IT.COM

Undeveloped.com Experience

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone used undeveloped.com to sell domains? They claim to be able to increase a domainers sales by 54%.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Undeveloped when 2019 auction will start ??

and please add a feature like gd and others push auction when receive any offers.:xf.smile:

•••
In your portfolio, as a seller, you can already generate an export. Select all your domains and an export button will appear. You'll receive a report with a download link once the export is done.

Hooray, glad to know this - also figured out if you want to choose ALL, select all on a page, then wait for a orange bar at the top to select ALL domains instead
All 250 domains on this page are selected.Select all 508 domains

•••
@Undeveloped when 2019 auction will start ??

and please add a feature like gd and others push auction when receive any offers.:xf.smile:

Hi Al,

We stopped hosting auctions since a couple of months ago because we'd rather fully focus on our marketplace which requires our full attention and has a higher impact for sellers.

We might start offering the push to auction feature in partnership with existing auction platforms but the domain industry isn't very cooperative unfortunately. We're seeing this unfortunately with our Domain Automation Network (DAN) as well. Initially, we aimed to build DAN together with the industry but we've now started the development ourselves due to the lack of willingness to actually co-develop the network.

Kind regards,

Reza

•••
Hi Al,

We stopped hosting auctions since a couple of months ago because we'd rather fully focus on our marketplace which requires our full attention and has a higher impact for sellers.

We might start offering the push to auction feature in partnership with existing auction platforms but the domain industry isn't very cooperative unfortunately. We're seeing this unfortunately with our Domain Automation Network (DAN) as well. Initially, we aimed to build DAN together with the industry but we've now started the development ourselves due to the lack of willingness to actually co-develop the network.

Kind regards,

Reza
Thanks. (y)

•••
your website redirect to the "french pain in the neck" version
it is locked in french, and the switch at the bottom of your website does not work on chrome

i tried to create an account, but it took 5 minutes to have the homepage show up

do you have the server in your basement?
Undeveloped and Underserved.png

Last edited:
•••
your website redirect to the "french pain in the neck" version
it is locked in french, and the switch at the bottom of your website does not work on chrome

i tried to create an account, but it took 5 minutes to have the homepage show up

do you have the server in your basement?
Show attachment 83988

If you're based in a French speaking region or have your browser set in French you'll first see the French version. Forcing all users to view the English version makes no sense.

The issue you had was temporary as cloudfront has some issues, we had to disable it. That also caused javascript to not work properly for 15 minutes.

Everything loads fine again and in about 5 minutes our guys will complete the remaining maintenance tasks.

•••
Does undeveloped have a delay in reporting stats?? Under my sales activity it shows leads(1) and transactions(1) but nothing there. I’m positive it used to say (0). I’m hoping there’s a lead! Maybe a glitch? Or maybe I’m crazy and it has always said that lmao

Last edited:
•••
Does undeveloped have a delay in reporting stats?? Under my sales activity it shows leads(1) and transactions(1) but nothing there. I’m positive it used to say (0). I’m hoping there’s a lead! Maybe a glitch? Or maybe I’m crazy and it has always said that lmao

Hi Sobeman,

That was a bug indeed! Thanks for noticing. It's fixed now.

Kind regards,
Reza

•••
Enable 2-factor authentication now!

If you're based in a French speaking region or have your browser set in French you'll first see the French version. Forcing all users to view the English version makes no sense.

The issue you had was temporary as cloudfront has some issues, we had to disable it. That also caused javascript to not work properly for 15 minutes.

Everything loads fine again and in about 5 minutes our guys will complete the remaining maintenance tasks.

was able to connect without problem today,
when i added domains,
one failed because it was already listed before on your marketplace

this is a big issue for a marketplace, Afternic never tried to fix this and it create a messy situation with domains allocated to previous owner

find a way that the member can override it automatically (with a simple review process by the staff),
and you'll be ahead of many marketplace

regards,
Hal

•••
Simply contact them through the support button at the bottom right, and they will get you fixed right up.

•••
Simply contact them through the support button at the bottom right, and they will get you fixed right up.

that is the worst solution,
waste of time on both side

•••
Faster than Afternic or Sedo....

Though complete automation would be nice, though I understand from their point of view the recent and upcoming whois changes probably make that a lot tougher.

•••
Normally I would have the inclination to agree, but my experience with Undeveloped customer support is differentiable from the norm. I experienced a bug yesterday that left my portfolio seemingly empty.

To remedy the situation, I sent them a brief email detailing the effects of the bug. In response, I received a detailed message from Simon within 10 minutes of emailing their official email address: [email protected]. After a very candid back and forth in which he described the cause, number of affected parties (which was very few) and steps they were taking to rectify the issue, I was left extremely pleased with the experience overall.

