IT.COM

discuss USE the ridiculous trending keyword OKBOOMER.com to rationalize your domain's price above $10K

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Hello guys,
If you have a trending keyword domain, don't sell yourself short. Thought about this just now.

If OKBOOMER.com sold for $10,050 AT AUCTION then surely your domain that has more than 61,500,000 results (Ok boomer no quotes on Google) or 5,480,000 results ("Ok boomer" with quotes) showed logically be worth more.

Currently I'm in negotiations on an emd single word domain that without quotes has 4,170,000,000 results and with quotes has 3,840,000,000 results.

just on those numbers alone when you lay the cold hard facts it is easier to defend your asking price.

NUMBERS ARE REALITY.

Buyers always want to downplay the value of your domain to the betterment of their own agenda which is to get your domain for as cheap as possible but you must always have data to support your pricing.

I would appreciate if anyone reading this could also add some trending keyword domains in .com or whatever extension that sold for over $10K to help prove my point here. would be nice to not just have OKBoomer.com as an example. It's a bit embarrassing. Please something that sold though. Not just one with a price tag.

Seriously if OKBOOMER.com sold at auction for $10,050 then it should stand to reason and logic that your EMD domain with way more Google results with quotes or without should be way more value.

and extrapolate value based on the difference in Google results.

A keyword with 5,480,000 results with quotes
vs.
A Keyword with 3,840,000,000 results

3,840,000,000 / 5,480,000 = 700.7299270072993‬

So the value of OKBoomer.com $10,000 times 700.7299270072993‬ = 7,007,299.270072993‬

I know this sound ridiculous should be a good laugh conversation.

But I'd take 10% of $7 million anyday for this particular domain but of course as always buyers feel the "right price" based on their warped sense of pricing should be .001% of what the actual price SHOULD BE.

so from $7,000,000 down to $7,000 like wow!!

I mean seriously $700,000 is 10% of $7,000,000 still too high. But given the facts it's not "ridiculous".
I'd even go as low as $150,000 and that's already generous. That's a $550,000 discount, yet of course buyers will say that's still expensive.

People always say domain registrants "take advantage" of the situation because they are greedy but I submit that buyers if given the chance would buy a domain for reg fee if given the chance. They don't give a f*ck if you have a mortgage or health bills or no food in the fridge.

so why should we domainers be kind to their dilemma when they don't give a f*ck about ours?

buyers always claim hardship.

Tired of it. It's all part of the game of deception. See who lies best.

Me? I set a price and stick to it. Period. if they come close I might budge if not screw that.

People really don't know the prices for domains even if you give them the facts because at the end of the day people only care what matters to them and to hell with the DATA.

People like that I rather just hit ignore even if I lose a sale.

So let's hear it you experts! lol

I suspect the offer I got on my domain that person is a domainer on here because the domain in question the registrar does not provide whois info so he or she must have found out my contact info from here so must be a domainer or broker.

Good offer though but no where near my price expectations unfortunately.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Don 't forget that words in quotation marks mean only the General number of times these words are used in everyday life. They do not display the exact number and popularity. This also applies to a normal search query. Look at Google Trends results and popularity.

•••
Don 't forget that words in quotation marks mean only the General number of times these words are used in everyday life. They do not display the exact number and popularity. This also applies to a normal search query. Look at Google Trends results and popularity.

I know this already. I use services that provide monthly keyword searches.

I purposefully omitted this fact from my post on purpose for effect lol Thanks though.

•••
Okboomer is a crappy domain though. Imo.

But, I get what you're saying.

•••
This is way too simplistic when it comes to valuation.

Plus, I doubt that this type of dubious use of math is going to convince many potential buyers.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
This is way too simplistic when it comes to valuation.

Plus, I doubt that this type of dubious use of math is going to convince many potential buyers.

Brad

I understand but if I could mention the domain I owned to use this rationalization I am confident it would not look so dubious.
I understand that not all domains are created equal but the number have to be part of some valuation calculation.

or no?

