NameSilo

new gtlds This $20 billion company uses a new TLD for its website, and…

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
What’s surprising is that it seems to be basing its business on a .technology domain name. As the listener pointed out, DXC.com now forwards to DXC.technology.
So a $20 billion company is using DXC.technology, paid a big sum for DXC.com, and doesn’t own DXC.tech!
Now, the merger just went through so the company’s branding and domain choice might be in flux. But based on the logo (pictured) the company seems to be embracing .technology...
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Guys this is what we call "clutching at straws"

The comparison is completely irrelevant - this case is one where the company owns the shorter .com of their name and they have redirected it to a longer nGTLD that they feel reflects their company better.

Overstock.com change to a O.co domain in 2012 - the scenario is COMPLETELY different and has zero bearing on this scenario.

All you guys are doing is showing 5 year old case of where a nGTLD failed.

DXC owns DXC.com and now they redirect it to DXC.tecnology so explain to me how would could they suffer from traffic leakage like overstock.com suffered from?

You comparing apples to hot choclate
Two large companies using non.coms for creative branding purposes....

Still waiting for the example of companies doing this that grew as a result

•••
Two large companies using non.coms for creative branding purposes....

Still waiting for the example of companies doing this that grew as a result

Sure, show me how we are going to measure growth and attribute that growth directly to a domain name.. them perhaps I can go find examples..

I'm still waiting for you to address the irrelevance of your first example, all you did was simply deflect to you still waiting for examples..

Last edited:
•••
Google "dxc", they're paying to appear at the top of the page since it clearly says "ads related to dxc". Their new domain appears 5th, after 4 .coms, one being the Duluth cross country ski club.

Last time I checked, ski clubs don't have $20B, and yet their SEO is still better.

Make it a little less obvious that you know nothing about SEO
:xf.grin: the name of company is not DXC but DXC Technology and that's why they choose DXC.technology (it's called: exact matching :xf.wink:).
Google
DXC Technology and you will see the new gtld DXC.technology

Last edited:
•••
Lol... watch the nGTLD bashers come up with some silly explanation for this....

They gonna say stuff like "The people running the company are idiots" / "They don't know what they are doing" / "They were suckered and bought into the Hype" / "They are gullible and foolish"

Lol, off-course the bottom line is you don't become a $20 billion company by not knowing wtf you doing or by employing idiots or by getting suckered or by being gullible & foolish.

I am sorry but rebranding to a nGTLD is and always a failure.

•••
It is one of the most common non.com extensions there is, and it still failed. How is that irrelevant?
So you categorize like dot com and non dot coms?
Thats enough for me Casey.

•••
So you categorize like dot com and non dot coms?
Thats enough for me Casey.
Yes, just like all of society. How many non.com websites do you visit daily?

•••
I am sorry but rebranding to a nGTLD is and always a failure.

Lol, always a failure?

Should have taken the RED PILL - Taking the BLUE PILL is failure

•••
http://domaingang.com/domain-news/lily-robotics-launches-revolutionary-drone-cam-on-camera-domain/

Last year, Lily Robotics registered Lily.Camera to showcase its newly launched product; a camera atop a self-following drone that can revolutionize aerial, personal cinematography.

With Lily.com long gone and unresolving, and LilyCamera.com belonging to an Israeli photographer, the start-up launched the product on Lily.Camera, ignoring the pressure that typically comes along with launching one’s start-up.

Follow up:

https://www.cnet.com/news/much-hyped-lily-camera-drone-is-out-of-business/

•••
Sorry I forgot something important... :ROFL:
Super super super super super SEO For DXC Technology
at least I have changed colors... :xf.grin:

•••
Yes, just like all of society. How many non.com websites do you visit daily?

You mean there are more .com websites than there are non.com's ... wait wait..so you saying that there is more developed real estate on land that was discovered 25 years ago than there is on land that was discovered 5 years ago?.... WOW, THAT IS REALLY INSIGHTFUL!.. imagine that, what a shocker!!!

Last edited:
•••
They just choosed the(ir) PPPERFECTTT domain.

Last edited:
•••
Sure, show me how we are going to measure growth and attribute that growth directly to a domain name.. them perhaps I can go find examples..

I'm still waiting for you to address the irrelevance of your first example, all you did was simply deflect to you still waiting for examples..
My first example were companies using non.coms for branding purposes...Dxc is using non.coms for branding purposes. The two former had negative impacts

Explain the irrelevance to me, please

•••
•••
•••
You mean there are more .com websites than there are non.com's ... wait wait..so you saying that there is more developed real estate on land that was discovered 25 years ago than there is on land that was discovered 5 years ago?.... WOW, THAT IS REALLY INSIGHTFUL!.. imagine that, what a shocker!!!
Land is finite. the Internet is infinite, yet 99.9% of websites people visit daily happen to use .com

Try again

•••
My first example were companies using non.coms for branding purposes...Dxc is using non.coms for branding purposes. The two former had negative impacts

Irrelevance is you guys giving a ccTLD example for a new gTLD discussion.

•••
•••

.co is not a ccTLD when used by english sites, even Google does not classify it as such.

.tv isn't a ccTLD either in the way it is used and classified by Google.

Last edited:
•••

Ahh so clearly you have lost the plot.

Let me try break it down in simpler terms....

DXC owns DXC.com which they spend alot of money on and they redirect it to DXC.technology

Overstock.com redirect to O.co - they lost 61% revenue because 8 out of 13 people were typing o.com instead of o.co - this was in 2012 and most people had no clue .co even existed.

If you can not see how these two scenarios are HUGELY different then you are not playing with a full deck of cards or the lights are on and no one is home

•••
.co isn't treated as a cctld by google, furthermore google doesn't discriminate search results by tld, .co registry brands itself as an abbreviation for company...should I go on?

•••
•••
Lol... watch the nGTLD bashers come up with some silly explanation for this....
They gonna say stuff like "The people running the company are idiots" / "They don't know what they are doing" / "They were suckered and bought into the Hype" / "They are gullible and foolish"
It's like when the wheel got invented. People were all like "Huh, whatcha talkin bout' Willis?? You mean to tell me that there round thingy gonna roll better than this here block of wood for my cart?"

Now, blocks of wood are used for sitting on. Look where the wheel is now.

•••
Overstock.com redirect to O.co - they lost 61% revenue because 8 out of 13 people were typing o.com instead of o.co - this was in 2012 and most people had no clue .co even existed.

If you can not see how these two scenarios are HUGELY different then you are not playing with a full deck of cards or the lights are on and no one is home

lol. how many people know that .technology exists?

•••
Last edited:
•••
I gotta watch a UEFA match right now will reply you later.
Cheers.
P.S : Make more calls :xf.wink:

the Manchester United game? Go devils.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back