IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Who is to Blame for the Troubled US Economy?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Both Parties

votes
    44.7%
  • Neither Party

votes
    9.5%
  • Democrats

votes
    22.3%
  • Republicans

votes
    23.5%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
Here you can spout your USA political views.

Rules:
1. Keep it clean
2. No fighting
3. Respect the views of others.
4. US Political views, No Religious views
5. Have fun :)

:wave:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••

President-elect Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva proclaims 'Brazil is back' at COP27

Nov. 16 (UPI) -- Brazil's President-elect Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva is boasting of a strong effort to protect the Amazon Rainforest and battle climate change at COP27.

"We must stop this rush to the abyss. There is no climate security for the world without a protected Amazon," he said. "We will do whatever it takes to have zero deforestation and the degradation of our biomes."

Lula defeated far-right incumbent Jair Bolsonaro in Brazil's general election in October. He previously served as president from from 2002 to 2011. He will be sworn into office on Jan. 1.

•••

President-elect Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva proclaims 'Brazil is back' at COP27

Nov. 16 (UPI) -- Brazil's President-elect Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva is boasting of a strong effort to protect the Amazon Rainforest and battle climate change at COP27.

"We must stop this rush to the abyss. There is no climate security for the world without a protected Amazon," he said. "We will do whatever it takes to have zero deforestation and the degradation of our biomes."

Lula defeated far-right incumbent Jair Bolsonaro in Brazil's general election in October. He previously served as president from from 2002 to 2011. He will be sworn into office on Jan. 1.

The use of Brazil mahogany wood has been banned for a good while now , Brazilian Mahogany is a very precious wood that was used by Gibson brand to make the Les Paul guitar , among many other luxury furniture and ect uses .

I made a few guitars from the precious wood in the 1980s and one in the very early 1990s .

I own two Gibson Les Paul guitars made from the precious wood in the Gibson factory . A 1983 Les Paul and a 1974 Les Paul .

The Brazilian Mahogany trees were being misused and possibly could have become extinct. The wood is the finest wood I have ever worked with by Far . It is extremely beautiful , and produces a sound in a guitar that can Not reproduced by any other wood or digital sound effects

Last edited:
•••
The use of Brazil mahogany wood has been banned for a good while now , Brazilian Mahogany is a very precious wood that was used by Gibson brand to make the Les Paul guitar , among many other luxury furniture and ect uses .

I made a few guitars from the precious wood in the 1980s and one in the very early 1990s .

I own two Gibson Les Paul guitars made from the precious wood in the Gibson factory . A 1983 Les Paul and a 1974 Les Paul .

The Brazilian Mahogany trees were being misused and possibly could have become extinct. The wood is the finest wood I have ever worked with by Far .

I used to produce a product made from the oil of a nut from a tree found in the Amazon rainforest. Harvesting the fruit did not harm the environment whatsoever, in fact, gowing trees that provided the product supported continuance of the old growth forest. Unfortunately, through deforestation over decades for pasture land, this tree has been essentially been eliminated and the scarcity of the oil made the product go the way of the dinosaur.
I have since found another source of the saponin, that which I mentioned earlier in this thread. It is harvested ecologically and in a 'fair-trade' manner by indigenous tribes of the Himilayas, thereby providing them a decent earning, and at the same time, helping maintain the balance of nature.

^ I'm stupified by the ignorance of some people, putting petty politics above the future of planet (ie. proved above by continually downvoting anonymously). It's our shared future.

Last edited:
•••
Canada's loser prime minister Trudeau gets scolded by both Xi Jinping and Xi Jinping's underling for failing to handle things in the manner in which he had previously been ordered to handle them, at the G20 summit.

Last edited:
•••
I'm stupified by the ignorance of some people, putting petty politics above the future of planet
Not all politics are petty. Bad politicians can pose an immediate threat to people's lives, livelihoods and families. It's not ignorant to respond to an immediate threat before a less immediate threat - it's rational.

