•••
I have a standard felicitation I give them that always gets me a hearty, friendly rejoinder.

•••
Something like this: "Thank you for your timely offer for that domain name, and to think that I was going to let it drop".

Seriously, something like this is enough: "Thank you for your business, best of luck with the domain". Possibly: "Let us know if you need assistance with development", in case web development is your thing, or SEO, or Internet marketing, then you take the relationship further.

Since Xmas is approaching, you could send them a postcard if you're in the mood...

Of course, I value customers and custom retention is important. However, when it comes to domain names, it normally is a one-off purchase, not many end users are going to be repeat customers.

•••
Unless you are selling hosting or development or dealing with a reseller type, you never hear from these people again. You are just the 'guy' that had that very one-time thing they wanted. So I just slip a "Thanks for the purchase" into a normal email sometime after agreeing to terms (to get in in early). Then generally repeat it again at some email which feels definitely as going to be the last time you are going to talk to them again.

•••
Hi guys,

I know some domainers who are also web developers offer their services while some domainers try to sell other domains. I just thank them and tell them that if they have any questions they should feel free to ask.

What do you say to a buyer after the deal is successfully complete?

Thanks

Thank you.

•••
Something like this: "Thank you for your timely offer for that domain name, and to think that I was going to let it drop".

This just happened 2 days ago, I emailed the potential buyers 2 weeks before domain expiry, I was going to drop the domain if they would not be interested, they never replied and then I followed up a week before expiry, and closed the deal the day the domain expired :xf.smile:

•••
This just happened 2 days ago, I emailed the potential buyers 2 weeks before domain expiry, I was going to drop the domain if they would not be interested, they never replied and then I followed up a week before expiry, and closed the deal the day the domain expired :xf.smile:

I actually started the thread just to get an idea about what I should say to them, I feel awkward directly telling them to check my portfolio.. got some great tips here.

Thanks guys.

•••
”Thank you very much and the best of luck with your great domain”

Or something similar...

•••
I wish them best of luck with that domain

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back