Dynadot

End user wants me to call

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Domain Monk

Mindful DomainingTop Member
Impact
I'm not from the USA , but some end users want me to call. I am not good at talking or confident on call and there will be a difference in understanding their accent. Do you call them on request? how would you go about it?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You might be best forwarding it to a broker to close for you.

•••
It's mid xxx deal....U mean domain name sales broker....

•••
What is there that cannot be done by email?

•••
yes, but the want me to call them

•••
i personally wouldnt call an end user for a mid xxx sale but thats just me, i hate phone calls and would always try and close a deal via email

•••
i personally wouldnt call an end user for a mid xxx sale but thats just me, i hate phone calls and would always try and close a deal via email
how would you reply him in an email stating call me @ **&&*&

•••
Have a price in mind you can live with, and just call them. As it's only an $xxx sale, they'll either buy it or not. But I highly doubt 'being in a different country', for a lower priced domain, will be the breaking point for them. They probably just want to be sure that there's a real 'someone' selling the domain, and not just an email phishing thing.

•••
Broken English might make it look a bit like scam, but I still recommend calling them and letting them know that you'll deal through an escrow service so it will be 100% safe for them.

If international calls are expensive you can use Skype credits for the call too.

Last edited:
•••
how would you reply him in an email stating call me @ **&&*&

That is easy :)
You can write something like this:
" Sorry but I can not call you or take call from you, I am serious domainer and I have little firm so I need everything on the paper, all sales which I made i need a proof for my books becouse I need to pay tax. I hope you will understand. However this is much better for both sides. Everybody is secure and have some writing proofs for the future. "

•••
" Sorry but I can not call you or take call from you, I am serious domainer and I have little firm so I need everything on the paper, all sales which I made i need a proof for my books becouse I need to pay tax. I hope you will understand. However this is much better for both sides. Everybody is secure and have some writing proofs for the future. "

Nice one..but will this make him more suspicious on the legitimate of the deal .

•••
Give him your number and get him to call you, it wouldnt be worth the cost of the call for a mid xxx deal. Especially once fees etc have been deducted

•••
Have you given the end user a price yet? I would add 20% to your asking price and list the domain with Afternic or Uniregistry. They have professional domain brokers that will field the calls and negotiate prices for you (for a commission.)

•••
Nice one..but will this make him more suspicious on the legitimate of the deal .

Add "I deal through Escrow payment services/payoneer/escrow.com so it's 100% safe and secure for both buyer and seller." to the paragraph posted by @DexDN

•••

Nope, here you don't have anything suspicious and if he is a real buyer he will understand. If he is a scammer he will not replay :)

•••
I'm not from the USA , but some end users want me to call. I am not good at talking or confident on call and there will be a difference in understanding their accent. Do you call them on request? how would you go about it?
Just be honest and tell them the same thing you just told us.

•••
maybe I will find someone in the forum . to call representing me for a small commision.

•••
•••

Do NOT do this. In fact, never use the words "serious domainer" ever in your life anywhere.

•••
let them call you in your language

•••
Just be honest and tell them the same thing you just told us.

I concur with this...

Take away the semantics and the bottom line is that you have an asset that they might be interested in acquiring. Explain to them that you are more than happy to call them but ask them to please keep in mind that English is not your native language.

My guess is that they simply want to make sure they are dealing with a legitimate person and it's not any sorta shady deal. Also, mention to them that all sales will be done via Escrow.

It all boils down to effort/energy vs return... Only you know what your current circumstances are and if $xxx is worth the time and effort for you to call this person... if it's money you really need then take the plunge dude, pick up the phone and call them...... worst case, it goes horribly wrong and you mess up the call.. no train smash..each call you make the more confident and easier it will become....nothing to be scared off... :)

•••
http://www.iamili.com/

Instant translation
ili is a wearable translator that instantly translates your words. The device can be used anywhere, anytime without being connected to the Internet. Its intuitive user interface allows you to use the device as if you’re directly communicating with the other person.

•••
Hmmm,

I tell you what... IF this is money your urgently need and you are worried about messing up the call up and losing the sale...then PM me your Skype name, I will add you to Skype and you can do a test call with me if you like.

•••
Reply them on following lines
I would prefer to close the deal with escrow service of your choice, few sentences of price of domain and blah blah and than at the end go for the line " If you still feel a phone call is necessary, here's my number and this is the proper time for you to call me" I think that shall do.

•••
Bear in mind the potential buyers like to try and buy at a cheaper price more commonly known as haggling etc some people enjoy the buyer seller negotiation some don't and prefer at their pre determined fixed price but you should add escrow fees etc on top of the price you are prepared to accept for your domain and possibly a bit of price negation room in case buyer wants to buy domain a bit cheaper etc

Don't leave yourself short or out of pocket etc

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back