NameSilo

What are the procedures of transferring domain names?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Say if I sell a domain to someone, how do I 'transfer' it to them?

I have domains at DirectNIC.com and NameCheap.com so please help according to those two registrars. I have no idea how transfers take place so help a n00b out please, thanks :tu:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Depends on the registrar. NameCheap allow for free push to another NameCheap account. Directnic is a little more complicated.

Check this NameFAQ

http://www.namefaqs.com/question/qstId/30.html

and also check on Directnic's site for the specific procedure.

•••
Thanks for the help RJ, luckily for me, as you said namecheap offer free pushing, and I just checked on DirectNIC's site and it says that the user i'm transferring to just needs an account there [free] and when I'm transferring I just have to renew it for a year [$15] and then it will get transferred [there's a little system in the member area to transfer]

•••
I just completed a NameCheap transaction, and the Namepros Seller's "free push" took approximately two (2) minutes, and now the domain is updated with my WhoIs contact information and resolves as I've instructed.
Just to give you a very brief *illustration* of just how seemless it can be ... similar experiences can be had with Enom, GoDaddy, and Dotster, to name a few.
Good Luck. :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back