IT.COM

discuss What do you call yourself?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Haris

Best Domainer Of The End-TimesTop Member
Impact
Hi guys

Received a $50 offer on my domain, I get them all the time and ask the offerer either to increase the price or if they ask for it, I sometimes I give the asking price. I replied with a $2500 asking price, He then increased his offer to $50.01 :D

I tried to explain to him the value of domains and he came back with a huge rant which included this nice idea I liked..

Him: There are so many of you squatters around now, and whether you call yourselves brokers or hotshots or whatever else, you're all ultimately just small-time crooks

Me: We actually call ourselves domain investors but hotshot is cool, I will call myself a hotshot from now on ;)

Hotshots.. does anyone here calls himself a hotshot? I think it's a cool persona. Hotshot Domainer or Domaining Hotshot.

hotshot
an important or exceptionally able person

So now ladies and gentlemen, I, The best domainer of the end-times, am going to call myself a Hotshot Domainer. Deal with it.

What do you guys call yourself by the way?

Thanks

P.S: And oh yeah, you know what he said after my email,
You sound like exactly the kind of guy who should call himself a hotshot

:xf.cool:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nothing yet. But maybe down the line. I had this one young recently started practicing lawyer with the shittiest online presence, who really wanted this Geo domain I owned, and the price I quoted ($1000) which was very reasonable, but he wanted to buy it for way below (under $200). Well, he didn't call me anything bizarre, but merely said 'my practice will continue either way'. I laughed and moved on. Yes, it will but up to what extent tho?

•••
What was the extension of this domain?

•••
What was the extension of this domain?

it's my only .one domain but it's incredible, for a few reasons, and i know i can sell it for $2500.. but this thread is not about it

•••
am going to call myself a Hotshot Domainer.
Why not Hotshot Domainer Guru?

Personally, I never mention that I am a "domainer"..usually "webmaster"

•••
Why not Hotshot Domainer Guru ?

Personally, I never mention that I am a "domainer"..usually "webmaster"

I don't like the word Guru for some reason.. but if you like it you can use Hotshot Domainer Guru or any other variation for yourself ;)

Regarding webmaster, i never gave it much thought, it's such a great name. Master of the web! (y)

•••
I don't like the word Guru for some reason.. but if you like it you can use Hotshot Domainer Guru or any other variation for yourself ;)

Regarding webmaster, i never gave it much thought, it's such a great name. Master of the web! (y)
If I didn't have a serious side when it comes to busine$$, I would call myself that (Hotshot Domainer Guru) or even
Elite Hotshot Domainer Guru

•••
If you're a hotshot, he's a cheapass. Same difference. ^^

•••
When I'm buying, college student.

When I'm selling.. CEO.

•••
•••
Hotshot.... I like the sound of that.

hotshot.jpg

•••
It's simple... I am the owner of the name. What they want to call me doesn't change that, and quite frankly doesn't bother me.

Last edited:
•••
Hi guys

Received a $50 offer on my domain, I get them all the time and ask the offerer either to increase the price or if they ask for it, I sometimes I give the asking price. I replied with a $2500 asking price, He then increased his offer to $50.01 :D

I tried to explain to him the value of domains and he came back with a huge rant which included this nice idea I liked..

Hotshots.. does anyone here calls himself a hotshot? I think it's a cool persona. Hotshot Domainer or Domaining Hotshot.

hotshot

So now ladies and gentlemen, I, The best domainer of the end-times, am going to call myself a Hotshot Domainer. Deal with it.

Thanks

what do you call the low baller??

•••
Hi guys

hotshot

Thanks

call yourself

"the one who owns the domain you need"

•••
•••
Hi guys

hotshot

Thanks

You have to admit we are everywhere but the reality is that a few heavy hitters are responsible for the vast majority of domains for sale. Take Huge Domains as an example, in my niche they are really the only competitor that affects me personally on an ongoing basis.

That said, what would I call myself to a smart alec ?

Maybe...

SMARTER for registering the domain first.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Haris pm me the domain name you're referring to..

•••
•••
Be careful he has a very particular skill set ;)

•••
@Haris Just tell em you are a webmaster & may the force be with you. I might go see that actually lol.

•••
Experienced in Web Development, Web Hosting, Domain Buying, Domain Sales, SEO, Media Buying, Affiliate Marketing etc... so kinda an all around guy. Only thing I don't really touch is logo/graphic design as cheap enough for me not to learn it.

Domain isn't worth what a buyer can pay a domain is worth what the domain is worth and what the "right" buyer can pay. I've said No on quite a few domain offers over the years but that's how I've turned $8 acquistions into 2k, 3k, 6.5k, 7.5k, 16k etc... basically all my sales are pure profit. If 1 out of 5 guys hates me for my pricing that doesn't stop the wire from hitting the bank. Haters gonna hate. If I gotta title myself "Very Profitable" works. :ROFL:

Last edited:
•••
Hi guys

hotshot

Thanks

You made a classic mistake that many domainers make. Nobody cares about the "value of domains" no more then you care about the "value of cars" when buying a car. What they care about is how your particlular domain is going to help them. If you are asking $2500 for your domain and a comparable domain is only $500. What makes your name 5x more valuable? Domainers often emphasis things that aren't important to end users.

Last edited:
•••
You made a classic mistake that many domainers make. Nobody cares about the "value of domains" no more then you care about the "value of cars" when buying a car. What they care about is how your particlular domain is going to help them.

Yes you are right and I have said that many times that the most important aspect of the domain is how it benefits the buyer. But if spending a few minutes trying to explain why a domain is valuable helps increase the buyer's offer, I won't call it a mistake.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back