IT.COM

Volume Sales - To BIN or not to BIN?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Between 35-50% of sales at some of the exchanges seem to be BIN sales.
Owning over 10K names, we are constantly tweaking our pricing strategy in order to increase (even if it's just a little) our sales ratio/number of sales.

The vast majority of our .COM brands are priced at the major exchanges (Afternic, GD, Sedo). Until now, we have not had BIN prices on the landing pages. Have any "volume-sellers" (min. 5K portfolio) had positive experiences via BIN-pricing on landing pages? HugeDomains.com/Mike Mann have used the BIN pricing model for years with great success (besides the fact they own xxx,xxx-x,xxx,xxx num. of domains).

Even though it is a model that would no doubt leave some money on the table some of the time, I would expect the numbers of sales to increase with frictionless/instant purchases (in the $2K-$5K "sweet spot" via the landing pages themselves).

Any feedback/positive experiences would be welcome in this thread.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I would cherry pick names that have shown minimal interest in the past and therefore pose minimal risk. Do a quick google/registrar check to make sure you haven't missed any new developments then offer them out at BIN pricing and see how they fare. Obviously the larger the sample size the more accurate your conclusions/projections will be, but even testing the low risk 1-2% of your names could be enough.

•••
i believe BIN will have a higher success rate. i am about reviewing my pricing policy as well. lets see how it goes

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back