I don't know much about Brazilian politics, but Lula da Silva is apparently highly corrupt even by the standards of politicians. Thus, even if I placed protection of the rainforest over immediate protection of your family, I wouldn't put much stock in this man's words.

•••
I used to produce a product made from the oil of a nut from a tree found in the Amazon rainforest. Harvesting the fruit did not harm the environment whatsoever, in fact, gowing trees that provided the product supported continuance of the old growth forest. Unfortunately, through deforestation over decades for pasture land, this tree has been essentially been eliminated and the scarcity of the oil made the product go the way of the dinosaur.
I have since found another source of the saponin, that which I mentioned earlier in this thread. It is harvested ecologically and in a 'fair-trade' manner by indigenous tribes of the Himilayas, thereby providing them a decent earning, and at the same time, helping maintain the balance of nature.

^ I'm stupified by the ignorance of some people, putting petty politics above the future of planet (ie. proved above by continually downvoting anonymously). It's our shared future.

This is a major concern to me as I use natural homeopathic remedies for medication , but also because nothing on the earth should ever become extinct due to misuse by humans IMO . Homeopathic health care has been my lifeline since birth , only in emergency situations will I put any synthetic chemicals from medications in my body .

Last edited:
•••
Not all politics are petty. Bad politicians can pose an immediate threat to people's lives, livelihoods and families. It's not ignorant to respond to an immediate threat before a less immediate threat - it's rational.

I don't know much about Brazilian politics, but Lula da Silva is apparently highly corrupt even by the standards of politicians. Thus, even if I placed protection of the rainforest over immediate protection of your family, I wouldn't put much stock in this man's words.

That's a rational argument; however, he served his time in jail for corruption, unlike some politicians we know...

If someone has a rational argument, respond in a rational way is the point.

•••
That's a rational argument; however, he served his time in jail for corruption, unlike some politicians we know...

If someone has a rational argument, respond in a rational way is the point.
Trump didn't serve time because in non-Communist countries you usually have to commit a crime to serve time, and Trump did not actually commit any.

•••
This is a major concern to me as I use natural homeopathic remedies for medication , but also because nothing on the earth should ever become extinct due to misuse by humans IMO . Homeopathic health care has been my lifeline since birth , only in emergency situations will I put any synthetic chemicals from medications in my body .

On this point we definitely agree. I use my own products and those that are derived from nature. I won't take the jab unless it's mandatory, and on that point I am also very concerned.

It's irrational to assail those who support 'grass-roots' efforts to help save the planet, like small business enterprises who actually employ people ...preferring to vote for corrupt billionaires who promote multi-national corporate greed and replace humans with robots and AI while destroying the fabric of the Earth.

Trump didn't serve time because in non-Communist countries you usually have to commit a crime to serve time, and Trump did not actually commit any.

That has yet to be determined by a court of law, since he is using all means at his disposal (and other people's money) to ride out the clock so that he doesn't have to testify, unlike many citizens who may be subject to the laws of the land (and I believe US is not a communist country). Not saying that all the laws are fair and just either, as we know the system itself is just as corrupt and biased in many cases.

•••
That has yet to be determined by a court of law, since he is using all means at his disposal (and other people's money) to ride out the clock so that he doesn't have to testify, unlike many citizens who may be subject to the laws of the land (and I believe US is not a communist country). Not saying that all the laws are fair and just either, as we know the system itself is just as corrupt and biased in many cases.
It's just a game to sabatoge the most popular political candidate. That's why hard leftist newspapers are admitting there is nothing to all this. You'll recall that you mentioned this months ago and I flat out said that nothing would come of this and all the little Trump haters would run around screaming that Trump escaped by the skin of his teeth. It was obvious because it's happened so many times before.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...=wp_main&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

That's why in free countries people are considered innocent until proven guilty. Anyone can file allegations, but it (usually) requires proof for someone to do jail time. You know he hasn't been proven guilty of any crime but you waste people's time talking about how Trump is a criminal, and when they point out that he's not a criminal you're like, "well, we don't really know... he could be". That's pretty much 100% of what you are about. The only reason anyone humors you and pretends to take you seriously around here is because if they don't you will just shut down all real political discourse with your nonsense, and people still want to have political discussions.

