IT.COM

Uniregistry vs SEDO

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

LaptopLifestyle

Established Member
Impact
Ok, i know this has probably been done to death, so i apologize. but i'm new to the forum and pretty new to domaining.

I have been using SEDO parking, and from the beginning have been disenchanted with them.

Then, i started reading an article on fairly well hidden blogs where a guy said "THIS is why i just transferred 30,000 domains off of SEDO and onto "internettraffic.com" and listed out some crap i really didn't quite understand.

then 5 other people said "Yeah i just took 10k off yesterday, another 10K today" "yeah i pulled 20k domains off and went with IT too... " "yeah you'll be happy with IT" blah blah..

that was from 2011 or 2012 or something. Then i found another 8 articles bashing SEDO, and when i run comparrisons to KNOWN levels of traffic i'm driving to my pages, vs their reports? HUGE discrepancies. like they show 5 where I SHOW 470!!!" yeah....

anyway, i go to internettraffic.com and it turned into some other website, which in turn is now Uniregistry!

So.... my question is, after 3 MAJOR changes in company websites, or companies in general, ARE THEY STILL as good as it was when the guy Frank whoever created it?

Do they still pay out better with their parked pages?

What is the relevant 2016 info???

I have used sedo for about a month now, i had 5 domains on there and saw about 50 cents after a month, then sold all of those domains, now i have 50 more domains on there and haven't seen nearly the profit i should have.

I'm signed up with uniregistry and have signed up for the parking (as of today) but it takes 3 or 4 days or whatever.
So..... is it worth taking all of my parking pages off of SEDO and moving to Uniregistry still?

Thanks in advance guys!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Parking has been declining a lot since then. Its not the same thing nowadays. Need to put a big effort into it if you want to succeed with it, for many its not worth the hassle/risk.

•••
Im not familiar with uniregistry but I see great results with Rookmedia and Parkingcrew in terms of parking. I really feel people should separate domain parking and selling domains.

•••
Parking has been declining a lot since then. Its not the same thing nowadays. Need to put a big effort into it if you want to succeed with it, for many its not worth the hassle/risk.

Cool, i can get behind that. I'm just curious though, when you say "put big effort" into it, what exactly do you mean? About the only thing i can think of, would be to drive traffic to those sites through various means, however, every TOS i've seen so far says "We will CAN YOUR @$$ and steal your money if we even think about suspecting that you even emailed your MOM a link to your parked pages"

Paraphrasing of course. However, i didn't REALIZE that they frowned upon this, until after i sent about 1000 unique views to 20 of so domains i had parked at SEDO. which... in itself would have been ok, if i hadn't emailed them asking why my reports are significantly higher than theirs are....... rookie mistake... Hopefully they won't ban me haha... But anyway, how would one put effort into it, whether it were worth it or not. ?

Im not familiar with uniregistry but I see great results with Rookmedia and Parkingcrew in terms of parking. I really feel people should separate domain parking and selling domains.

I found parkingcrew earlier this evening, and tried to sign up, and apparently there is an issue with their website right now.. But i will definitely try again in the morning. I haven't found Rookmedia yet.

I guess the real question is, do any of these guys kind of turn a blind eye, or encourage you to drive actual real life humans to the parking pages?

•••
Cool, i can get behind that. I'm just curious though, when you say "put big effort" into it, what exactly do you mean? About the only thing i can think of, would be to drive traffic to those sites through various means, however, every TOS i've seen so far says "We will CAN YOUR @$$ and steal your money if we even think about suspecting that you even emailed your MOM a link to your parked pages"

Paraphrasing of course. However, i didn't REALIZE that they frowned upon this, until after i sent about 1000 unique views to 20 of so domains i had parked at SEDO. which... in itself would have been ok, if i hadn't emailed them asking why my reports are significantly higher than theirs are....... rookie mistake... Hopefully they won't ban me haha... But anyway, how would one put effort into it, whether it were worth it or not. ?

I found parkingcrew earlier this evening, and tried to sign up, and apparently there is an issue with their website right now.. But i will definitely try again in the morning. I haven't found Rookmedia yet.

I guess the real question is, do any of these guys kind of turn a blind eye, or encourage you to drive actual real life humans to the parking pages?

Put in an effort in that sense you have to get the right domains and strategy for it.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back