Domain Empire

The official .mobi, .asia, .IDN sucks thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
The official .mobi/ .asia/ .me/ .TV sucks thread

It seems every good thread these days gets filled with .mobi/ .asia/ .IDN/ .TV/ .us, debates. So here's a thread we can have at it! We can also refer people here if things get heated.

;)

I'll start with a neutral statement:

WTF is the point of .mobi?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
hawkeye said:
... and unsubstantiated criticisms, that have no merit or proof, but which you consistantly post and make out to be fact as if you are the all knowing one here!

FACT:
mTLD is not enforcing the firm development and compliance mandates! :!:

FACT:
1,000's upon 1,000's of "reserved" "dot Mobey" domains still languish under the ownership of mTLD! :tri:

FACT:
mTLD abandoned the RFP process and instead auctioned :$: some of its most highly-prized and developable generic "dot Mobey" domains!

FACT:
"dot Mobey" scrap DROPS are occurring as we speak ... down at least 9% - 12% from its peak! :o

FACT:
"dot Mobey" is long, unnatural, and entirely clumsy ... a branding nightmare!

FACT:
Mutitudes of questions and concerns regarding mTLD and the "dot Mobey" extension continue to go unanswered!

FACT:
Instead of candid answers to these myriad of questions and concerns, those closest with mTLD and the "dot Mobey" continue to post immature spam and personal attacks (ie, distraction and subterfuge)! :guilty: :snaphappy:

FACT:
Stand-alone developments are not occurring at the corporate level ... developers and End users are not adopting the extension, "sales" are only occurring between domainers and Usual Suspects™, and critical mass awareness for the "dot Mobey" is severely lacking, if not completely nonexistant!

OPINION:
Thank you for repecting my opinions! :talk: :imho:

Have a nice day!
-Jeff B-)

•••
Jeff said:

OPINION:
Thank you for repecting my opinions!
And all your berating postings and condesending comments, simply boils down to, as you note!, - 'your opinions'!!! Nothing more.

And you know, we all are 'repecting' of your opinions! :-/

•••
Jeff said:
FACT:

FACT:
1,000's upon 1,000's of "reserved" "dot Mobey" domains still languish under the ownership of mTLD! :tri:

FACT:
mTLD abandoned the RFP process and instead auctioned :$: some of its most highly-prized and developable generic "dot Mobey" domains!

FACT:
"dot Mobey" scrap DROPS are occurring as we speak ... down at least 9% - 12% from its peak! :o

FACT:

FACT:
Mutitudes of questions and concerns regarding mTLD and the "dot Mobey" extension continue to go unanswered!

FACT:
Instead of candid answers to these myriad of questions and concerns, those closest with mTLD and the "dot Mobey" continue to post immature spam and personal attacks (ie, distraction and subterfuge)! :guilty: :snaphappy:

FACT:
Stand-alone developments are not occurring at the corporate level ... developers and End users are not adopting the extension, "sales" are only occurring between domainers and Usual Suspects™, and critical mass awareness for the "dot Mobey" is severely lacking, if not completely nonexistant!

OPINION:

Have a nice day!
-Jeff B-)

FACT:

The extension is .mobi not dot mobey.

RECOMMENDATION:

Usage of .mobi instead of dot mobey may lead to one being taken more seriously.

•••
PVFARKAS said:
FACT:

The extension is .mobi not dot mobey.

If there was ever an actual radio advertisement for an developed "dot Mobey" ... would it not sound like "dot Mobey"? IYHO. :red: :snaphappy:
Tick. Tock.

RECOMMENDATION:

Usage of .mobi instead of dot mobey may lead to one being taken more seriously.

I disagree ... other than yourself and the few remaining niche enthusiasts, I think folks here understand exactly - and WHY - where I've been coming from for a long, long time with regard to the struggling "dot Mobey" (and mTLD), IMHO. Any way one wants to slice it; it is a very long, cumbersome, two-syllabled, unnatural and HIGHLY PROBLEMATIC extension in which to brand for use by those that are "on the go", in my experience. :guilty:
R.I.P.

Thanks for understanding.
-Jeff B-)

•••
which is why the highly brandable .tell is going to crush .mobey

!!!!!!!!!!

•••
mjnels said:
which is why the highly brandable .tell is going to crush .mobey

!!!!!!!!!!

Old news.
The coming launch of the very highly brandable .TEL extension has already taken - along with the well documented and unaccounted for fumblings and dumblings by mTLD, itself - the wind out of the sails of the long, clumsy, "made up", and unbrandable "dot Mobey", IMHO. :guilty: :red:

I believe the one extension to watch, though, might be the very natural and highly visible .WEB! :music: :talk:
IMHO.
Additional "mobile-related" new extensions ... will further dilute the floundering "dot Mobey", as well! :tri:

-Jeff B-)

•••
D-: Tranquility of the last 19 days here at NP, .........now has ended.. :(

•••
hawkeye said:
D-: Tranquility of the last 19 days here at NP, .........now has ended.. :(
Tranquility can still be found :lol:

This message is hidden because Jeff is on your ignore list.

•••
Jeff said:
The coming launch of the very highly brandable .TEL extension has already taken - along with the well documented and unaccounted for fumblings and dumblings by mTLD, itself - the wind out of the sails of the long, clumsy, "made up", and unbrandable "dot Mobey", IMHO. :guilty: :red:

ohhhh.... so thats why .mobi aftermarket prices are down... because .tel is going to be released.. gotttttttcha. :-/

Jeff said:
I believe the one extension to watch, though, might be the very natural and highly visible .WEB! :music: :talk:
IMHO.

cool, i got the american express gold card with no limit ready in hand... im going to register tons of .web domains based on this advice. thank ya.

