Domain Empire

Time to invest .xyz

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Domain Monk

Mindful DomainingTop Member
Impact
After google decision is it worth investing in xyz extension? Will it's value increase?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
imo

.xyz is in the same category as .top. Over 90% of my spam comes from a .xyz domain.

There are better places to put your money than .xyz.
like what ?

•••
like what ?

.club for example, a solid new gtld with solid sales.

.xyz is a joke. The inflated numbers, spam, etc...

Google will eventually be using abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz.com over abc.xyz... Says a lot..

•••
If that's what you believe my friend then thats awesome for you. Go buy another name like coffee or wine .CLUB ... But for the people holding up and waiting for the big return good luck to all of us ! I personally think the overpopulation will draw the GTLD's further then TLD and ... .xyz is the Number one GTLD so hang your hats on that fact

•••
.xyz is the Number one GTLD so hang your hats on that fact

In reg numbers, but how does reg numbers equate to money in the bank? Domaining is buying and selling, and from reported sales, .club is the only one I see being consistent. Do this homework for today. Head over to Namebio, DNPrices, plug in .club and .xyz and tell me number of sales over $1,000.

I'll do one for you, Namebio, sales over $1,000

.club - 91
.xyz - 7

and that's with .xyz having 4 times the number of regs. You guys with all these .xyzs gotta get those sales poppin. Let's go.

•••
It's not time my friend ... I keep saying that. XYZ has yet to reach its full peak.

•••
Strategy. ( I think )

e.g : LTD.com vs LTD. any extension

LTD.com = Reserve Auction Price +55,555

But obviously the final price will be much higher, So not all businesses have that money to burn on a domain name, but also, it should be added the cost of developing your software, plus hosting, plus advertising, in the end, will most likely that the domain name cost more than your own software, see a clear example of sex.com Bankruptcy.

This is the business of .com, High prices that end up destroying business, good domains with garbage service. Not thanks.

•••
.Club Sounds ok but it can only be bound to so many things like Gay.Club, Fun.Club, RubandTug.club
Xyz covers all subjects in general because it has no meaning, Deos .com Mean anything i still have yet to find an answer to that one,

I personally would rather own Spend.xyz Than Spend.club
By the way .club and .space is on sale at name cheap and .tech is on sale to

•••
Strategy. ( I think )

e.g : LTD.com vs LTD. any extension

LTD.com = Reserve Auction Price +55,555

But obviously the final price will be much higher, So not all businesses have that money to burn on a domain name, but also, it should be added the cost of developing your software, plus hosting, plus advertising, in the end, will most likely that the domain name cost more than your own software, see a clear example of sex.com Bankruptcy.

This is the business of .com, High prices that end up destroying business, good domains with garbage service. Not thanks.

What are you even taking about. Hosting, advertising, developing software, whatever goes into running a business, is across the board. It'll be harder for advertising when you're on some extension nobody has heard of, that might leak traffic to a .com etc. Some businesses can afford higher priced domains. For those that can't, you can get good domains for a few thousand or make up some name for reg fee.

•••
What are you even taking about. Hosting, advertising, developing software, whatever goes into running a business, is across the board. It'll be harder for advertising when you're on some extension nobody has heard of, that might leak traffic to a .com etc. Some businesses can afford higher priced domains. For those that can't, you can get good domains for a few thousand or make up some name for reg fee.

You just proved my point... %40 of TLD such as .com, .net, and .org are what you just said, made up names... This just proves that .com and all TLDs are overpopulated. The fact you said no one has not heard of XYZ doesn't make too much sense as everyone who is in our industry of domains and Internet Realestate knows what XYZ is. I mean Verasign is the one bringing there publicity ! And you can bet Daniel Negari is laughing away ...

•••
are these #'s correct?

registered.today/?tld=xyz

"Showing 1 to 16 of 37,197 entries"

•••
•••
•••
I love how every time i mention my portfolio everyone gets quiet about there portfolios?? and or Swapping lists

•••
•••
I will soon launch my xyz portfolio...

•••
Here is the answer:

ABC.XYZ = a short and valuable domain

99.5% of .XYZ names = worthless

.XYZ sales will probably rise for a while. So if you can grab a nice name like ABC.XYZ that makes sense is short and memorable.. then go for it!

We own WRK.xyz

•••
We own WRK.xyz

Or a keyword domain which Is way more valuable then a 3 LLL... Keyword domains specifically dealing with industries that make money ... Banks.XYZ ect... These are names that will be worth the money...

•••
It seems Chinese

KOM.png

kom worth ? lol

•••
Here's an interesting post about Gtlds like XYZ versus COM and who I said before carefully makes these decisions ...

3Carat.Diamonds
Effective CPM (cost per thousand impressions): $4.02 per thousand views

3CaratDiamonds.com
Effective CPM (cost per thousand impressions): $7.24 per thousand views

Based on the “Effective CPM”, it cost nearly twice as much to advertise a .COM domain name than it did a .DIAMONDS domain name. So, it appears that Google AdWords favors the .Diamonds domain name over the .Com domain name.

Read more https://globerunner.com/com-vs-new-gtld/

•••
Final Thoughts
Our overall goal when setting up these tests was ultimately to determine whether using a .Com domain name or a new gTLD domain name is better when it comes to search engine marketing and Google AdWords. We are not totally convinced that one is necessarily “better” than the other.

What we did see, though, is that Google AdWords tends to favor the new gTLDs, as they served up more impressions, for less cost, and a better average position then the .Com domain names we used. At the same time, though, when it came to conversions, the public appeared to favor the .Com domain names.

We want to be totally transparent when it comes to our testing and the tests that we performed. We have compiled all of the data, including the actual CTR, CPC, budget, and even the keywords that we used during the tests. Use the following form to download our full 27 page research report.

Read more https://globerunner.com/com-vs-new-gtld/

•••
•••
ok heres the link to my portfolio i would like to share with you guys, its just a list of my domains http://gday.ca/
also ill check out your portfolio later on tonight i gotta jet tho

•••
I believe the time has passed because I think not many people are admitting that theu registered or have .xyz because just check....most of the good names are already gone. I managed to get FindCoupons.xyz and FindCoupon.xyz :)

•••
I believe the time has passed because I think not many people are admitting that theu registered or have .xyz because just check....most of the good names are already gone. I managed to get FindCoupons.xyz and FindCoupon.xyz :)

You're absolutely right ! Why sell for a couple thousand when you can sell for a million ;) "time takes time" and one year is nothing

•••
You're absolutely right ! Why sell for a couple thousand when you can sell for a million ;) "time takes time" and one year is nothing
Yeah ..many domainers are buying but not talking....just my opinion:)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back