Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Who is to Blame for the Troubled US Economy?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Both Parties

votes
    44.9%
  • Neither Party

votes
    9.5%
  • Democrats

votes
    22.3%
  • Republicans

votes
    23.4%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
Here you can spout your USA political views.

Rules:
1. Keep it clean
2. No fighting
3. Respect the views of others.
4. US Political views, No Religious views
5. Have fun :)

:wave:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Democrats can't hold power without cheating and can't cheat without out stoking hatred.

•••
What I learned today...

Four US states have voted to remove language from their state constitutions that said slavery is legal as a criminal punishment.

There are still more than a dozen states that include language permitting slavery and involuntary servitude for prisoners ...yikes! :wtf:

And I thought China was behind the times (recalling my Republican buddy having served time in a Chinese forced labour camp).

Don't worry, liberal media will find something else for you to fear and hate.

Last edited:
•••
1668162215603.png

1668162222652.png

1668162229636.png

But ultra mega maga!!

Last edited:
•••
•••

Some people don't have a choice to be homeless bohemians... Hitler did, his choices helped the German capitalist industrialists thrive.

•••
•••
Don't worry, liberal media will find something else for you to fear and hate.

I don't live in fear, nor do I hate... I am simply astounded by the law in some states.

If anything concerns me it is Global Warming, which will affect us all.

Much of US will become unihabitable within this century, and many people will be homeless. Meanwhile, with polar ice melting, global power will shift north and we'll likely see a build up of military in the Arctic. Currently, as it stands...

as-comp-artic-cold-war-bases-v2.jpg

•••
•••
•••
This shtick is getting old.

1668181375155.png

•••
Some people don't have a choice to be homeless bohemians... Hitler did, his choices helped the German capitalist industrialists thrive.

Joe Biden is everything the left accused Trump of being.

•••
Joe Biden is everything the left accused Trump of being.

IIRC, Biden did not blast Republicans in general, but the extreme Right... Trump's January 6th capitol assault was proof.

It's also a known fact that a large portion of donations to assail Canada's capital was from the Right, both from US/Can.

Call it what you like, whatever floats your boat. That boat sunk.

•••
In all fairness, you can't rest all the blame on politicians - they play to the crowd - the responsibility is shared by the people who vote for them.

:beaver:

•••
Carbon footprint over time...

1.%20Cumulative%202020.png

Data from 2019...

2.%20Annual%202019.png

Source: https://www.ucsusa.org/resources/each-countrys-share-co2-emissions

Public Enemy # 1 - Fossil Fuels​

The burning of fossil fuels pollutes our public lands and coasts, threatens nearby communities, and is responsible for the climate crisis. At the same time, oil and gas lobbyists have spent decades enriching themselves by keeping the United States dependent on fossil fuels. In order to become energy independent, the country must swiftly and urgently transition to clean energy—not invest yet more resources and time into the same volatile and polluting fuel sources that are contributing to the current energy crisis. Solutions must include a just transition that builds wealth and empowers rural, energy-producing communities and workers.

https://www.americanprogressaction.org/topic/fossil-fuels/

•••
Interesting they have to run that chart back 270 years (to 1750) to make the US the bad guy! Who cares who was emitting what in 1750? Let's stick to the present, and the number one emitter - by far - is China. And Russia gets special mention, with an economy the size of Italy but a carbon footprint in line with the big boys.

And all this will be considered quaint once the Democrats manage to start World War 3.

•••
Interesting they have to run that chart back 270 years (to 1750) to make the US the bad guy! Who cares who was emitting what in 1750? Let's stick to the present, and the number one emitter - by far - is China. And Russia gets special mention, with an economy the size of Italy but a carbon footprint in line with the big boys.

And all this will be considered quaint once the Democrats manage to start World War 3.

You do have a point, but look what it took to MAG, and you wanna MAGA? The fact is, there won't be anything left to MAGA if you keep burying your head in the oil sand.

The chart is there to educate, not make any one country look bad (US had an early lead). China has 5X the population and 2X the carbon footprint. They all see what the West has and want it too...unfortunately. If Canada had the same population, it would far surpass both US & China. Does that make it okay to pollute? Of course not.

Why not be a leader in clean energy and show by example? The future depends on it.

•••
@Domainace ...here's a chart for reference:

Population-of-China-millions-1700-1850.png

By 1820, China had already exceeded the current population of USA. Their CO2 levels skyrocketed in 2000, while US has declined overall since 2000. Why? Because they sent their factories overseas to take advantage of Chinese cheap labour, that's why. CO2 is their #1 export, followed by US. Do the math.

Top6emitters2020png.png

•••
•••
Only those who refuse to study history are condemned to repeat it. Consider this:
No. Those who study history are also condemned to repeat it. Because their compatriots haven't studied it. Or, as is the case in the modern West, they think history is a fable with nothing to offer.

•••
No. Those who study history are also condemned to repeat it. Because their compatriots haven't studied it. Or, as is the case in the modern West, they think history is a fable with nothing to offer.

The problem isn't Climate Change, it's math ...a human problem caused by a lack of understanding and bias interference (geo-politics like Trumpism etc.) coupled with fear. Our primitive brain simply isn't wired to accept the facts, even when they're clearly laid our in front of us. The moral of said 'fable' is, "If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen (or turn off the gas)."

At least in most parts of Canada we'll be able to temporarily withstand the coming storm - fresh water, fresh air and an already cold climate. What me worry? Well, I suppose it just prolongs the inevitable. :xf.confused:

•••

Hear what Biden and Xi said to each other in first meeting as heads of state​

•••

Hear what Biden and Xi said to each other in first meeting as heads of state​

My hope is that cooler heads (and logic) will prevail in the political arena. My gun is bigger than yours just won't cut it. It appears that folks who understand that have sent a clear message during the mid-term election. The Red Wave did not happen as predicted.

It is also my belief that the current divide in US politics is one that can be overcome through rational, sensible reasoning, as we can only tackle the existential threats if we work together. It's not a competition, but a mindset.

Be proud of what the US has accomplished, and show the rest of the world that you've got the resources and the will to continue to be world leaders in the face of monumental Global challenges that affect us all. ☮️

:beaver: Cannuck out

•••
Anyone who speaks Chinese knows that the message the Chinese government sends out in English and the message they send out in Chinese are completely different. Words mean as little to Xi as they do to Biden. It would be great if countries work together, but that's not going to happen when they are both being run by gangsters.

•••
It would be great if countries work together, but that's not going to happen when they are both being run by gangsters.

Notwithstanding efforts to change course, that would include any Imperialistic regime throughout history.

"Ending the environment is the fastest way to end society." - Martin Luther King

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back