Dynadot

domains We will see a 30%-50% crash in markets across the board - Predicts Andrew Rosener

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Haroon Basha

Service.xyzTop Member
Impact
One of the Top Domain Investor and industry expert Mr Andrew Rosener, Tweeted yesterday: "I don’t want to alarm anyone and I hate fear mongering…but, I highly suggest that unless you are completely financially independent and “free”, you should brace for impact. I believe we will see a 30%-50% crash in markets across the board. Have some physical cash on hand, raise whatever liquidity you can and cut your spending to absolute bare bones. This will be on par pr worse than 2008/9. The response will cause a spike in inflation and we will, in my opinion, see 7.5% or higher Fed Funds Rate within 12-18 months. Of course making the situation worse for most folks. Be prepared for 18-24 months of chaos, uncertainty and financial distress."

To a reader's question "what do you think is going to happen to domain values?
Rosener replies: Absolutely nothing will happen to domain values. But there won’t be much liquidity and so the price if you NEED to sell in the short term will likely be soft. Domain values are up and to the right for the foreseeable future! But the bid/ask spread for those that need or want to sell is going to widen quite a bit most likely.
Credit:
Andrew Rosener is the founder and CEO of DomainX, LLC (as well as many other things), through which MediaOptions operates, which is the World’s #1 Domain Broker, and a boutique domain acquisition & domain brokerage firm specialized in ultra-premium & high value domain names.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
It can happen and just the opposite can happen. You need to be prepared at all times, especially in the past 10 years and in the next 5 years. Some action is taken against bad people, not against average people. Average people can be affected, but events happen according to what good guys and bad guys do. Companies should buy domains representing their companies as diversification of assets in addition to other reasons. You can't trust stocks, but you can't trust anything else much either. Bad guys were manipulating gold, and now good guys are doing it.

Last edited:
•••
What you'll often see when assets fall in value, is that gold will be sold to recoup losses, especially when there are margin calls. Initially, this can have a depressing effect on the gold price (ceteris paribus), while there may be a situation of panic in the market. In the longer term, this depressing effect on the gold price diminishes.

Btw, China is the world's biggest gold consumer and buyer.

Last edited:
•••
That is kind of counterintuitive...isn't it?

 Brad

Yeah, blew my mind up. It is one of those aha moments in life followed by being upset that you did not come up with the idea first :(

•••
•••
•••
Fake news
BullshitWebsites dot com

•••
Maybe he was referring to potential banks bankruptcies (it is ironic that banks can bankrupt :xf.smile:)

Money is the worst form of wealth storage in times of high inflation, if you put your money in a bank or you hold your money as cash you will continue to lose money either way. You need to put your money in some sort of assets like gold, land, real estates, domains..etc.

Right. There is some little logic to what he says from a different perspective and in a different scenario. If the downturn is accompanied by credit crunch and inflation is not a hyper-inflation, then holding cash might give you access to assets for very cheap, beyond the inflation rate.

Other than that, the best option is, as you said, getting assets. Probably it would also be wise to both have long term assets you don't mind holding for long and some liquid ones you might need to convert to cash fast at a reasonable discount for hard times or just for the unexpected cash needs. That discount might still be a better deal than losing your cash value via inflation.

•••
Show attachment 233632

When ^^^^^^^^^^^^that happens , prepare for more collapses
Elon/Twitter may dropcatch SVB :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:
1678607276699.png

Last edited:
•••
While of course a bad development, it's not like all of SVB's customers' assets are lost. Far from it, according to Moody's:

• FDIC insurance means that any money you have in an SVB bank account up to $250,000 will be fully covered. You will get all that money back.
  • For anything over $250,000 in your SVB bank account, Moody's estimates you will get 80 cents to 90 cents for each dollar deposited.
But of course, the problem will be not having immediate access to funds.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Is this the anwser to all our problems??????????????
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
SVB depositors to have access to all money tomorrow.

(Joint statement by Treasury, Federal Reserve and FDIC Department of Treasury)

Show attachment 233741
This is the right call in my view. The deposited funds should be protected.

I don't really care if the bank itself fails.

However, this can't be some ongoing trend where bailouts become the norm again.

The bailout should only be for the deposits, not the bank itself, executives, shareholders, investment losses, etc.

When you invest it can't only be upside. It can't be that you either make gains or you get bailed out. That is not how the market should work.

The bank can fail while the deposits are still protected.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Its a lesser of many evils scenario, that we will better understand by the end of the week.

Bailouts only increase moral hazards and inflation, and encourage bad management aka "too big to fail".
I am generally against bailouts, especially when it comes to investments.

Some investments lose money or fail. That is how it works.
It is how it should work.

There can't be a situation where you only make gains or get bailed out.

In this case the bank itself, shareholders, etc. are going to shoulder the loss.

At the same point most of the people who just have funds there (depositors) would have lost their funds, and in many cases it would have crippled their business.

The fundamental fix to this are banks (and people) behaving in a financially responsible manner. However, that goes against the nature of greed and is hard to fix.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
•••
Please note that during a crisis, assets can behave completely differently than everyone expects or predicts. A recent example is the Covid-19 crisis. There was a lot of panic, but in the end it turned out to be excellent years on the stock market. Sometimes there is a large delay of effects.

The world order is being redefined and this will have consequences. It's going to be interesting years, for sure.

Last edited:
•••
This one made me chuckle: There will a spike in inflation, so let's hold physical cash on hand :-D
That is kind of counterintuitive...isn't it?

 Brad

•••
8FA393BC-BD40-45D3-A419-E648B926AC69.png

When ^^^^^^^^^^^^that happens , prepare for more collapses

•••
I believe we will see a 30%-50% crash in markets across the board.
Well, he has (i think he still has) a few names I am willing to give him half of what he is/was asking if building a reserve is important at this time.

All things depend on the quality of names and if a motivated buyer comes along. Sure things are in a downturn cycle but as long as no nukes are released anywhere, things will hunky-dory.

•••
did he also predict end of world
... come on now there are 8484884 people like him predicting 4894849 diff events at 8484848 diff dates. in the end none have crystal ball... just get some views and attention.. no more to it

•••

"We will see a 30%-50% crash in markets across the board - Predicts Andrew Rosener"​

Why not 75% to 100% to make it more clickable.....fake news

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist
sees the opportunity in every difficulty.”

•••
This one made me chuckle: There will a spike in inflation, so let's hold physical cash on hand :-D

Maybe he was referring to potential banks bankruptcies (it is ironic that banks can bankrupt :xf.smile:)

Money is the worst form of wealth storage in times of high inflation, if you put your money in a bank or you hold your money as cash you will continue to lose money either way. You need to put your money in some sort of assets like gold, land, real estates, domains..etc.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back