IT.COM

showcase Showcase Spatial Computing Domains and Discussion Threads

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

buydomainnames

Established Member
Impact
Spatial computing is the digitization of activities of machines, people, objects, and the environments in which they take place to enable and optimize actions and interactions.

The term Spatial computing summarizes many complex aspects of technology. As a result, many people hesitate to deal with the concept behind it.

Nevertheless, many applications used on a regular basis are based on spatial computing: From GPS to ride-sharing apps and location tagging on social media to AR apps.

Spatial computing was defined in 2003 by Simon Greenwold, as "human interaction with a machine in which the machine retains and manipulates referents to real objects and spaces

After desktop and mobile computing, the next big tech era will be spatial computing—also known as augmented reality—in which computer graphics are overlaid on the world around the user.

Let's showcase spatial related domains, discuss ,share any news or recent sales . I got this

Spatial//Find. com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
painful?!

what I heard in reviews from Marques Brownlee, and many other famous tech youtubers, is that they did wear the headset for many hours, without a problem
(using the 2nd strap).

Actually, they debunked the theory that you can only wear it for 2 hours, etc.

There is even a guy who coded in it, for a couple of hours, and recommends it for that:

I read many reviews most mentioned headaches even those that like it. These you tubers get paid to pimp stuff. You should want a well rounded assessment not someone who’s livelihood depends on glowing commentary. The people I am referring to are respected in the niche.

I don’t find the headaches something odd for goggles. Hopefully that will improve in future versions.

Last edited:
•••
I read many reviews most mentioned headaches even those that like it. These you tubers get paid to pimp stuff. You should want a well rounded assessment not someone who’s livelihood depends on glowing commentary. The people I am referring to are respected in the niche.

I don’t find the headaches something odd for goggles. Hopefully that will improve in future versions.
In my opinion, the myth of "heavy headset" was debunked by quite many youtubers, wearing the 2nd strap.

Guys like M. Brownlee, with millions of subscr, would feel insulted if someone would say they "are paid to pimp stuff up."
And anyone following him or similar channels knows, they of course aren't.

I think spatial has a future especially in Office, Business, B2C, B2B, Movies, Games, Meetings...

Thus, got my hands on

SpatialOffice .io

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
Apple is bringing the term spatial computing to people who don't know what AR means. There could be pressure on Meta and other companies to use the term spatial, as Apple continues to push for adaption of the term so that it becomes the industry standard. We probably won't know if that will happen or not until a year or two. Interesting times ahead.

•••
•••
I just bought Spatialgraphy.com

•••
Visor is another start-up, bringing its AR headset out soon this year.

As its said on the site:

"Visor works seamlessly across Mac, PC, and Linux, ensuring a universal user experience. An unparalleled spatial experience."

•••
•••
Recently acquired SpatialEmotion. com.

•••
•••
Mark Zuckberg after trying Vision Pro.

https://www.instagram.com/zuck/reel/C3TkhmivNzt/

“I don’t just think that Quest is the better value, I think Quest is the better product, period.”

"I know that some fanboys get upset"

:xf.laugh:
Absolutely does not matter -
only brings more users to the AR/VR world.

But you can also say: The vision pro looks more stylish than the quest 3 with its 3 vertical dashes on the front...
and it is completely hand gesture based, does not need any track devices.

Which makes it even more unique & attractive.

Apple knows to sell & to design; no wonder they sold 200k units within days.

So: Where will all the companies take an example from?!

•••
Spatialwriter. com
Spatialcomputing-ai .com

•••
Free / Spatial
-------king--------

•••
SpatialNiche.com
SpatialNiches.com

•••
•••
"Spatial niche" is a completely different area.
Yeah, I do know that actually. But, it's a good name imo.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Going to be interesting:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-68628989

Apple have done the exact same thing with Vision Pro in that developers can only say "Spatial Computing" on their app store and must not say VR/AR/MR/XR or anything else.

They've got some dirty, anti-competit8ve practices for sure. I bought my first apple product recently, which is a Macbook Air and they've obviously made it difficult to sync products of other companies via Bluetooth and USB. Don't even try to transfer files from an Android phone to your Mac. It's basically impossible. Extremely illegal manipulation at the expense of innovation.

Last edited:
•••
They've got some dirty, anti-competit8ve practices for sure. I bought my first apple product recently, which is a Macbook Air and they've obviously made it difficult to sync products of other companies via Bluetooth and USB. Don't even try to transfer files from an Android phone to your Mac. It's basically impossible. Extremely illegal manipulation at the expense of innovation.
I don’t recall ever owning an Apple product, in phones I’ve always bought Galaxy – No big tech are good, but Apple along with Microsoft/Amazon/Meta are worse of the worse – Could say Apple/Meta are leading the immersive tech market at the moment and I’m not rooting for either of them if I’m being honest.

But on the back of this (win or lose), I think we could see Apple softening their stance what developers can name their own creation if they use Apple’s ecosystem.

Last edited:
•••
I don’t recall ever owning an Apple product, in phones I’ve always bought Galaxy – No big tech are good, but Apple along with Microsoft/Amazon/Meta are worse of the worse – Could say Apple/Meta are leading the immersive tech market at the moment and I’m not rooting for either of them if I’m being honest.

But on the back of this (win or lose), I think we could see Apple softening their stance what developers can name their own creation if they use Apple’s ecosystem.

Same. I'm only rooting for money in my fellow domainers' pockets. Big tech is nearly impossible to avoid, unless you're willing to live off grid like a ludite. I get excited about innovations, but they also scare the shit out of me sometimes. Especially on the AI front. Very strange, exciting., beautiful and sad times ahead, but that's life... That's humanity...

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back