Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 1, 2026.

discuss What do you call yourself?

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
NamecheapNamecheap
Watch

Haris

Best Domainer Of The End-TimesTop Member
Impact
7,727
Hi guys

Received a $50 offer on my domain, I get them all the time and ask the offerer either to increase the price or if they ask for it, I sometimes I give the asking price. I replied with a $2500 asking price, He then increased his offer to $50.01 :D

I tried to explain to him the value of domains and he came back with a huge rant which included this nice idea I liked..

Him: There are so many of you squatters around now, and whether you call yourselves brokers or hotshots or whatever else, you're all ultimately just small-time crooks

Me: We actually call ourselves domain investors but hotshot is cool, I will call myself a hotshot from now on ;)

Hotshots.. does anyone here calls himself a hotshot? I think it's a cool persona. Hotshot Domainer or Domaining Hotshot.

hotshot
an important or exceptionally able person

So now ladies and gentlemen, I, The best domainer of the end-times, am going to call myself a Hotshot Domainer. Deal with it.

What do you guys call yourself by the way?

Thanks

P.S: And oh yeah, you know what he said after my email,
You sound like exactly the kind of guy who should call himself a hotshot

:xf.cool:
 
Last edited:
13
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
hotshot is really a cool name though. why not 'domaining hotshot'.:xf.cool:
 
2
•••
While this thread has produced some really clever and funny answers that I have appreciated, it also got me to thinking in a more serious way that what we call ourselves does matter (at least a little).

I guess, the few times I call the domain me anything it is 'domain investor' but upon reflection I think I will change. That seems to put the emphasis on ME, i.e. making money from selling domain names. I think I will try to come up with something that emphasizes the service that I would like to offer, in making available some domain names that will help you/your business/your organization.

Maybe something like "Domain name service agent" (although seems long) or the possibly more clever "We Name to Serve". Ideas?

Bob
 
3
•••
maybe Domain Specialist

Cheers
Corey
 
4
•••
5
•••
I'm new to domain investing, i guess being called a hotshot from the beginning aint bad, lol. Whatya think?
 
4
•••
Virtual Real Estate Investor.
 
3
•••
I call myself an idiot for selling too cheaply ;)
 
6
•••
-Obsessed Investor-
 
4
•••
Appraise.net

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back