IT.COM

discuss How to deal with a domainer who doesn't pay for auction he won?

NameSilo
Watch

iziksan

Top Member
Impact
hello,

i "sold" my domain in flippa after i reduce the BIN for a buyer that promise to pay in two days after
he push the BIN button if remove from BIN the "instent payment via paypal" option.
we make this deal, i reduce the BIN he push the BIN button.
the auction end 9 days ago and he didnt pay yet and don't answer my messages.
i know that some of you will say, " why do you trust some one you don't know" and more questions
like that. i will tell you why, first of all i check before i agree do this deal his flippa feedback and his namepros
profile , feedbacks , likes ( and he old member here). secondly, as a domainers we trust each other here in namepros all the time,
is it not so ??
i want you to help me with your experience what can i do in this case?
regards,
izik.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This is an unfortunate situation, but could have easily been avoided if @basel just communicated properly right? Why not just tell @iziksan what the hell is going on with you...good or bad...that is the way you do business. You dont just keep quiet man...it pisses people off including me, what else was @iziksan supposed to think after you make promises and keep quiet for days without making payment???

<rant off>

•••
just communicated properly right? Why not just tell @iziksan what the hell is going on with you...good or bad...that is the way you do business.

You are right. if he just send me a message i will know that he is not a "ghost"....
And i be waiting more few days if he just ask me to. @basel i send you a message again. please answer me.

•••
Now days, a person can come here, post in welcome thread, get likes, make a few posts and in a week are an established member.
"Established Member" means that our automated systems have determined that the member is most likely not a spam robot. It does not mean anything else. To learn more about that, Click Here.

It's a lot more complicated than you described to go from "New Member" to "Established Member", but if you post a detailed welcome thread about yourself, there's a good chance you're not a spam bot. ;)

•••
I didn't have any negative experience with Flippa yet...knock...knock. But I would contact the support and tell them the situation if I have a similar case as you.

Last edited:
•••
Flippa is crap, they cannot do anything but can threaten sellers if you post on forums about their bad service.

I have had two instances where buyer I accepted their offers and end result is nothing.

•••
Facing the same problem here, for auctions, buyers Jayseen, Jay-EBN have not bothered to pay after winning the auction, though Jayseen has got good feedback. It appears that certain sellers are being targetted

•••
Communication matters a lot, you shouod have let him know the sittuation of things before all the hullaballoo. Business is business and not a joke. It was like you were trying to play him and put him on high expectations. You know money is vital and when you are having expectations of getting a certain money, you beggining to plan for another expenditure.

•••
@elevator if you read all the post i wrote in this thread you will see that i try to communicate him more then a week and give him last "warning before i publish his name...

•••
There is always Bitcoin if there are problems with bank transfers.

•••
@elevator if you read all the post i wrote in this thread you will see that i try to communicate him more then a week and give him last "warning before i publish his name...

I 'm on your side and don't have any blame for you on any way, but for only trusting him. Though, at some point there is the need to trust soneone.Why not put the name on escrow and.collect your money on instalment if he is still having interest on the name been a namepros member with all the background here.

•••
secondly, as a domainers we trust each other here in namepros all the time,
is it not so ??

No, sorry, we don't trust everyone here. Some people i do trust, very small number. Most I don't

Now days, a person can come here, post in welcome thread, get likes, make a few posts and in a week are

an established member. This business is full of scammers, liars, shill bidders, and greedy people.

Flippa sucks, seems there is always a horror story on here about them. No selfies here

@FlippaDomains should be able to help you out.

Unfortunately is true.

•••
Facing the same problem here, for auctions, buyers Jayseen, Jay-EBN have not bothered to pay after winning the auction, though Jayseen has got good feedback. It appears that certain sellers are being targetted
Jayseen is new, like from the summer. I was in PM chat with them once regarding some brandables and they offered one price... then when I tried to accept, they raised the price. Ik under NP rules that's not right, but I decided to just let it go because noobs should be forgiven.

but it looks like they kept it up lol.

•••
Other members should be aware that Jayseen is not a person to be trusted for selling domain names, refusing to reply, though he or she appears to have got positive feedback, mainly from her friends . Is there any way people should be told of the lack of honesty of Jayseen

•••
There's a process if someone doesn't pay you on flippa or if the sale doesn't go as it should. You can dispute the sale and explain your case. If the buyer doesn't respond after 3 days or you win the dispute for whatever other reason, your listing will be automatically relisted.

I've had 7 or so cases where I have disputed and won because of failure of payment. This is all too common but just a part of doing business on the internet. I normally don't really care that much when someone doesn't pay as long as it can be relisted while not paying anything extra and I eventually get my monies worth.

I wish as well people would respond and be up front and honest right from the get go instead of being called out later, but it's not a perfect world and people have their own reasons. :)

•••
I have auctions, winning bidders failed to pay. Reported it and move on to the next.
Same thing goes with parking domains, offer made and accepted, but buyer did not complete the transaction. Reported it and move on.

Sadly to say, this is part of our growing industry.

•••
I have auctions, winning bidders failed to pay. Reported it and move on to the next.
Same thing goes with parking domains, offer made and accepted, but buyer did not complete the transaction. Reported it and move on.

Sadly to say, this is part of our growing industry.

Tbh if someone won my auction on NP and didn't pay, I would feel not bad at all.

What hurts the most is when you transfer a domain and they DONT pay (happened to me on NP). Or the chargeback. It's almost like a blessing if they win your auction, but no one loses anything -- it's not a big deal at all. I mean you can always go with the last bidder before them... I really wouldn't feel a thing.

•••
forget and learn so that you don't do again

•••
I don't think you should bother yourself. Domainers usually do that and it's kind of acceptable.

•••
Yes, that's true it is really sad.

•••
I don't think you should bother yourself. Domainers usually do that and it's kind of acceptable.
maybe domainers like you. But your new.. Same as the other newbie posts like above. I smell an established member/members/ duplicate accounts. So ya maybe you find it acceptable, maybe cause you do it yourself.
Anyone else notice these new accounts, there is like 6 going around posting little shit messages to build up their count.See the three above that post a lot in same thread
My belief is were adults, most anyways. You wanna play, you pay.
Who wants to do business where its acceptable to make a deal and not pay?
I notice way less shill bidding going on lately, we know who to thank for that.

What happened is acceptable Ali, its all part of the game, keep playing :banghead:

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back