Jeff said:
Additional "mobile-related" new extensions ... will further dilute the floundering "dot Mobey", as well! :tri:

geez, so mobile related extensions are that popular that companies are willing to compete!?!?!!

this is awesome! B-)

•••
No substance and non answers!

Jeff said:
FACT:

And yet the questions and concerns regarding mTLD and "dot Mobey" persist ... :cy: :|
Tick. Tock.

-Jeff B-)

•••
you dont like it when i make your posts look like silly hype, do you?

•••
people... ignore Jeff

his POVs never changes and he will keep telling it is because of "the questions and concerns regarding mTLD and "dot Mobey" persist"

besides, as i said before, with his contraditory and non-professional sig, i don't see why keep reading and debating his posts

i would say he went to the extension in its beginning but due to some mistakes (maybe of names regged) he says mTLD is the evil... it is easy to blame others for your own mistakes

•••
bricio said:
i don't see why keep reading and debating his posts

because they are incredibly easy to debate.... demanding answers about the registry from domainers on a domainers forum is pretty ridiculous.. doesnt take much to point this out every time.

classic spin tho. sometimes i think im watching "Hannity's America" (the domain edition) or something on Fox News. B-)

•••
of the .MOBI Agenda™ ...

bricio said:
his POVs never changes and he will keep telling it is because of "the questions and concerns regarding mTLD and "dot Mobey" persist" ...

^ Exactly, and this is FACT ... that the CRITICAL questions and concerns regarding both mTLD and the "dot Mobey" continue now two years later! :yell: :imho:

I have had dozens upon dozens of PM's thanking me for providing the necessary balance to the venomous "dot Mobey" hype machine and lack of actual, real substance ... many of those who have SAVED REAL MONEY :$: in wasted "dot Mobey" registrations and yearly renewals! These kind folks chose not to put me, and others who provide this welcomed balance, on "Ignore" ... and now have more money in their pockets as a result, humbly. :xf.love:

It's your decision, of course ... but be very VERY careful of the motives and agenda by those few calling for you to put me, and others, and our opinions in that hidden (read, silenced) parallel! :cy:

Happy August, folks! :music:
-Jeff B-)

•••
but im a domain newbie and i bought like 1,000 mobi during landrush and the days shortly after and i did not lose money. i actually gained about 400 landrush .mobi's effectively for free.

balance doesnt come from taking an extreme stance like "dotmobi sucks - you will lose money"

some people will lose money with .mobi..... and .asia, and .me, etc etc etc.. the other side of it is some people will do incredibly well and can make a living selling these things in their underwear from home. but hey, screw the entrepreneurial spirit and taking risks. lets all invest in government backed bonds.

•••
mjnels said:
..... but hey, screw the entrepreneurial spirit and taking risks. lets all invest in government backed bonds.

Oh yes --- The US government is a bastion of financial solvency.

•••
I believe ICANN should consult with Jeff before releasing any more exts. Dot com is the only tld worth anything and nothing else will ever amount to jack...except maybe the highly brandable .tell :D Oh and .web too D-:

•••
R.i.p.

keithmt said:
I believe ICANN should consult with Jeff before releasing any more exts.

I don't know about ICANN ... but mTLD is in an irreversible and HUGE CLUSTER right now, and they should have been proactively addressing the critical questions and concerns that have been posted here consistently on #1 Namepros™ since November '05, and it might have spared their fate (as even a teeny tiny niche / novely / vanity player amongst all-but-fogotten long, two-syllabled, and awkward extensions) ! :ghost: :imho:
R.I.P.

-Jeff B-)

•••
Jeff said:
I don't know about ICANN ... but mTLD is in an irreversible and HUGE CLUSTER right now, and they should have been proactively addressing the critical questions and concerns that have been posted here consistently on #1 Namepros™ since November '05, and it might have spared their fate (as even a teeny tiny niche / novely / vanity player amongst all-but-fogotten long, two-syllabled, and awkward extensions) ! :ghost: :imho:
R.I.P.

-Jeff B-)
Since when does mtld owe anyone here at NP anything? Questions posted here at NP are for member discussion and nothing more!

And again, how many mobis do you own Jeff???

•••
keithmt said:
Since when does mtld owe anyone here at NP anything? Questions posted here at NP are for member discussion and nothing more!

Were you present when Mr. Pinkyard was here on #1 Namepros ... in 2005? :|

-Jeff B-)

•••
Jeff said:

-Jeff B-)

he was never here in 2005... it was 2006.

•••
mjnels said:
he was never here in 2005... it was 2006.

Was Keith present, at the time? :blink:

-Jeff B-)

•••
Jeff,
With all due respect.
I see lots of "FACTS" being displayed without appropriate references. Please reference your sources, before posting information as stated "FACTS".
Thanks in advance,
-DBADT2007

PS, Toward the end of your post, you state its your opinion.
So which is it? FACT or OPINION.

Jeff said:
FACT:

FACT:

FACT:

FACT:

FACT:

FACT:

FACT:

FACT:

OPINION:

Have a nice day!
-Jeff B-)

•••
Jeff said:

-Jeff B-)
So because he was here at one point means he owes you or
I an explanation when we demand it?

Again....how many mobis do you own Jeff? I think this is a
simple, straight forward question.

Jeff said:

-Jeff B-)
Nope. And your point is??? Are you saying because
Pinky posted here a few times he now owes you something?

•••
Jeff said:

-Jeff B-)

no but i was.... quite frankly i was shocked he agreed to come on a domainer forum and talk about .mobi

a lot of the questions people asked were like listening to each persons individual pipe dreams... mobi buttons, commercials advertising that .mobi exists, etc..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back