Dynadot

discuss What's the longest name you ever sold, what price and reasons for listing?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Palinco

Restricted (15-30%)
Impact
I saw names of some sellers; some experienced with thousands of listing. It amazes me to see some names long lettered 4 or 5 words, some mixed with numbers. I am wondering who buys such names?
So I would like to know the longest name you have ever sold, how much was it sold, and the reason for listing such name in the first place?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
To be honest, that domains maybe old day domains with great domain authority score and great building business history.
Some founders really buy for use instead of buy for flipping.

•••
To be honest, that domains maybe old day domains with great domain authority score and great building business history.
Some founders really buy for use instead of buy for flipping.
Do you think such domain can be hand reg with such long numbers of letters?

•••
I would like to know the longest name you have ever sold, how much was it sold, and the reason for listing such name in the first place?
Hi

here's a few from the past and reason for listing was for exposure and ppc potential:

family/health/insurance/plan.com > sold on sedo 2006 > $900
illinois/auto/insurance com > sold on sedo 2008 > $10K
chicago/realestate/attorney com > sold on sedo 2011 > $2400
100/calorie com > sold on sedo 2007 > $3K

imo...

•••
Hi

here's a few from the past and reason for listing was for exposure and ppc potential:

imo...

Hi

imo...
Thanks for sharing. This shows very long names with value can still fetch xx xxx.

•••
martialartinstructor.com a typo domain, I sold it for $3 on a namepros auction. nothing impressive here, I know.
reason for selling did not want to renew, it is worth nothing.

•••
Thanks for sharing. This shows very long names with value can still fetch xx xxx.
Those were 2006-2011 sales, back when PPC domains were a thing. Now SEO changed completely so 90%+ of such domains' value is gone, not impossible to sell them, but it's VERY hard.

•••
Those were 2006-2011 sales, back when PPC domains were a thing. Now SEO changed completely so 90%+ of such domains' value is gone, not impossible to sell them, but it's VERY hard.
Okay

•••
Hi

imo...
What is PPC?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back