Dynadot

.us .US - The OFFICIAL Discussion, Showcase and Sales Report Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
It appears the domain industry has been starting to take notice of the .us namespace over the past year, read DnJournal.com .us growth and Namepros with even greater expectations for the year to come.

So I thought it would be a good idea to ask everyone to show us your .us domain names. You can post your favorites or your entire portfolio.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Idk why but Uniregistry unwittingly gave .US a great advertisement promo that might reboot the whole extension!

Then our $0.10 domains become $100+ :D

That would be super funny and super awesome at the same time... If we suddenly make xxx,xxx total off of our 7 day promo. (within 365 days ofc. If longer than that then the renewal fees.............)

•••
How about allowing non-US entities to invest in the extension without restriction?

•••
Idk why but Uniregistry unwittingly gave .US a great advertisement promo that might reboot the whole extension!

Then our $0.10 domains become $100+ :D

That would be super funny and super awesome at the same time... If we suddenly make xxx,xxx total off of our 7 day promo. (within 365 days ofc. If longer than that then the renewal fees.............)
Maybe they are hoping people will also use their platform to sell the names.

•••
Fyi seriously.us is open for reg.

•••
•••
This is the best promotion since the free belgium domains 10 years ago. I decided to wipe out all the remaining significant county names in the US. Cost a measly $15.

•••
This is the best promotion since the free belgium domains 10 years ago. I decided to wipe out all the remaining significant county names in the US. Cost a measly $15.
Wipe out :P sounds so scary.

I concentrated on some geo too, but then went for some dentistry too.

Got:

DentalGroup.US

•••
Total Haul: 600 and counting for only $60. What a time to be alive.

•••
•••
wish I could've gotten 600 domains. now it's 50 cents so :( yeah oto expensive now for mindless reg'ing.

But just think about it. $60, for 600, and you just need to sell 1 to make a profit. then you can let the rest rot :P

•••
reg

bitfaucet & bitcoinaffiliate

Cheers
Corey

•••
Honestly wished I found out sooner. A chinese buyer got in early and bought out LLL & NNNN. You could sell these in bulk at $1 a pop easy on ebay to those who need a placeholder domain.

IMO even at 0.50 so cheap spammers could start using it en masse. Don't want another .TK / .ML debacle.

•••
Honestly wished I found out sooner. A chinese buyer got in early and bought out LLL & NNNN. You could sell these in bulk at $1 a pop easy on ebay to those who need a placeholder domain.

IMO even at 0.50 so cheap spammers could start using it en masse. Don't want another .TK / .ML debacle.
Sounds legit. Buy NNNN for 1k, sell for 10k on ebay or escrow. Good money.

I hope we all end up profiting on .US.

•••
If anyone reg'd for $0.5 today, you're not getting that $ back.

On the bright side we can now chase NNNN :D
US.jpg

•••
If anyone reg'd for $0.5 today, you're not getting that $ back.

On the bright side we can now chase NNNN :D
Show attachment 40711

It's not October 8 yet, even in the Cayman Islands, where they are located. lol, so not sure how it's $0.50 right now. But oh well. I may be missing something. It's supposed to $0.10 till end of Oct 7.

Last edited:
•••
While .US is getting occasional boosts, we still need to see more long-term action if more serious investment is to be expected.

•••
Fyi .us now has over 2 million registrations.
Later.us:)

•••
Easter.us cost me plenty of $0.10 but well worth it! Developed and ranking very nicely in bing/yahoo for great keywords.

•••
a few more

hotfix dot us
socialads dot us
winapp dot us

•••
•••
•••

Thanks for the heads up Adam27.

Unfortunately, when I go to http://www.about.us/townhall/ to register for the event, there is nowhere to register. All the words are there but there is no form to fill out and submit.

I am based in Canada so that might have something to do with it. However, if Neustar wants greater global inclusion it should make registering easy for everyone regardless of their location.

In addition, when go to their contact page to register a concern, there no phone number for me to call. Equally frustrating and unprofessional is asking me to "Please fill out the following form to get in touch with .US and we'll be sure to get back to you as soon as possible." and don't supply a form to fill out.

Fish rots from the head... Penny sales and endless rhetoric just ain't going to cut it.

Regards,
Scott

•••
•••
•••
Any additional info?

Need more input!!! :-P
Don't know if I'm allowed to link to it, but I copied the following info. Google it if you want the original article.
"Evus.us registered in March 2016, sold for $13,000. EVUS is an acronym for Electronic Visa Update System. The buyer is out of Spain. Imbernes Premium S.L."
Raymond Hackney

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back