Dynadot
Spaceship
Watch

Who is to Blame for the Troubled US Economy?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Both Parties

votes
    44.9%
  • Neither Party

votes
    9.5%
  • Democrats

votes
    22.3%
  • Republicans

votes
    23.4%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
Here you can spout your USA political views.

Rules:
1. Keep it clean
2. No fighting
3. Respect the views of others.
4. US Political views, No Religious views
5. Have fun :)

:wave:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You don't get it.

Cheap money is Extremely expensive and can lead to things like massive more debt, Easy loans, and we all know what happens with easy loans.

Banks won't have to pay interest but they still charge interest.

When banks don't have to pay any interest on their loans and Especially with Negative rates then Banks get Reckless! They tend to loan out money at will. And that spells disaster!

And Trump will take us to Negative interest rates with in a month or so....Just watch.

All we can really do now is hope COVID-19 is a very fast moving storm and makes its full entry and exit within 2 weeks

•••
Taken from another post,

TRUMP CORONAVIRUS TIMELINE (Updated)

January 30: Trump on Coronavirus, “We have it very well under control, and I think it’s going to have a very good ending. So that I can assure you!

February 2: Trump on Coronavirus, “Well, we pretty much shut it down coming in from China, but we did shut it down!

February 10: On Fox News Trump says without evidence that the coronavirus "Dies with the hotter weather… You know, a lot of people think that goes away in April with the heat.”

February 24: "The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA.

February 25: Trump falsely claims “You may ask about the coronavirus, which is very well under control in our country. We have very few people with it, and the people that have it are … getting better. They’re ALL getting better!

February 26: Trump wrongly says the coronavirus "is a flu" and that “whatever happens, we’re totally prepared.

February 26: Trump baselessly predicts the number of US cases is "going very substantially down" to "close to zero

February 26: Trump wrongly says the flu death rate is "much higher" than Dr. Sanjay Gupta said. Coronavirus has 10X death rate compared to flu. If 60K die from flu then 600K will die from Coronavirus!

February 27: Trump baselessly said, "It's going to disappear. One day -- it's like a miracle -- it will disappear.”

February 28: Trump said at a rally, Coronavirus is “the new Democratic Hoax.

March 2: Trump falsely claims “nobody knew of the number of US flu deaths”.

March 2: Trump says a vaccine is coming "relatively soon”. Only Trump did not bother to mention that CDC had told him earlier that day that a vaccine was a year to a year and a half away.

March 4: Trump said he believes people infected with the novel coronavirus may get better "by sitting around and even going to work."

March 5: Trump wrongly claims the virus only hit the US "three weeks ago”. Trump was informed of a confirmed case on January 21(6 weeks prior).

March 5: World Health Organization (WHO), based on data collected around the world, stated the global mortality rate for coronavirus at 3.4%. Trump says: “I think the 3.4 % is really a false number, this is just my ‘Hunch’!

March 6: As the number of cases and deaths in Italy rises, Trump says “I hear the numbers getting much better in Italy.

March 6: Trump tells cameras, “Anybody who wants a test can get one.” VP Pence said the day prior that Americans could not get tested simply because they wanted to get tested. "You may not get a test unless a doctor or public health official prescribes a test."

March 6: Trump is amused that "maybe the coronavirus improved US jobs numbers.

March 6: "I like the numbers being where they are. I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship," Trump said of passengers on the Grand Princess cruise ship.

March 7: Trump said that doctors he's come across as the administration tries to get a handle on the outbreak have been surprised about how much he knows about COVID-19. "Maybe I have a natural ability," he said. "Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president."

March 11: Trump’s Address from Oval Office wrongly states Insurance companies will pay for patients Coronavirus treatment. Next day Insurance Coalition corrected Trump and said they will pay ONLY for Co-payments, NOT treatment.

March 13: Trump declares National Emergency. “As you know Europe was just designated as the hot spot right now, and we closed that border a while ago so that was lucky or through talent or through luck… call it whatever you want.” The travel ban had not even been implemented, scheduled to start that night.

March 13: Asked why his Admin previously disbanded the national pandemic office which would have significantly prepared the United States, “When you say me, I didn’t do it. We have a group of people… You say we did that, but I don’t know anything about it.” This, after Trump’s presser from Feb. 26 where it was previously brought up and discussed with Trump.

March 13: Backpedaling about whether or not he should get tested and self-isolate for Coronavirus after being in direct contact with those carrying the virus, “I asked them that same question, and they said, ‘You don’t have any symptoms whatsoever.’” You don’t have to be showing symptoms to already have the Coronavirus.

March 13: Trump interacted with several top administration officials and business leaders during the address, shaking hands and patting them.

March 13: Asked by a reporter about the federal failures to test for Coronavirus, Trump answered, “No I don’t take responsibility for that at all.” This, after he exclaimed on March 6 that tests were ready and everyone who wanted a test would be able to get a test.

•••
All we can really do now is hope COVID-19 is a very fast moving storm and makes its full entry and exit within 2 weeks
Unfortunately we may still be climbing in two weeks. We are at least 6 weeks behind.

