Dynadot

.us .US - The OFFICIAL Discussion, Showcase and Sales Report Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
It appears the domain industry has been starting to take notice of the .us namespace over the past year, read DnJournal.com .us growth and Namepros with even greater expectations for the year to come.

So I thought it would be a good idea to ask everyone to show us your .us domain names. You can post your favorites or your entire portfolio.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I just sold dojo for $2600 via Afternic.

Last edited:
•••
Last 6 months I've sold...

airmail - 1299
ceres - 1299
abg - 2488
emotive - 699
finds - 699
dojo - 2600

All via Afternic

Last edited:
•••
ERC (dot) us $3,950. My sale.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I sold these in the last couple weeks -

Protest.us
Icon.us
Raven.us
Mahjong.us
NewConstruction.us

I am not going to list exact prices but all were in a $X,XXX range.

Brad

•••
I sold these recently, in $X,XXX range.

LAC.us
Holmes.us

•••
•••
I sold Ppe.us straight offer of 20k accepted can’t mind now how much I paid

Last edited:
•••
Yesterday I sold MyFamily.us via afternic. Sale price was $2488. Buyer paid BIN.

Thought I would share. :)

Last edited:
•••
Buyer just took possession of - BECA . US
$3750 - Sold!

•••
•••
•••
My sale -

Showroom.us - $X,XXX - Afternic

Last edited:
•••
Bees.us - $3,250. My sale.

Brad

•••
•••
April 24 is A Big Day in .US History - The 20th Anniversary of When the Domain Opened to ALL Americans: https://www.adn.us/news-views/2022/0424.htm

Show attachment 214564

April 24 is A Big Day in .US History - The 20th Anniversary of When the Domain Opened to ALL Americans: https://www.adn.us/news-views/2022/0424.htm

Show attachment 214564
Many people believe that there isn’t much value in the. us for almost all numbers or names. Admittedly, I had somewhat held these same beliefs as well until the Internet landscape began to change dramatically during the pandemic. Many businesses shuddered while others chose to go online to stay in business. What they had in common was that they needed a good domain name. These new online businesses got a rude awakening when they discovered that all of the good keyword .coms were taken. Consequently, they had to compete for second tier .coms made up of a combo business name/business area keyword, or they simply used their company name or something altogether different, and forgettable.

Then something happened. Google and the other search engines kept evolving from the decades old prioritizing of the indexing of .coms to what is being done now, namely, changing their indexing. Most sites need to be crawled now (at least for language) to determine intent. Showing up in search engine results is no longer dependent on having a .com anymore.

The search engines indexing likely evolved, in part, to accommodate the thousand+ new TLDs that have been released (xyz/club/credit/date/wtf, etc.), and the ever-increasing number of businesses and people going online because of the pandemic. The evolution of this change has resulted in non-.coms showing up more and more in search engine results.

Now you don't need a .com. Instead, you can set up a website using a .us, and with the right content language, it can be found in search engines' results. Better yet, the keyword .us domain can potentially be seen on page 1 of the search engines more often now when you search for that particular keyword, just like the keyword .coms.

Certainly, it is great to see a .us end up on Google's page 1 results, but will the person who sees it, click on it? Look at a .us link for yourself. Do you think that a person who starts seeing more and more .us links might feel confident and secure that it is not only a credible and safe site to visit, but one that will be what they have been looking for as well? Of course, they will. The .us link contains, after all, the official TLD of the United States, a country that is recognized worldwide in business and other areas, whereas most of the other new TLDs are not. Businesses and people can now have a much better keyword domain with a .us, and still end up on the same page as the .com one, all for much less money.

Now, here are a few .us sites that evince the evolving Internet landscape. Type in calvinklein.com in your browser. You will be redirected to calvinklein.us. Now type in truckers.com. You'll be taken to smalltransportation.us. No kidding.

Here are .us search engine results using only the following keywords:

