Dynadot

new gtlds Value Range for "3 letter" .PUB ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi there,

Could you share your consideration on pronounceable three letter .pub domain names e.g. uni.pub (this is just a reference name, so please do not specifically valuate that.)

Cheers!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi,

I would say no value at all (yet) as long as the keyword do not match with the TLD.

Nyc.pub , The.pub, Our.pub, Old.pub etc, I guess could be sold in an estimated range between US$ 1000 - $10.000 (obviously also depending on renewal fees!), while "non-matching" terms are pretty much worthless.

Uni.pub is in between I guess. Not a great name, but could make a flip within a few years, if lucky.

•••
I agree that there is little value in these right now, if any at all. As @kohsamui mentioned, the only 3 letter .PUB domain with any value would probably be extremely relevant or big GEO-targeted domains like NYC.pub.

•••
I would say right now that it's worth reg fee. In the future, could be worth more.. as you know.. depending on the name. If you have nyc.pub or miami.pub then it would be worth at least xx - xxx.

Last edited:
•••
Thank you all for the valuable replies.
I have several .pub names in my portfolio and I just want to determine which of those keep on hand.
Well, how about ave.pub (which is similar to the other names I have)? Do you think it is a quality name?

•••
Thank you all for the valuable replies.
I have several .pub names in my portfolio and I just want to determine which of those keep on hand.
Well, how about ave.pub (which is similar to the other names I have)? Do you think it is a quality name?

For a pub named "Ave Pub" or just "Ave" it might be useful. .PUB is obviously a very niched domain. Try to google your name (if you haven't done that already) and maybe you will find some potential end-users.

•••
@kohsamui nailed it with his first post. There is absolutely no market for random 3-letter new gTLD's.

•••
Thank you for replying as well, @vivaldi

You could be right about evaluating random 3-letter domain names. Thus, random x-letter domain names should be meaningless and such, I think.

However, I just would like to feel satisfied. So, could you make the word "random 3-letter" clear for me, please?

Because, it does not seem OK to consider "ave" -if you did so, as a random 3-letter if it's looked-up in the dictionary. Please, correct me if I'm wrong, or let me know if there are anything else.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back