I mean "ok boomer" has only 1,254 searches/month
and for sake of argument. I'll admit the keyword of my domain has 9,272 searches/month.

•••
Trump said I registered "Great Geniuses" in king

•••
The thing is you can put any random term in Google, without quotes, and get a lot of results.
Most of those results often have no relevance to the value of the domain.

Brad

•••
•••
The thing is you can put any random term in Google, without quotes, and get a lot of results.
Most of those results often have no relevance to the value of the domain.

Brad

This is true. I guess if we say that then there needs to be a clarification on what is "a lot of results"

1,000 results is a lot
5,000 results is a lot too.

10,000 results. damn that's a lot.

but 4,000,000,000 that's significant.

•••
This is true. I guess if we say that then there needs to be a clarification on what is "a lot of results"

1,000 results is a lot
5,000 results is a lot too.

10,000 results. damn that's a lot.

but 4,000,000,000 that's significant.

Learn Bed = About 2,410,000,000 results

You can get a lot of results for complete nonsense terms without quotes.

Brad

•••
Put your term in this search in Google.

intitle:"whatever"

Replace "whatever" with your term. How many results?

Brad

•••
Learn Bed = About 2,410,000,000 results

You can get a lot of results for complete nonsense terms without quotes.

Brad

I see your point.
but you do realize I specifically mentioned the keyword with quotes right? not just without quotes.
Every domainer knows the "real value" is "in the quotes".

and for your intitle:"whatever" suggestion. (never knew this one by the way! Thank you for that)

What does this mean exactly? because did what you said and my keyword netted 523,000,000 results:-P:xf.grin::xf.wink:(y)

•••
I see your point.
but you do realize I specifically mentioned the keyword with quotes right? not just without quotes.
Every domainer knows the "real value" is "in the quotes".

and for your intitle:"whatever" suggestion. (never knew this one by the way! Thank you for that)

What does this mean exactly? because did what you said and my keyword netted 523,000,000 results:-P:xf.grin::xf.wink:(y)

Intitle shows how many results are in the title of a webpage.
They are often, but not always, more relevant.

For instance let's take a term like "pest control". That is a highly valuable commercial term.

intitle:"pest control"
About 6,950,000 results (0.95 seconds)

If you look at the results for that term they are all highly relevant. That domain would be worth well into 6 figures in .COM.

For single word terms with no clear usage it can still be deceptive.

The valuation of domains is highly nuanced, and will never work with a simple formula.
There are too many other factors.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
It depends on the ability to monetize the domain. Trendy fads are here one day, gone the next. Longevity is worth $$$.

•••
•••
Learn to read the data your fooling yourself into thinking that search results mean something.
It isn't the amount of times the result is displayed but how many times it is searched.

•••
What can be seen as important factors in pricing a domain are search volume and cpc, but even then some names with barely any search volume or cpc can be valuable due to the proliferation of certain naming trends....some long term like Crypto+Word.com or CBD+Word.com for example, others short term like OkBoomer.com.

•••
Pssssst!!!!!

OKBoomer.com expired and now in expired auction at Namejet? but when you check the whois you get below? Did someone dropcatch this and is immediately auctioning it?

okboomer.com 10,050 USD 2019-11-20 NameJet

So let me get this straight.

Okboomer.com was I'm guessing won at auction for $10K and it was allowed to expire? and now it's on expiry status and at auction with 53 bids currently?

Domain:
okboomer.com

Registrar:
DropWalk.com, LLC

Registered On:
2019-11-17

Expires On:
2021-11-17

Updated On:
2020-11-19

ok

Name Servers:
ns1.pendingrenewaldeletion.com
ns2.pendingrenewaldeletion.com

For more information on Whois status codes, please visit https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/epp-status-codes-2014-06-16-en

No match for "okboomer.com"

What is going on here?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back