Last edited:
•••
It's just a game to sabatoge the most popular political candidate. That's why hard leftistsnewspapers are admitting there is nothing to all this. You'll recall that you mentioned this months ago and I flat out said that nothing would come of this and all the little shills would run around screaming that Trump escaped by the skin of his teeth. It was obvious because it's happened so many times before.

That's why in free countries people are considered innocent until proven guilty. Anyone can file allegations, but it requires proof for someone to do jail time. You know he hasn't been proven guilty of any crime but you waste people's time talking about how Trump is a criminal, and when they point out that he's not a criminal you're like, "well, we don't really know... he could be". That's pretty much 100% of what you are about. The only reason anyone humors you and pretends to take you seriously around here is because if they don't you will just shut down all real political discourse with your nonsense.

Thanks for your honesty, although misguided, I might counter by saying, "Show me the taxes."

IIRC, Trump paid like $750 in taxes, okay, he has writeoffs, but overinflating property values is called fraud... at least where I come from. :xf.wink:

•••
talking about how Trump is a criminal, and when they point out that he's not a criminal you're like, "well, we don't really know... he could be". That's pretty much 100% of what you are about.

IMO, you've been hiding behind the computer screen for too long @Sam1234 (could be that you're the culprit who finally came into the light). I could really care less if Trump is a criminal, since he's not my leader. He's just a billionaire blow-hard who cares little about the environment, propping himself up with donations from his following. The MAGA thingy is a passing phase in the history of US politics IMO. It will have some devotees, but they won't last for long once they come to their senses and realize they can't eat money. Enjoy the heat waves and hurricanes, there's still some nature south of the border, why not get out and enjoy the fresh air while you still can. :xf.wink:

•••
IMO, you've been hiding behind the computer screen for too long @Sam1234 (could be that you're the culprit who finally came into the light). I could really care less if Trump is a criminal, since he's not my leader. He's just a billionaire blow-hard who cares little about the environment, propping himself up with donations from his following. The MAGA thingy is a passing phase in the history of US politics IMO. It will have some devotees, but they won't last for long once they come to their senses and realize they can't eat money. Enjoy the heat waves and hurricanes, there's still some nature south of the border, why not get out and enjoy the fresh air while you still can. :xf.wink:
You're the guy that spends all his time in this forum. I drop in like once a month.

Don't pretend to be my friend. Please do not tag me.

•••
You're the guy that spends all his time in this forum. I drop in like once a month.

It's called a forum for a reason, where I choose to spend my time ought to be of no concern to you, If I don't agree with you, too bad, but at least I don't hide it. If it annoys you that I have a conscience about the environment and voice my opinions, perhaps you ought to move to a Communist country. It's called free speech, and at least I am engaging in debate, unlike many of your countrymen who choose not to associate with anyone from the Trumposhere.

Don't pretend to be my friend. Please do not tag me.

I don't pretend to be your friend, but at least I try to be cordial. You think I am attacking you personally? Hardly...I wasn't born with a golden spoon up my a$$ and flaunting it.

By reducing environmental protections, threatening waterways and endangered species, the policies he put in place gave many large-scale projects impetus which threatened tribal lands and his rollback of environmental laws resulted in what can only be called a 'real attack' on public participation and access to any input regarding the Constitutional Rights that were guaranteed through treaties that protected those lands (ie. check out your history on Grover Cleveland). If my push-back bothers you, there is a button called IGNORE, and you're officially on that list.