Last edited:
•••
Damn!
That some wild landings having to land while coming right out of a turn at a low elevation.

How many crashes has there been?

Those pilots must be ex-fighter pilots use to landing on aircraft carriers.
They normally use more experienced pilots, so most of us feel confident!

They had two crashes in the 70's when on both occasions the pilots insisted on landing with bad weather.

When those crashes happened I was living in California at the time.

•••
Futures just opened and they are not too happy.

Down 700 points

•••
I hope you are right, but I have a sneaking suspicion it'll be much longer!!!

•••
If you want to finance a house, now is the time to do. Credit will be cheap.

You don't get it.

Cheap money is Extremely expensive and can lead to things like massive more debt, Easy loans, and we all know what happens with easy loans.

Banks won't have to pay interest but they still charge interest.

When banks don't have to pay any interest on their loans and Especially with Negative rates then Banks get Reckless! They tend to loan out money at will. And that spells disaster!

And Trump will take us to Negative interest rates with in a month or so....Just watch.

•••
Futures just opened and they are not too happy.

Down 700 points
It's less stressful landing in Madeira airport on a windy day than playing the markets at the moment..

•••
Futures.png

•••
More like refinancing and taking money out and using your house like a piggy bank.

And causing housing prices to go up more and possibly creating a bubble.

Not saying that will happen but this is the recipe for how it could happen......again

Last edited:
•••
O'Hara airport is a Covid 19 Petri dish today.

ohare1DONT-DELETE-WGN-slate.jpg

•••
I hope you are right, but I have a sneaking suspicion it'll be much longer!!!

That is really our only hope at this point, we wagered with this virus and have so far lost, aside from the virus dying off quickly, we are pretty fucked at this point i think.

•••
That is really our only hope at this point, we wagered with this virus and have so far lost, aside from the virus dying off quickly, we are pretty f*cked at this point i think.
With the amount of effort going on worldwide to combat this virus in so many different ways, I think that by May, the latest, many will be saying: WTF was all that panicking and crazy run for Toilet Paper all about?

•••
This is Bad, the futures hit a limit bottom.

The Dow futures has been stuck at -1041 for almost 2 hours now!

That means its not allowed to go down any further but it wants to, really bad! So bad its stuck!

Wall Street does not like that rate cut at all! It is a sign of Desperation and markets Hate desperation.

If the Dow opened right now it could be down -2000 points or more.

Futures.png

Dow
https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/YM=F?p=YM=F

S&P
https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/ES=F?p=ES=F

Nasdaq
https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/NQ=F?p=NQ=F

Last edited:
•••
I think they will both throw soft balls at each other and rocks at Trump.

Guess not. I hope that Commie gets stomped out on Tuesday.

07246634717587ac05bb06635f2a22d0.jpg

Last edited:
•••
The benchmark 10yr bond yield is at .9510

So as long as the 10yr goes up mortgage rates don't come down.

Mortgage rates are based on the 10yr bond. Aprox 2% - 2 1/2% above the 10yr bond rate.
So if the 10yr bond stays at or near 1% then the 30yr mortgage stays around 3% - 3.5% regardless of the fed cutting rates for banks.

We will see when the bond market open up.

Last edited:
•••
Guess not. I hope that Commie gets stomped out on Tuesday.

07246634717587ac05bb06635f2a22d0.jpg
I know huh....lol

I can just see these two fighting over the last Prune at Golden Corral's buffet? :xf.laugh:

•••
Biden just committed himself to picking a woman VP

•••
Last edited:
•••
O'Hara airport is a Covid 19 Petri dish today.

ohare1DONT-DELETE-WGN-slate.jpg
On the other side of the scale, Rome airport was so empty and quiet today, that you could hear birds singing there for the very first time ever!

•••
Don't think this debate really changes anything. Trump thanks Bernie for his service. Biden still likely to run the tables Tuesday.

•••
•••
Stocks plunge, dollar slides as Fed's emergency cut spooks investors

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/dollar-slips-fed-leads-world-215312464.html

My projection at this point, the election of 2020 will be postponed , President Trump will remain in office until ???? when ever the virus and clean up have fully taken place
I cant see the election being postpone unless its a Zombie Apocalypse but I can see that after Trump loses he refuses to leave office on Jan 20the 2021 and claim election fraud and say it was an invalid election.

Last edited:
•••
Don't think this debate really changes anything. Trump thanks Bernie for his service. Biden still likely to run the tables Tuesday.
Voters on Tuesday now know a woman VP is now going to be on the ticket (y)

Amy Klobuchar Come On Down!

giphy.gif

•••
Not wishing the virus on anyone, but Imagine for a moment if Trump, Biden and Sanders all 3 got Covid 19 :xf.eek::xf.eek::xf.eek::xf.eek::xf.eek:

What the hell would that do to the country and the economy?

That would be devastating to say the least! :xf.eek::xf.eek::xf.eek::xf.eek::xf.eek::xf.eek:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back