NameSilo

Urgently Seeking some legal advice.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Urgently Seeking some legal advice.

Hello,

It has come to my attention that a warez website has got hold of one of my php scripts and has it freely available for download. The script in question can be viewed at www.gamescript.net.

I was approached by someone called “Andy” on MSN, His MSN address is [email protected]. (If anyone knows who this guy is that would help me a great deal.)

He basically told me about the warez website, and that it existed. When I politely asked for the link he then started to try and bribe a licensed version of the script, along with over 150 games. (worth $120). out of me in return for the link.

Andy says:
no i will not if i get nothing in returrn so dont worry
jon says:
what do you expect to get out of it?
Andy says:
a free script with all the games i will install
jon says:
thank you for absolutely no help.
Andy says:
okay then if you send me all the swf games in a zip and the text file need then i will send you script link deal?
jon says:
yeah.. because i take it you have already downloaded the script via this website.
Andy says:
no but i can make my own
jon says:
maybe under different circumstances if you hadn't come to me and try to bribe me, you would have got something out of it.
jon says:
but you have blown it for yourself.
Andy says:
you dont get nothing for free in life now mate
jon says:
i will most certainly be going public with this, along with your name and email address for trying to bribe me.
jon says:
thank you, have a good day.
Andy says:
going public?
Andy says:
and i wasn't briding you i was trading
jon says:
i am sure there are some decent people left on a few forums that i post on that may know the link.
Andy says:
well when you dont have no luck come back to me and i will tell you the link
jon says:
or you can just tell me now?
Andy says:
and get nothing for all the money you will save?
jon says:
that is correct.
Andy says:
i would prefer you to lose out on money thanks, so you would prefer giving me all your .swf files and the txt file to upload to mysql databse worth about $50 then to lose about $4000 or more as loads of people are downloading it. it has had 3,267 hits as we speak to that particular site.
Andy says:
exactly!
Andy says:
hello?
jon says:
I am here.
jon says:
i have told you what i am going to do.
jon says:
under the circumstances you will not be getting anything out of me.
Andy says:
well apart from a free gamescript i could download free of charge :D
jon says:
good day to you.
Andy says:
good day to you i think i will post the warez link on forums you know just to help people out for you hahaha
Andy says:
you dont mind do you, actually i suppose you will think of all the possible sales you could make oh darn bet u wish u had site lmao

What options do I have now? Even if I did actually find out the sites URL what would I be able to do about it? If it’s a warez site then they must get this sort of thing all the time. What would make them listen to me? I have done a quick search on google and I couldn’t find anything.

If anyone at all can help me on this it would be GREATLY appreachiated.
Thank you in advanced,

Jon

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am no lawyer but if this guy found the website then I am sure it can probably found through google and some warez searches. If somebody knows him I would try contacting him pretending that you want to download it and try to get the link from him that way but I tried to doing a search on some warez site and came up empty handed. You might even being tricked into giving a free copy of the script because look at his msn ([email protected]) it seems that he develops sites and would have a use for your script on his site. Well whatever happens good luck with this and I will try to help you out anyway I can.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back