Dynadot

new gtlds This $20 billion company uses a new TLD for its website, and…

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
What’s surprising is that it seems to be basing its business on a .technology domain name. As the listener pointed out, DXC.com now forwards to DXC.technology.
So a $20 billion company is using DXC.technology, paid a big sum for DXC.com, and doesn’t own DXC.tech!
Now, the merger just went through so the company’s branding and domain choice might be in flux. But based on the logo (pictured) the company seems to be embracing .technology...
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
.technology is not .brand, their own nTLD would be .dxc
Still it's a nTLD. :xf.grin:

And your question was " why are you avoiding the fact that the majority of the earlier launched extensions didn't switch?" So I am going to answer to this after you answer my question. :xf.wink:

•••
Still it's a nTLD. :xf.grin:

And your question was " why are you avoiding the fact that the majority of the earlier launched extensions didn't switch?" So I am going to answer to this after you answer my question. :xf.wink:
Creation Date: 2017-01-31T04:49:09Z

after creation it took them a few months to launch.. you think Apple need years?

•••
Creation Date: 2017-01-31T04:49:09Z

after creation it took them a few months to launch.. you think Apple need years?
I cannot find any creation date for store.apple or any other subdomain. So how can you tell that they are taking years? store.apple was not there in Google results when I searched few months ago.
DXC is just a web site. No account logins for users. It seems no online orders and such stuff. No millions of customers like Apple has. So simple stuff for DXC. Apple needs time definitely.

Last edited:
•••
I cannot find any creation date for store.apple or any other subdomain. So how can you tell that they are taking years? store.apple was not there in Google results when I searched few months ago.
DXC is just a web site. No account logins for users. It seems no online orders and such stuff. No millions of customers like Apple has. So simple stuff for DXC. Apple needs time definitely.

they have it for a while and nothing happened. long enough to do something with it.

•••
•••
Lol... watch the nGTLD bashers come up with some silly explanation for this....

They gonna say stuff like "The people running the company are idiots" / "They don't know what they are doing" / "They were suckered and bought into the Hype" / "They are gullible and foolish"

Lol, off-course the bottom line is you don't become a $20 billion company by not knowing wtf you doing or by employing idiots or by getting suckered or by being gullible & foolish.

Well, the nGTLD bashers should know that the people running the company are NOT foolish at all. This is a smart and strategic move that is bound to pay off big time. DXC is now synonym with technology thanks to this move. Awesome!

•••
Well, the nGTLD bashers should know that the people running the company are NOT foolish at all. This is a smart and strategic move that is bound to pay off big time. DXC is now synonym with technology thanks to this move. Awesome!
They're not foolish, but they do not ALWAYS make the right decision!

•••
•••
I have never heard before about DCX
:guilty:

•••
who gives a crap anyways. someones gotta try something new eventually. maybe was a write off no one knows but its the companies money they can do what they want. dont mean a land rush for or against it. Just because one company sues .technology does not mean all companies will go wow this is a great idea. only person knows why they bought it is the buyer.

•••
Delegation date doesn't mean anything about the creation of domains.
They did something with it. That's why store.apple is in Google search results which was not there few months ago. :xf.wink:
makes sense the most relevant info would be the tm holder so the algo should show it ranking. after all the results are supposed to show the most relevant and accurate.

•••
It is one of the most common non.com extensions there is, and it still failed. How is that irrelevant?

How could you say .CO failed? Must every name ending be as successful / widely used as the legendary .COM ? Or, are you assuming the .CO registry is not profitable as a business?

Also consider the fact .Co registration price is typically 2-3 times higher than .com domain names. Otherwise, registrations and usage would be way much more higher.

The reality—like you've confirmed, that .Co is the most common non.com extension (previously a ccTLD), is evident enough it is successful / did not fail. It wasn't acquired for $109 million by neustar for nothing.

A good example of a failed extension is .mobi as many on NP would agree, but not .CO!

•••
How could you say .CO failed? Must every name ending be as successful / widely used as the legendary .COM ? Or, are you assuming the .CO registry is not profitable as a business?

Also consider the fact .Co registration price is typically 2-3 times higher than .com domain names. Otherwise, registrations and usage would be way much more higher.

The reality—like you've confirmed, that .Co is the most common non.com extension (previously a ccTLD), is evident enough it is successful / did not fail. It wasn't acquired for $109 million by neustar for nothing.

A good example of a failed extension is .mobi as many on NP would agree, but not .CO!
Read everything I've said, I said overstock's use of .co failed, not .co as a whole. Don't comment without context

Last edited:
•••
We have 170,000 employees in more than 70 countries, serving some 6,000 clients.

6000 clients.

6000 end-users that *know* .technology

SIX THOUSAND

•••
Read everything I've said, I said overstock's use of .co failed, not .co as a whole. Don't comment without context

Casey L. said: "It is one of the most common non.com extensions there is, and it still failed. How is that irrelevant?"

Look who's talking about commenting without context ^. Why contradicting yourself?

Even at that, what has the most common non-com extension (.CO) got to do with Overstock's branding mistake? Your comment is so irrelevant and without basis.

•••
Casey L. said: "It is one of the most common non.com extensions there is, and it still failed. How is that irrelevant?"

Look who's talking about commenting without context ^. Why contradicting yourself?

Even at that, what has the most common non-com extension (.CO) got to do with Overstock's branding mistake? Your comment is so irrelevant and without basis.
Two that come to mind are the failure of rebranding overstock with o.co. Another is booking.com, stating how much traffic they lost to booking.yeah.
Furthermore, as much as I like .co, it isn't the most common non.com, it's 24th. Try again guy.

Attachments

• IMG_6107.PNG
    IMG_6107.PNG
    119.8 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
•••
Thank you for the info! very good to know!

•••
It is good for them to direct dxc.com .dxc.tecnology because that is their real name. Perhaps they drop dxc.com, that would have been a blunder for them. Holding dxc.com make sense for them and that makes .com more valuable.

•••
One client does not mean one person, it represents a group of people forming one business. Those clients have contacts and those contacts have contacts and so on so it is actually far more significant than your attempting to illustrate. Extracting enough money out of those 6000 clients to operate a business boasting enough employees to fill up the nation of Guam AND still be able to profit is no small feat. Those 6000 clients must use dxc.technology to service millions of people.

6000 clients depending on the average size of each specific business could potentially mean hundreds of thousands if not millions of people. So the number you are perceiving as small is actually very, very big....I'd multiply 6000 by minimum 50X, assuming that each client has a minimum of 50 employees.

Again, those employees have business contacts and those contacts have contacts and so on and so on, the actual effect radius could be very massive but only time will tell.

•••
Apple is an 803 Billion dollar company they use a .com:)
Just saying guys LOL.

•••
Apple is an 803 Billion dollar company they use a .com:)
Just saying guys LOL.

Lol... watch the nGTLD bashers come up with some silly explanation for this....

They gonna say stuff like "The people running the company are idiots" / "They don't know what they are doing" / "They were suckered and bought into the Hype" / "They are gullible and foolish"

Lol, off-course the bottom line is you don't become a $20 billion company by not knowing wtf you doing or by employing idiots or by getting suckered or by being gullible & foolish.

:xf.smile:

•••
And the best shopping site in the world..... mine.... uses a .ca :xf.grin::xf.grin::xf.grin:

It's gotta be worth at least 100 bucks by now :xf.laugh:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back