Dynadot

domains We will see a 30%-50% crash in markets across the board - Predicts Andrew Rosener

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Haroon Basha

Service.xyzTop Member
Impact
One of the Top Domain Investor and industry expert Mr Andrew Rosener, Tweeted yesterday: "I don’t want to alarm anyone and I hate fear mongering…but, I highly suggest that unless you are completely financially independent and “free”, you should brace for impact. I believe we will see a 30%-50% crash in markets across the board. Have some physical cash on hand, raise whatever liquidity you can and cut your spending to absolute bare bones. This will be on par pr worse than 2008/9. The response will cause a spike in inflation and we will, in my opinion, see 7.5% or higher Fed Funds Rate within 12-18 months. Of course making the situation worse for most folks. Be prepared for 18-24 months of chaos, uncertainty and financial distress."

To a reader's question "what do you think is going to happen to domain values?
Rosener replies: Absolutely nothing will happen to domain values. But there won’t be much liquidity and so the price if you NEED to sell in the short term will likely be soft. Domain values are up and to the right for the foreseeable future! But the bid/ask spread for those that need or want to sell is going to widen quite a bit most likely.
Credit:
Andrew Rosener is the founder and CEO of DomainX, LLC (as well as many other things), through which MediaOptions operates, which is the World’s #1 Domain Broker, and a boutique domain acquisition & domain brokerage firm specialized in ultra-premium & high value domain names.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I still don't get it how does it possible ? So powerful banks and got bankruptcy . Something fishy with that banking crisis . Not real Just market manipulation

•••
•••
Everything that has more or less retained its value is sold/dumped at such a moment, including shares of companies that are fine in themselves and that you would not expect to fall into disrepute.

•••
•••
One of the Top Domain Investor and industry expert Mr Andrew Rosener, Tweeted yesterday: "I don’t want to alarm anyone and I hate fear mongering…but, I highly suggest that unless you are completely financially independent and “free”, you should brace for impact. I believe we will see a 30%-50% crash in markets across the board. Have some physical cash on hand, raise whatever liquidity you can and cut your spending to absolute bare bones. This will be on par pr worse than 2008/9. The response will cause a spike in inflation and we will, in my opinion, see 7.5% or higher Fed Funds Rate within 12-18 months. Of course making the situation worse for most folks. Be prepared for 18-24 months of chaos, uncertainty and financial distress."

To a reader's question "what do you think is going to happen to domain values?
Rosener replies: Absolutely nothing will happen to domain values. But there won’t be much liquidity and so the price if you NEED to sell in the short term will likely be soft. Domain values are up and to the right for the foreseeable future! But the bid/ask spread for those that need or want to sell is going to widen quite a bit most likely.
Credit:
Andrew Rosener is the founder and CEO of DomainX, LLC (as well as many other things), through which MediaOptions operates, which is the World’s #1 Domain Broker, and a boutique domain acquisition & domain brokerage firm specialized in ultra-premium & high value domain names.
Well I see my domains going for super cheap, which normally would go much higher, Rosener may be right, never seen such low prices on auctions before here on NP for premiums.

Last edited:
•••
You know what Rosener is doing right now?
Telling anyone that can listen that he is a BUYER right now and urges people to contact him to sell him their good names.
Just an opportunity to buy for anyone with liquidity as momentum changes all the time.

•••
You know what Rosener is doing right now?
Telling anyone that can listen that he is a BUYER right now and urges people to contact him to sell him their good names.
Just an opportunity to buy for anyone with liquidity as momentum changes all the time.

Well, if that is what he is trying to do, then he is using a wrong message. If the cash will be hit with inflation and the usual assets will fall by 30%+, what is the point selling the top-notch domains for low price that Rosener might like?

•••
Dying Family Feud GIF by Steve Harvey

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:
@Haroon Basha thanks for info, everything possible, but don't panic :xf.wink:

1678520682163.jpeg

Last edited:
•••
I agree with the assessment, at least 50% , if only 30% that will be sparring. I expect 50% +

Hold! selling off domains for Pennie’s is a total loss IMO

Last edited:
•••
I think he is right. I will watch the show tonight.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
Mr rosener with his great sale of nft. com for 2,000,000, he is an smart guy no doubt but he also left 18,000,000 + on the table if he would have sold a couple weeks later. ''NO ONE IS BIGGER THAN THE MARKET'' for every smart guy bailing ,theres a smarter guy buying . Best investor ever SAM ZELL
And even Zell timed things bad for one investment and lost.

Tribune marks one of Zell's rare misses

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ne-of-zells-rare-misses-idUSTRE4B77PI20081208

It happens.

•••
When inflation rises people have less money as they spend more.
Having less money forces many of sellers to sell things cheaper,
firstly because they need more money urgently and secondly there are less buyers with money not impacted by inflation. All things which are not very necessary is more difficult to sell.

Last edited:
•••
When inflation rises people have less money as they spend more.
Having less money forces many of sellers to sell things cheaper,
firstly because they need more money urgently and secondly there are less buyers with money not impacted by inflation.
The whole reason for the spike up in inflation was a lot of money chasing too few goods ,people have the money to spend and sellers are raising prices not lowering ,even if they wanted to,because the shortage of labor is making wage demand explode and the cycle continues.

•••
Mr rosener with his great sale of nft. com for 2,000,000, he is an smart guy no doubt but he also left 18,000,000 + on the table if he would have sold a couple weeks later. ''NO ONE IS BIGGER THAN THE MARKET'' for every smart guy bailing ,theres a smarter guy buying . Best investor ever SAM ZELL
You've never deployed any real-world risk. Trying to time the market can be one of the most stupid things you can do.

He booked his profits. Something you'll learn on the journey to making money and keeping it.

•••
“Let me be clear that during the financial crisis, there were investors and owners of systemic large banks that were bailed out … and the reforms that have been put in place means that we’re not going to do that again,” Yellen told CBS. “But we are concerned about depositors and are focused on trying to meet their needs.”

This move limits the contagion.

Brad

numerous banks halted.jpg

As of this morning, the contagion is spreading even faster based on the actions of the FDIC and Biden Administration. First Republic Bank will likely be seized by the end of the day and 15-20 additional banks will join them by the end of the week.

This is the worst week for the financial sector since 2008.

Glass-Steagall Act should be restored, or the moral hazard of commercial speculation with retail deposits will continue until FDIC is bankrupted and the inflation reaches Great Depression levels.

Last edited:
•••
•••
It will be interesting to see where these bank failures leads U.S. economy on close of Q1.
I didn't agree with Dalio at the time. But now I do

We'll have a new world order if Russia wins the Ukrainian war. Hence, Biden is throwing caution to the wind to ensure the battle is won.

•••
Bitcoin is looking real good right about now!

•••
Bitcoin is looking real good right about now!
The traditional market goes down and cryptos go up, that's news!

Regarding domains, I'm selling less in general, parking pays less but auction prices are high: mixed signals but it doesn't seem like a declining market to me.
For example LLLL.com domains price is high in comparison to the last year

•••

Last edited:
•••
•••
Petrodollar War
Screenshot 2023-03-14 182406 afghan war.png

Pending US vs Russian war...... Any good names for this war?
Screenshot 2023-03-14 182608 pending russian war.png

Let's see if history repeats itself

•••
@ReallyBigIdea.com i remember your username from when the Russian invasion of Ukraine started and its clear you are spouting the downfall of the US and the dollar again (along with MSN-domains), no one is interested in any anti-American or anti-western agendas your have on this forum, people are here to talk about domains.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back