IT.COM

Trademark issue with domain name and its forum/website

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi,
I got some questions about au domain/website and the International/national trademark here...

I'm planning to develop and run an Australian forum (about health and diet), therefore need to register an australian domain name, let's say gogo.com.au. Pls keep in mind, I'm a website design small business, I don't have my business registered as a health/diet business or company though.

I already checked the US trademark database, and found out, there are already some trademark for gogo. Some of them are food company, photography, even some are health/diet company, etc.

My questions:
1. Will I get into trouble somehow someday if one of those gogo trademarked companies come to approach me despite that I'm only running a forum and using such domain name? Such as I have to take my site down and the domain name as well if they ask me to do so, or maybe they can sue me for trademark violation?

2. Do I have the right to defend myself/business and my entity, in this case, the domain name and the website and the forum, and keep running it and making profit out of it?

3. The same case with Australian trademark, will this be a problem? By the way, does anybody know where can I search for the Australian trademark? Is there any website about it?

Thanks very much for reading my long post. And many thanks for helping me out. I might be looking for partners if this project will ever proceed.

Cheers! :snaphappy:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
irvin said:
I'm planning to develop and run an Australian forum (about health and diet)

That intent can help you defend your name.

•••
It dosn´t matter if the name is a registered trademarks in the US. What is important is if the name you want is a registered trademark in Australia.

•••
FanCube,

The name hasn't been registered as trademark in australia.
Thanks to everyone who has replied and helped. ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back