IT.COM

TRAFFIC Silent Starts Today...Post Updates?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Today the TRAFFIC silent auction starts and since i dont have $499 to get a bidders # and view the list, I was hoping someone who IS bidding can post updates OR give us a link to view (w/o bidding of course) so we can monitor domains that we may have in the auction.

Or just update domains that have bids here...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's good to see the silent but also the "loud" results too :)

•••
TRAFFIC just starting, with many people oversleeping thanks to DomainJam. Quite a bunch of jolly people. The thought of looking at the silent auctions hasn't even crossed our minds ;).

•••
Thanks, Sam ... sounds like the Jam was a blast! Woot. :music: :yell:

:lala:

Please keep us posted, as convenient.
Thanks muches.
-Jeff B-)

•••
If you guys want to ask about specific domains, you can pm me. Seems like almost no domains have bids though....though after browsing the site, A LOT of names seem overpriced.

•••
athletec64 said:
If you guys want to ask about specific domains, you can pm me. Seems like almost no domains have bids though....though after browsing the site, A LOT of names seem overpriced.

Do you have a URL with the names traded there ?

•••
dotnom said:
athletec64 said:

Do you have a URL with the names traded there ?

I'm sure that the URL will be password protected. Why the $499 then?

@athletic64: overpriced? You mean, the reserves?

•••
Smooth said:

The $499 is for absentee bidders. Those of us that have names in the auction should be allowed to view the action. IMO

•••
StrictlyNames said:
The $499 is for absentee bidders. Those of us that have names in the auction should be allowed to view the action. IMO

Should be - YES. But I'm talking about the reality!

Basically I do not understand the harm in posting the silent-auction openly.. Am I missing something? Some of us may be even tempted to bid on something, and then make $499 payment to bid - to make sure that the bids are legitimate. Ain't it?

•••
Smooth said:
Basically I do not understand the harm in posting the silent-auction openly.. Am I missing something?

We are on the same page my friend... :)

They should call it a "blind" auction instead of silent auction.

•••
Smooth said:

@athletic64: overpriced? You mean, the reserves?

Yes, the reserves are overpriced. Anyway, it seems like (I think) that most domains have the starting price near their reserve.

You guys can see what names are being auctioned off at http://marketplacepro.moniker.com/files/Master_Auction_Domain_List_TNYC07.xls

You can still pm me if you want to know how your domains are doing in the silent.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
No bids. And yea, TONS of names are overpriced compared to last Traffic. There are no LL.nets that I can see, and last traffic had 4 of them with $8,000 reserves and another few good ones higher priced. I'm actually very disappointed with the quality of names they let in. I've got only a handful of names in my watch list compared to about two dozen in last Traffic.

•••
NameTrader.com said:
No bids. And yea, TONS of names are overpriced compared to last Traffic. There are no LL.nets that I can see, and last traffic had 4 of them with $8,000 reserves and another few good ones higher priced. I'm actually very disappointed with the quality of names they let in. I've got only a handful of names in my watch list compared to about two dozen in last Traffic.

I'm not asking you to give away your watch list, but is there any buzz about any of the names in the auction; or does the auction seem secondary to other business this time around?

•••
So far no bids on any of the domains listed. Probably won't see any action till the live auction is completed... :rolleyes:

•••
:o Do you see the actual reserves or the reserve range that I see? Are reserves open?

•••
would someone please just post or PM the access password... PLEASE.

•••
Smooth said:
:o Do you see the actual reserves or the reserve range that I see? Are reserves open?
You see the reserves.

If anyone would like me to put their domains in my watch list, which I will be checking often, pm me.

Good luck! :p

•••
•••
T.R.A.F.F.I.C. LIVE brought in $10,880,000 MiL!!!
They broke a record :)

I hope this buying momentum carries over into the Silent Auction.

As of now, no bids yet...

•••
thanx for keeping us updated guys

•••
yep - no bids yet.
Usually the last 2 hours - there's some bids that come in...

•••
There isn't a single silent auction domain that has a bid on it???

•••
IdahoFarmer said:
nope... :td:

•••
IdahoFarmer said:

Correct. This is nothing new...all silent auctions move pretty slowly. Lots of sniping goes on.

Besides, if you were a bidder, would you want to make a bid now, with your bid being the only one out there and all focus on it and the name you want? I don't think so.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back