-- pixers, pixers.us is Google page 1, (pixers.com site, is an unrelated company)
-- osram, osram.us is Google page 1, (osram.com site redirects to osram .us site)
-- andersoncompanies, "searched "anderson companies," andersoncompanies.us is Google page 1, (andersoncompanies .com site is an unrelated company)
-- hitachi, hitachi.us is Google page 1, (hitachi.com site is the same company, but has different webpages)
-- airfrance, airfrance.us is Google page 1, (airfrance.com site redirects to their airfrance.fr site)
-- clubmed, clubmed.us is Google page 1, (clubmed.com site redirects to clubmed .us site)
-- bosch, bosch.us is Google page 1, (bosch.com site is the same company)
-- shell, shell.us is Google page 1, (shell.com site is the same company)
-- mastercard, mastercard.us is Google page 1, (mastercard.com site redirects to mastercard .us)
-- calvinklein, searched "calvin klein", calvinklein.us is Google page 1, (calvinklein.com site redirects to -- calvinklein .us)
-- ollies, ollies.us is Google page 1, (ollies.com site is under construction, but may be the same ollies company -- as ollies .us site)
-- aldi, aldi.us is Google page 1, (aldi.com is the same company, but has a different landing page)
-- vibe, vibe.us is Google page 1 (vibe.com site not related to vibe .us site)
-- ftx, ftx.us is Google page 1 (ftx.com site the same as the .us site)
-- goodidea, searched "good idea," goodidea.us is Google page 1, (goodidea.com site is not related to the goodidea .us site)
-- zoom, zoom.us is Google page 1 (zoom.com redirects to zoom .us)
-- fwd, fwd.us is Google page 1 (fwd.com is an insurance site and is not Zuckerberg's fwd .us)
-- iwi, iwi.us is Google page 1 (iwi.com site is a blank page, and is not the same company as iwi .us)
-- fvbank, searched "fv bank," fvbank.us is Google page 1 (fvbank.com landing page says buy this domain)
-- oxygen, oxygen.us is Google page 1 (oxygen.com site is not related to oxygen .us site)

I did the same searches of the above keywords using duck duck go (duck.com), brave.com/search, and bing.com search. I got the same results as above. I also did the same searches on my cell and got the same search results. For the longest time it was never like this. Now, it is.

Here are a few more nice .us sites:

Opal.us
Patriot.us
Ows.us
Zep.us
LocalBusinesses.us
ecprof.us --search results for just "ec prof" show google 1st page
about.us
BFA.us
Let.us $14,999 sale
visor.us
bbi.us
DACA.us

The above listed domains are only a sample of what is happening with the .us.

My advice to anyone interested in ground-floor opportunity is to visit namebio.com and look at the more recent sale prices of good keyword domains (not just dictionary words). They are not going for $100 in 2022. They are going for much more. And I suspect that a lot of higher priced sales are not being reported. I've sold many .us for $X,XXX that I picked up for $2.50 to $20 (pre-2022), and I never publicized their sale prices.

On a final note, before 2022 you could find a lot of decent .us domains dropping. That's where you picked up the bargains. Now, not so many, if any.

Last edited:
•••
Here are couple of tips for those who are interested in .US domains:

- You can see all the developed .US sites by doing a google search for:

Site:.US

- You can see a list of .US dropping domains at:

https://www.about.us/retailpartners#

Just go down towards the middle of the page where it says "Expiring Domains" and look for:

The downloads for .US RGP report 1 and report 2

Hope this helps,

I have been seeing a big increase in traffic lately for my top domains:

Church.US
Mortgage.US
Airline.US
Depression.US

After over 20 years of waiting I believe that we all deserve to see a big increase in the level of attention and interest for .US domains.

IMO

•••
Just sold

ABV.us $450 - Dan
AHF.us $999 - Afternic
BWO.us $999 - Afternic

No further information available.

•••
.US sale last week-

CleaningServices

Bought for $12 about a year and a half ago. Sold on GD for $1499, but didnt use a GD lander. I only have a handful of .us and bought this one as it would look good on the side of a truck. Good luck all!

•••
Big sale of 2021 & year not even properly start
PPE.us - 20000 USD , March 5 2021 , Sedo
*short for personal protective equipment
* was acquire by a company in field
This is nice & good for .us investors

P.S. .io what ? Give me a brake :xf.grin:

P.S. No 2 Never Give Up in domain names because i never ( since 2010 even have hard times ) & just sold last week:
NeverGiveUp . us with - 2500 USD ( net 2000 ) :xf.smile:
Reg. exact 2 month ago , free hand reg. at $2.49
Thanks Uniregistry ( venue sold ) & thanks to broker (y)

Probably will be show on Namebio

never6.png

Last edited:
•••
Goodidea . us
Free hand registration 2.49 USD
Net amount 1275 USD
Hold time: 2 month
Venue Uniregistry

gi2.png

•••
Sold six LLL.us this week in the range of $400-$1,000

•••
•••
•••
Has Drive.us completed the sales process yet? I hope it proves to be a great sale not only for Keith, but for all .us investors.
The sale has fully completed. Once it hits namebio, it will be the largest sale of a .us domain.

I’m also in the middle of acquiring a .us for $xx,xxx and will announce once it is finalized.

If anyone knows how to get it added to namebio please let me know. Thanks!

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back