Say what you will about support as a general assessment, but I contest that Undeveloped is achieving well above the status quo when it comes to support.

•••
Undeveloped support is fantastic! Fast and reliable in my experience

•••
Sold another name thru Undev. yesterday. Here's hoping for many more!

•••
@Undeveloped
Is there anyway to seperate type in traffic and traffic from undeveloped site? It would give us alot better insight into where traffic is coming from.
Thanks

•••
Sold another name thru Undev. yesterday. Here's hoping for many more!

Congratulations on your sale,
without giving up the domain
would you mind just give a price range of your sales and the niche, at undeveloped.com

seem like they are good for technologies and internet niches

regards,
Hal

•••
@Undeveloped
Is there anyway to seperate type in traffic and traffic from undeveloped site? It would give us alot better insight into where traffic is coming from.
Thanks

Hi Urljunky,

I'm just recovering from a pretty nasty flu and coincidentally I've been having one of those looped thoughts when you're half sleeping and half awake about exactly this!

What makes it a bit complex though is that there are now 4 major buyer acquisition channels:

1: Parking pages
2: Undeveloped's Marketplace
3: Distribution partners
4: Search engines (sellers that add unique content see really good results from this channel)

But there are also campaigns active on for example Namepros, Facebook and Twitter. To do this properly we'd have to include all these channels (ranging from the small ones to the bigger ones). You'd also have buyers touching multiple channels which makes it harder to really make that information useful.

Nevertheless, I think this could be valuable. We'll add this feature request to our backlog and discuss it with the team.

Have a great day,

Reza

•••
Maybe it would be easier to integrate simple Analytics code into undeveloped landing pages. Sellers could paste only one UA number and that way we know all the traffic details along with the exact URL of the domain landing page.
I recently moved my portfolio from own landers to Undeveloped and this is the only feature I miss. Everything else is just great on Undeveloped!

Last edited:
•••
Hi Urljunky,

I'm just recovering from a pretty nasty flu and coincidentally I've been having one of those looped thoughts when you're half sleeping and half awake about exactly this!

What makes it a bit complex though is that there are now 4 major buyer acquisition channels:

1: Parking pages
2: Undeveloped's Marketplace
3: Distribution partners
4: Search engines (sellers that add unique content see really good results from this channel)

But there are also campaigns active on for example Namepros, Facebook and Twitter. To do this properly we'd have to include all these channels (ranging from the small ones to the bigger ones). You'd also have buyers touching multiple channels which makes it harder to really make that information useful.

Nevertheless, I think this could be valuable. We'll add this feature request to our backlog and discuss it with the team.

Have a great day,

Reza
Thanks

•••
Maybe it would be easier to integrate simple Analytics code into undeveloped landing pages. Sellers could paste only one UA number and that way we know all the traffic details along with the exact URL of the domain landing page.
I recently moved my portfolio from own landers to Undeveloped and this is the only feature I miss. Everything else is just great on Undeveloped!

Hi Talking.domains,

This has been on the top of our mind. When using more than one GA (google analytics) tracker both might end up getting poor stats due to conflicts. We've just recently found a good solution to prevent inaccurate data when using multiple trackers on a page. It's being tested on a sample test group as we speak. I expect us to be able to make this feature available within 2 weeks.

Do note that once you use your own tracker that the stats will be less accurate since, for example, our bot filters won't be in place anymore for your own stats. So you'll most likely see more traffic reported on your own tracker than ours.

Have a great weekend,

Reza

•••
Thanks @Undeveloped

I didn't try it myself, but as explained here two separate UA (universal analitycs) trackers should work without conflicts if you name the second tracker.

If this cannot be done without conflicts, then sellers should be able to choose between bulit in tracking or their own analytics (like, for advanced users).
I'm sure bot filters would be pain for most users.

Anyway, thanks for dedicated work and support! (y)

•••
Congratulations on your sale,
without giving up the domain
would you mind just give a price range of your sales and the niche, at undeveloped.com

seem like they are good for technologies and internet niches

regards,
Hal

Virtual + "Keyword" . com $xxx price (y)

•••
Sold my 6th domain with undeveloped for $1000....initial offer was $150.

•••
Thanks @Undeveloped

I didn't try it myself, but as explained here two separate UA (universal analitycs) trackers should work without conflicts if you name the second tracker.

If this cannot be done without conflicts, then sellers should be able to choose between bulit in tracking or their own analytics (like, for advanced users).
I'm sure bot filters would be pain for most users.

Anyway, thanks for dedicated work and support! (y)

We used this one: https://www.optimizesmart.com/using...cross-domain-tracking-in-universal-analytics/

Which is similar I think with your solution. So far it's working smoothly, once we have enough days worth of testing and there are no big differences in the reports we'll ship this to production. So maybe next week or the week after it'll be live.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back