IT.COM

Trademark disupute policy ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
if a company or organisation is outside the USA, is it still easy for them to make a dispute?

example, indiabank.com , and i have bankindia.com
If it was an american company they could easily take it form me but what about an indian company.

I read the dispute policy, according to it, as long as you can show you have a legitimate non bad faith interest, they wont take the name form you.

in the above eample i can just make a fancy looking internet site, Information bank India ,, providing information service to tourists?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
yes they can

but i would tell them to **** off if they sent me one

•••
i have a number of names like the above

i read about one guy in uk who had cdma2000.me.uk or something, a cellphone company in uk , nokia, disupted as it is trademarked by them. it was a drawn out process he said it was his nickname. then the registry discovered the man had also registered, sony, mitsibushi ,.me.uk and other big names, then the case was over :)

ive registred a few and done it at different registries so they cant check i hope :)

i think it is not that easy is it to dispute? one company here in korea, very big , LG, they recently bought LGE.com off a guy for $100,000, they are one of the top electornic and cellphone companies in the world, so why they pay if they can just dispute ? :)

ive been checking some similar trademarked names and been beaten to it most times, however the guys who have registerd the names have owned them a few years and not lost them, so i think its not that easy to take it off you ?

anway another example is bankcec.com an asian bank, i own cecbank.com what is chance they can take it off me, and any ideas on how to stop them ?

I will contact them soon for a sale.
anyone gives me good advice and it works , il give you a cut of the sale :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back