IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

xman

Domain Hack KingVIP Member
Impact
Here's my question..what is the value of domain hack? I've seen some good domain hack and i was wondering about the value of it. I myself own one and i'm not sure whether or not i should get more. I haven't seen any sale of domain hack. Why do we register domain hack? Is it because the domain looks cool or because there's a potential end user who's willing to buy such domain?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
defi.es
erod.es
gor.es

all hand reg'd

What do you guys think? Ive never messed with them before but have seen some recent activity around them

•••
Hacks are such a gamble. Even good ones. Who do you target as buyers? They were probably hand-regged for a reason. The best reason to buy a hack is to use it for yourself. Somebody actually looking for a hack usually has plenty of options. I don't "feel" these have any resale value. I'd ask for a refund if the .es ccTLD has that option.

•••
I own one .es hack which is for myself: brandabl.es

It's a one word and a popular word among domainers and startups.
Personally I wouldn't invest much in them either unless I have a personal use such as development. Some sites I use often happen to be hacks.
I would love to hear what others think?
@stub

•••
@rivey001 - Maybe you should use that for your website :) It tells the visitor exactly what you are selling. Then heavily SEO it. I like it.

•••
@rivey001 - Maybe you should use that for your website :) It tells the visitor exactly what you are selling. Then heavily SEO it. I like it.
Sometimes I think likewise. I also think of using perfectstartups.com, but I have too much invested in GotBrands To not use it and it's also straight forward and brandable itself, especially if marketed. I would feel terrible wasting my money lol.. But brandabl.es could still be developed separately. it's also good to have my main site in Dotcom since I'm selling all dot coms.

•••
I own one .es hack which is for myself: brandabl.es

It's a one word and a popular word among domainers and startups.
Personally I wouldn't invest much in them either unless I have a personal use such as development. Some sites I use often happen to be hacks.
I would love to hear what others think?
@stub
I like it - Brandabl.es
You can develop or simply forward to your brandable domains.
Dnpric.es is also good hack

•••
I like it - Brandabl.es
You can develop or simply forward to your brandable domains.
Dnpric.es is also good hack
Thanks. When you say forward, you mean forwarding my brandable domains to Brandabl.es

Like let it be a landing page that all the brambles are forwarded to? It may be great for future development. I'm currently working on a project called GotBrands.com

•••
Thanks. When you say forward, you mean forwarding my brandable domains to Brandabl.es

Like let it be a landing page that all the brambles are forwarded to? It may be great for future development. I'm currently working on a project called GotBrands.com
Place all your brandable domains at Brandabl.es

•••
•••
•••
•••
Melan.in

This term in taking off...
My third dn hack( may develop)

•••
I just noticed I have another .es hack

miniatur.es

What do you guys think about this name?

•••
I don't like hacks in general.

•••
My only domain hacks are :

Matern.al

Elector.al

•••
I don't like hacks in general.
Same here; but I will try to develop a few I have(website,or app) and see where it goes. I see a few website hacks that are successful simply because they offer a good service.

•••
melanin2.png

One of My recent Hacks(melan.in)! I like the word because it's used positively in the area of self acceptance and it's making waves on social media and off. But not as a fad-(people are starting to love and accept themselves as they are, almost a word used to say I am proud, I am celebrating who I am). I am strongly considering developing. Timing is vital though.

Other Hacks I recently owned:
  1. Brandabl.es (may develop too)
  2. DomainNe.ws (Feedback welcomed)
  3. DomainNameSal.es (Feedback welcomed)

•••
Seems like someone just recently followed suit and registered; melaton.in. :)
Wonder If I influenced it lol...

But on a serious note thanks for info;I'll research well before supplimenting with anything..

•••
Domain Name:MELAN.IN Created On:07-May-2016 06:56:09 UTC
Domain Name:MELATON.IN Created On:07-May-2016 13:34:35 UTC

@rivey001 - your post in this thread about melan.in - Sun May 8 05:24 UTC 2016 - did you post it somewhere else as well? Elsewise that's spooky!

•••
•••
What is the value of Chr.ist? What you think guys?

•••
.rs still available today:

divorce.rs

whitene.rs

booste.rs

liqueu.rs

cellula.rs

•••
I just registered SafeBrow.se and FreshCred.it
I was told on another forum (appraisal) they weren't good.

Any thoughts?

•••
@ctwilliams - Two word hacks are difficult. Look at who owns the COM - safebrowse/com redirects to internetsafety and was bought out by McAfee, very unlikely they want a hack for a domain name they no longer use. FreshCredit/com is parked. If you can get a refund, do it, but I think those extensions are non-refundable

Your only hope of recovering reg fee *might* with much effort on your part, look for any company that has blahsafebrowseblah - there's a handful of apps, most free so IDK how they would benefit from an additional domain and expense, same for freshcredit, only there are fewer end users
See this thread for how: https://www.namepros.com/posts/5500520/

I don't see much if any value here, sorry.

•••
Thanks usernamex. I'm still learning in this domain arena.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back