Located in Niche Domain Discussion, started by mrcurly, May 12, 2014

Replies:
Views:

1. ChristT

ChristT Established Member

Ok can i ask you why?
    I begin and i want to learn
    Thank you for your advice

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. mistressbellek

mistressbellek Domain Domme Gold Account

[​IMG]

VRGR8.com
    Personalized
    VR.com
    VR
    POW.com
    VR
    FEM.com
    VR
    inFlight.com
    LO
    VRx.com
    VR
    AiBot.com

3. Mlebo

Mlebo Top Contributor VIP Gold Account

I was going back through some older posts and saw this. If you have not sold this yet, this is an outstanding domain for the current situation.

4. End Game

End Game Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

If our Virtual and VR domains don't soar in price and demand in this market...they never will. I'm told many of the top headset brands are sold out every day. HMD prices have risen also. VR content needs to ramp, but users are looking for new VR games, virtual experiences and virtual trips...to off set being closed up.

5. bballdude823

bballdude823 Established Member

6. nononsense123

nononsense123 Established Member

Although this could have been VR's moment but the tech isn't there yet for major players like apple to enter the scene. We all know how interested they are, but until the tech reaches their quality standards they won't release a headset.. That may come in 2022

7. Malnasi Bela

Malnasi Bela InvestInTransylvania.com Gold Account

What are your opinions regarding this domain name?

VirtualisDoctrinam.com - it means " virtual teaching" in Latin

8. hjordis

hjordis Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

9. End Game

End Game Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

They are getting a jump start if they go thru buying NextVR. Content and quality is ramping quickly. The fact some leading VR HMD's are selling out is huge positive.
    https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/04/08/apple-chases-facebook-into-the-vr-market-with-a-10.aspx

10. alcy

alcy Top Contributor VIP

well... the current situation can help VR domains.. but the VR Tech (or AR XR etc) still need their own time and timelines to develop... maybe that can be sped up now a bit.. but at same time, maybe not cause factories are closed, companies are closed etc... so this virus while it may increase interest in VR or VR domains... is not some do or die scenario for those techs. virtual reality is still a future thing. the tech just didn't catch up with all we want to use it for.

well... personally i presently keep around 200 VR names.. renewing most... dropping some..
    recently sold virtual,reality,photos,com for $140... but thats nothing spectacular and its just to renew a few more names.. lowball offers keep coming in... probably from domainers.

imo the virus is here to stay for another 1 year in terms of lockdowns social distane etc... and the effects of this in our economy are here to be felt imo for a good 5 years. so this is definitely a long long term thing. but lets hope for the best.

all in all my current vr holdings are:

40 *vr.com
    100 vr*.com
    10 virtual*.com
    60 virtualreality*.com

if anyone wants to check it out my folio is in my signature.

happy sales, and be safe!

11. sammchuck1

sammchuck1 Established Member

12. VRDomainNames

VRDomainNames Established Member

I've had some excellent domains with LOW bins and buyers are harder to find. I think the industry right now is somewhat dead and I don't know if the virus to blame. If anything, that should turn things around. As more people stay home, the demand for VR increases. Life may never go back to how it was. VR could play a much larger role in the future than we can imagine.

13. Pazu

Pazu Established Member

Congrats to the new owner of CamVR.com. $900 GD expired auction. Believe they will do well with it.

14. alcy

alcy Top Contributor VIP

15. alcy

alcy Top Contributor VIP

yes i noticed decrease in sales and offers too.. but i notice it across all techs... ar.. xr etc..
    i also believe the future will move more online than ever before.. which logically should mean all these techs will become even more important.

however, as it stands now, with virus, we have to remember that everything basically came to a stop.. or slowdown.. that includes money poeple have to buy names.. and more importantly, developments and projects by companies.. which definitely aren't operating at full speed.

so imo this is not the time to expect VR or these other techs to be booming. but it may be time as you say, to expect them to become even more important in future.......

definitely a bad time to public auction your vr names.. i think recent sales camvr vrtoy etc show this..... right now people have more important things to worry about, as everyone's lives goes through shock and came to a pause basically... awaiting what comes next from this mess! when people's lives are at stake, we don't think so much about buying stuff. or domains etc.

but that's just my take on it.. and i'll act accordingly regarding my VR renewals.... if you feel different about it, i'll be there watching the expired names every now and then and picking up previous owners vrhotel,com for 10$ regfee ;)

Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
  16. Malnasi Bela

Inspired by the use of Latin phrases as mottoes by Schools and Universities around the World, I got the idea for these names:

VRscola.com

VRschole.com

VRscholae.com

VirtualisDoctrinam.com (means "Virtual Teaching" in Latin)

The Greek word for leisure (scholé) is the origin of Latin scola, English school. The name for the institutions of education and learning mean “leisure.”

17. Pazu

Pazu Established Member

The dominant VR market is USA so I would say one English keyword is the way to go, with no weird combos for prefixes like vri vrx etc.

18. Malnasi Bela

19. Pazu

Pazu Established Member

I thought of registering scola myself years ago but decided against it. Not saying you’re wrong. Veritas would be my favorite.

20. The Durfer

The Durfer Top Contributor VIP Blue Account

21. alcy

alcy Top Contributor VIP

22. Pazu

Pazu Established Member

@alcy Nice. Was watching and knew it would be big when it was $2000 with four days to go.

23. dnvia

dnvia DNVIA The Origin VIP

Hi guys!
    V*R*L*E*G*A*L.com $1495
    my last Sedo BIN sale
    I, as I think most of you, had not sold anything for several months. This is a small help to keep my portfolio until this niche rises from its ashes. Be patient and don't throw in the towel just yet. Better times will come for those who endure this crisis.
    Good hunting.

24. Donmarick

Donmarick Established Member

25. yepdomains

yepdomains Established Member

I have

Vrslave.com
    Vronka.com
    Vrisp.Com
    Vrplayboy.Com
    Vrbatim.com

Which is best and the worst as per you from these ??!!

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice