IT.COM

Do you pay extra if domainer is a celebrity

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NameLlama

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
"I know guys who have overpaid buying from big domainers and felt honored, they were thrilled to buy a domain off a big guy. Then I look at the metrics, the name and say you overpaid and they were like maybe but I still did a deal with so and so and that's really cool.

I can tell you I have done tests and moved names to someone else who was bigger just for the test and they got offers and people willing to pay up when in the past I had offered the name to them for $100. Its crazy but anyone who believes that there is no one paying up for Domainer "celebrity" is naive or does not sell a lot of domains.
""
https://www.namepros.com/threads/so-who-has-a-solution-to-andrew-reberry.788139/#post-4469319

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm sure it happens. Personally I wouldn't. Some big names have some outright crap hidden in their portfolio just like anyone else.

Make your own valuation and make sure you're comfortable with the price you're buying it for.

•••
Most popular domainers make sales because -

1.) They have good domains.
and/or
2.) They own lots of domains.

It is often just a numbers game. If you own thousands of domains you can make high sales if you are willing to turnover a low enough % of your portfolio each year.

Brad

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back