IT.COM

End user wants me to call

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Domain Monk

Mindful DomainingTop Member
Impact
I'm not from the USA , but some end users want me to call. I am not good at talking or confident on call and there will be a difference in understanding their accent. Do you call them on request? how would you go about it?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you are not comfortable calling, dont call.

Do what you can do best. Thats where your chances are.

•••
I think that the person who wants the conversation should make the call and not demand the other person to make it. IMHO.

•••
I won't call it...why can't we do on emails? Sounds suspicious to me.....i won't sell to him regardless the prices.....

Last edited:
•••
Find a broker on namepros residing in the place where the end user is ...a personal talk will always make end user comfortable

Not all are good at internet sales

People are always flodded with offers and spam

Call , speak and close the deal

•••
Some people are a little more old school and they just want that reassurance that comes from saying hey on the phone. My advice is to not worry about accents, do your best to understand them, and if the phone conversation gets hard to understand, or if you're uncomfortable negotiating in real-time in the phone (Should it come to that), I would just tell them it was nice speaking to them but you'll need to proceed via email.

I think just being upfront like, "hey, sure, we can have a call but we may have a tough time understanding each other", I don't see any harm in that.

It's also good to get a little experience doing things that make you uncomfortable, this way the next call for a much more valuable domain will be easier :)

•••
I Need to make few calls now,Any one who can help me for a commission ..pm.me

•••
List it on Afternic then give the end-user their sales-team's number (+1 781-314-9607 or 844-886-1722), they will sell the domain for you and deal with the buyer professionally. You can pre-set your floor price in the platform.

•••
I would give them a call shows confidence and you can get a feel for where there head is at at the same time. Easier to read voice tones then an email.

•••
Some people are a little more old school and they just want that reassurance that comes from saying hey on the phone. My advice is to not worry about accents, do your best to understand them, and if the phone conversation gets hard to understand, or if you're uncomfortable negotiating in real-time in the phone (Should it come to that), I would just tell them it was nice speaking to them but you'll need to proceed via email.

I think just being upfront like, "hey, sure, we can have a call but we may have a tough time understanding each other", I don't see any harm in that.

It's also good to get a little experience doing things that make you uncomfortable, this way the next call for a much more valuable domain will be easier :)
If communication accent is a major problem, try to stay with him/her for a week and learn each others culture.....that will work....

•••
I still prefer the straight forward no bull way

Anyone in sales (including domaining) needs to realize they are selling a product. If you don't work it you will lose sales. Companies spend millions to get potential clients to come into stores. Now what we will do is we will just ignore them when they come in right?

I say work it, from every angle. If someone wants to skype, I will skype. Want to call me go ahead, or I will call you.

At the end of the day the hustler who answers email, calls, letters... whatever it may be will end up being the top salesman. Want to bet?? I was top salesman as long as I was selling Mercedes-Benz cars. I sold everyone under the table.... imagine if I did not return a call, I would lose a huge commission.

Domaining is no different, I am selling a product, damn sure I am going to make contact any way the potential client wants.
I wish I could give you more than a like for this.

•••
If any interested to do this for brokerage fee pm me

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back