IT.COM

Domain Name Sales -or- Bodis more helpful for attracting sales and why?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Bodis vs. Domain Name Sales

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Domain Name Sales (DNS)

votes
    50.0%
  • Bodis.com

votes
    50.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

brandnow

Selling hotcakesTop Member
Impact
I see some people strongly sharing good experiences about Bodis for helping get sales. Other people strongly recommend Domain Name Sales. I want to use one service for putting all my names for sale for sale.

Sometimes the landing page can strongly influence sales. Out of these two which do you recommend and why?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Let me first say. I haven't used either for selling domains, and I haven't used Bodis for trying to buy a domain. And lastly, I've only tried to buy 1 domain using Domain Name Sales. But I'd recommend the DNS Brokers Hands Down. High Pricing and tenacious to a fault. I only sent them 1 email inquiring about the price. I had a slew of emails over several months, all extremely positive about the domain. Then after about 2 months, the emails became less. Just when I thought I wouldn't get any more emails, I got another one on the 1 year anniversary of my inquiry. I was extremely impressed by the professionalism and persistence. The most professional domain sales organization I have ever encountered, bar none.

•••
Haven't sold any domains through Bodis, but I love DNS. A nice platform, the leads feature is great, and the PPC is much better than Sedo and other marketplaces.

•••
I sold 3 domains via Bodis within 3 years, total $600 Gross / $500 net...
Sold 1 domain within 1-2month via DNS, $5600 Gross / $4700 net .

Last edited:
•••
Let me first say. I haven't used either for selling domains, and I haven't used Bodis for trying to buy a domain. And lastly, I've only tried to buy 1 domain using Domain Name Sales. But I'd recommend the DNS Brokers Hands Down. High Pricing and tenacious to a fault. I only sent them 1 email inquiring about the price. I had a slew of emails over several months, all extremely positive about the domain. Then after about 2 months, the emails became less. Just when I thought I wouldn't get any more emails, I got another one on the 1 year anniversary of my inquiry. I was extremely impressed by the professionalism and persistence. The most professional domain sales organization I have ever encountered, bar none.
I did inquire on a few names, and i must say professionalism is miles away from them, all these pre-typed sentences they use.

I dont see how they are doing any work tbh either, all they do is quantity, sit there all day, and reply to inquiries witch you naturally get if you have 2,000,000 names on a network, and if you reply to all names with... dadadadad, we want 30,000 (thats a bad name) dadadada or dadadada we want $350,000 (somewhat decent name) dadadada.... then its natural and a numbers game you sell some.

Overall, if they learned to talk a little more, and actually think before giving answers with their pre-typed sentences, or horrific english.. (mostly its one of the 2) i make any bet they would do even better then they are doing.

But thats just an opinion... and a worthless one on top of that so nevermind me ;)

•••
DNS (self-brokered). You still get access to all the same tools as their brokers (such as their automated email follow-up system that stub experienced). There are 0% commission fees on sales. It's extremely fast to reply to inquiries through their built-in email system, where you can save reply templates, or you can use the same templates that many DNS brokers use. The DNS app is really convenient for responding to inquiries on the go (only available on iphone/ipad), and I reply to most inquiries through the app.

Among drawbacks are non-customizable landing pages (no "make offer" option available). And some end-users have been so put off by the high prices that DNS brokers often quote, that they simply don't want inquire when they see that a name has a DNS landing page (you still get a ton of inquiries through this platform though, although the majority are not serious buyers).

I'd look into Efty too. I think DNS is more convenient right now, but Efty add a lot of great new functionality to their platform on a regular basis, and I think it will be a better option than DNS in the future. Also, I think DNS is going to change a lot when they turn into Uniregistry marketplace, so DNS users will probably have to reconsider their use of this platform when that happens.

•••
I've sold a name that was parked with Bodis. That was before they had a market-place, it was with the for sale banner.

Literally never sold one with DNS-and stopped using them when I saw them directing my buyers away from my domains. Also plenty of complaints about how DNS uses your leads to sell their domains and gTLDs to.

Your leads that come through Bodis, are safe from such things.

•••
i say neither

why?

because one shouldn't depend on the platform to sell your name or to attract sales

you should depend on your name, to sell itself when it's found... irrespective of the venue.

still, i have received inquiries in the past via SEDO, BODIS, NAMEDRIVE, DNS VOODOO and just recently an email from inquirer on ParkingCrew.
that's in addition to email inquires and occasional phone calls asking about a name.

as for inquiries resulting in a sale via platforms, so far only SEDO, ND and DNS negotiations have produced a sale.

but what i think is most important, is which service can provide the most revenue from parking while you're waiting for an offer for any specific domain or one from your portfolio. as any revenue earned, adds additional value and increases leverage for negotiations.

sometimes sales cycles are high, sometimes low and you want some $ coming in, during the slow periods.

imo....

•••
@biggie - Would you agree with the proposition that Parking Crew have blown off most of their competition for parking revenues over the last year? I only use Parking Companies which pay me over $100/month. Which is currently only 2. Parking Crew and Voodoo. All the rest have gone by the wayside. I agree with the principal of gaining parking revenue whilst waiting for sales. But I normally don't mix parking and sales. I sell mostly at GoDaddy (50% by domains), Afternic (25%), Privately (25%). I don't usually get more than 1 sale a year at Sedo. I don't use the likes of DNS (despite my praises... maybe I should) or Flippa.

Last edited:
•••
@biggie - Would you agree with the proposition that Parking Crew have blown off most of their competition for parking revenues over the last year? I only use Parking Companies which pay me over $100/month. Which is currently only 2. Parking Crew and Voodoo. All the rest have gone by the wayside. I agree with the principal of gaining parking revenue whilst waiting for sales. But I normally don't mix parking and sales. I sell mostly at GoDaddy (50% by domains), Afternic (25%), Privately (25%). I don't usually get more than 1 sale a year at Sedo. I don't use the likes of DNS (despite my praises... maybe I should) or Flippa.

Hi stub

from my perspective, yes, i would agree that PC is leading the pack.

in the past 12 months, i've probably only sold about 6 domains:

1 via incoming email, 1 via incoming phone call, two from sedo (one @ BIN) , and two via namepros.

typically, i may sell one or two domains every 3 or 4 months, sometimes the span is longer, sometimes it's shorter, depending on the the variables that occur.

imo....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back