•••
It's irrational to assail those who support 'grass-roots' efforts to help save the planet, like small business enterprises who actually employ people ...preferring to vote for corrupt billionaires who promote multi-national corporate greed and replace humans with robots and AI while destroying the fabric of the Earth.
Oh... you mean Democrats and other WEF like-minded people. I thought you were talking about Trump. How about that FTX.? They worked hand in hand with Biden and the SEC to screw billions out of those same small businesses and employees. Pretty much a US press-blackout on that though.
That has yet to be determined by a court of law, since he is using all means at his disposal (and other people's money) to ride out the clock so that he doesn't have to testify
He has not been convicted and therefore is guilty? By that reasoning, Biden is even more guilty - he hasn't even been charged!

Obama's own Attorney General ignored a congressional subpoena. It was only the Democrats who started sending people to prison for that. Which is why I give the Brazilian a little room for error - he may have been the victim of a Democrat style witch hunt as well. I don't know the details there.

•••
I thought you were talking about Trump. How about that FTX.? They worked hand in hand with Biden and the SEC to screw billions out of those same small businesses and employees. Pretty much a US press-blackout on that though.

Apart from having a handful of domains on the shelf, I'm def no expert on cryptocurrencies. Unless you have insider information, your guess is as good as mine. Here's pretty much what I know about FTX...

https://www.newsweek.com/what-behind-claim-joe-biden-laundered-billions-ukraine-aid-via-ftx

He has not been convicted and therefore is guilty? By that reasoning, Biden is even more guilty - he hasn't even been charged!

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, maybe it is a duck...but I'll leave that determination to McScrooge, lol.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Voting delays and malfunctions plagued Arizona’s Maricopa County on election day. At least 20% of tabulation machines in the county malfunctioned. The Maricopa County Elections Department said in a tweet that technicians were being sent to locations in which tabulators were malfunctioning. The county recorder later apologized for the significant voting delays and malfunctions that occurred.

“Tens of thousands of Maricopa County voters were disenfranchised,” Lake said in the video.

https://dailycaller.com/2022/11/17/...s-concede-governor-race-democrat-katie-hobbs/

Last edited:
•••
Unless you have insider information, your guess is as good as mine. Here's pretty much what I know about FTX...

https://www.newsweek.com/what-behind-claim-joe-biden-laundered-billions-ukraine-aid-via-ftx
It's public information. And you're not going to learn anything from US legacy media. Your linked article is a joke. They claim Friedman donated heavily to Republicans as well, debunking the Democrat slant. The source? Friedman himself! He Tweeted it so it must be true, according to Newsweek's "fact" check!

Tomorrow he will Tweet that he's innocent, and I guess that will exonerate him in the eyes of the security state media.

Here's a hint. Any article that calls itself a "fact check" is likely to be totally biased and an attempt to avoid facts and mislead. It's all part of the new Orwellian world the US has entered.

Last edited:
•••
Here's a hint. Any article that calls itself a "fact check" is likely to be totally biased and an attempt to avoid facts and mislead. It's all part of the new Orwellian world the US has entered.

Like I said, I'm no expert on cryptocurrencies, so I'll yield to your expertise. IIRC, you've been doing a fair it of research into the blockchain. Did you invest? How's that working out for ya? :xf.wink:

It's kinda like building a wall without considering the root causes of why its even necessary in the first place...do you really think the majority of illegal immigrants wanted to uproot themselves, trekking dangerously through foreign lands only to find themselves stuffed into cages on the other end? Bizaare world indeed.

•••
Then again, there's Taiwan... I understand your consternation @Domainace, since you live in the neighbourhood. Apparently you still got 4-5 years before that war comes to a head according to some sources. "Many have floated 2027 - which also marks the centenary of the founding of the People’s Libreation Army (PLA) - as the year China could be capable of invading the island, including U.S. officials."

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/this-is-how-taiwans-military-would-go-to-war-with-china

It could happen any time, or it could not...that's entirely up to the powers that be. One can only speculate at this point.

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back