Domain Empire

.us .US for non US residents?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Is there any legal way to register a .US not violatingany rules?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have 3 domains .US and i'm not from USA :p

•••
I don't think!
But violate them!! hhahah!
You think americans won't reg .eu!

•••
wasistdas said:
Is there any legal way to register a .US not violatingany rules?

.....'fraid not.....you have to be a US citzen or have a "presence" there.
I and I believe other namepros have .us ex's, alas

•••
hmmmm. Just found a couple of very perspective domains in .us ...

•••
If you pay me, I may register one for you (if there is no TM problem). However I don't know if this is legal.

•••
Take as many .us domains as you want man. The americans already have most of the .coms :p

•••
cache said:
If you pay me, I may register one for you (if there is no TM problem). However I don't know if this is legal.

....there must be a way around this problem.....find it and you might be able to make some money...good luck

•••
I've found a service or 2 where you can get a US postal address, though I've
not used any of them just yet.

•••
many people that do not live in the US have them, As long as US gets your money they dont care ;) lol

•••
I care. I dont want to violate rules if there is any legal aroundabout way.

•••
are you in the US wasistdas?

•••
Isn't that breaking the law if you register one for a country you don't live in?

•••
do you actually think they look through every person who registers?? Mabe you can even buy a private one and it will be registered on a company.

•••
Just set up a US company ;)
It will cost you a few $$$ but if you are a serious player you can recoup the costs.
I know for a fact that many people are violating the rules and not only for .us but there is always a chance that they will find out. For instance Neustar conducts regular random checks and may ask for proof that you meet the requirements (local presence or citizenship).

What happens if you cannot justify that you have rights over the .us names you registered ?
Then they may cancel all your names at once. Normally it's the worst that can happen but you lose your portfolio and of course they won't grant you a refund :hehe:

•••
What would the penalty for registering a .us domain and living in say canada be?

•••
hmm, if they were to look into like a specific member heh then idk mabe take your account away, i will read the The statement etc.

•••
I doubt you'd go to jail... maybe a small fine at the most lol.

•••
its the internet, Unless you commit a crime or something you will not get punished for it.
The Feds Usually look into hackers and criminals
They do not really care about domain registration unless its something racist, anyway i think you are pretty close to usa anyway.
You can always say that you have moved and now you live in the USA hahah :).

•••
do business is the US

I live in Canada and sell specialty blankets in the US through Comfy Designs. It not that hard to do just as SDSINC stated. Then you have no worries :)

•••
very well said , very well said. I also thought in my head that if you were a serious person who wanted to make a company you would go for a .com so dont worry that much if you are not planing to make a big business but have a .us domain and you live outside the US, The USA is distracted with bigger things right now like Storms and terrorism :hehe:

•••
lol i seriously doubt that they will arrest you for registering a .us, please who ever told you that do not listen to them.

•••
exactly, they do not really care.

•••
I own a single .us domain and I fear it'll be confiscated as soon as a US citizen disputes my ownership because I own it "illegaly". That's realistic, in my opinion. Otherwise why make rules about .us domain ownership in the first place?

•••
if u are in US i think could be a legal problem wasistdas. U can buy a domain in many ways, but is .US in only for american citizens probably u will have problems if ur US domain name is good.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back